Blazing Star AES authentic? boot?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
James=King.

I remember reading somewhere that some home carts have glued taps. Anyone ever ran across those? How do you open them?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
James=King.

I remember reading somewhere that some home carts have glued taps. Anyone ever ran across those? How do you open them?

In my experience, the AES carts do not have glued tabs, but they always seem to have glue on the two posts that support the boards in position (the same two posts that the MVS carts have) joining the two shell halves. They are difficult to separate, it requires some time but it's doable and once you open the cart, it can be cleaned.

Also, +1 to James is King

Regards.

skate

n00b
Hi there!

thanks a lot for your answer :)

also, I see that someone have difficulties opening the AES cartridges. personnally, I use plastic cards (at least two, but with three it's perfect), just like credit card, to open my aes games and I don't had any marks or damages on it with this method.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
So, assuming that all the carts posted here are legits, Blazing Star AES was released on two different sets of boards?
- PROGBK1Y / CHA256RY (Kingcar and skate)
- PROGBK1Y / CHA512Y (greeneye8181)

Arcade-collector.com doesn't have Blazing Star among the games using a CHA256RY
http://www.arcade-collector.com/sea...ry?PHPSESSID=09c53f4a559919f67376001eac7f695d
They don't have any AES picture for the game, althoug they mention the PROGBK1Y / CHA512Y combination

For what it matters, the MVS scans available on mvs-scans.com show both times a MVS CHA512Y
http://mvs-scans.com/index.php/Blazing_Star

I'd like to open up my cart and check it, but won't be able to get it on my hands before half of December.
Anyone else has opened his cart and can share some more details on the boards used?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It seems there is not definitive answer on this but from reading this thread, it seems there are, in fact, two original versions of the AES Blazing Star cart, one using 256 board and the other using the 512 board. SNK did some strange things back in the day, this could be one. However it seems on the MVS side, only 512 boards were used on original Blazing Stars. I have an MVS one with a 256 board and it's obvious the soldering of the chips was not made by a machine but by a not-so-skilled person using a not-so-good soldering iron.

Regards.