Blazing Star AES authentic? boot?

Kingcar

n00b

Btw. I purchased the cart in Bochum at the Retrobörse abround 2007-2008 I can't remember exactly. From a seller called colletibles or something like that.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The chips look original IMO, but AFAIK the real Blazing Star should contain a CHA512Y board inside. Yous have a CHA256B which seems to imply it is a reproduction of some kind (compare with the pics posted in the initial post).

Regards.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Looks legit to me. The solder joints look on point. That's char256B board might be because its for the AES not MVS.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Looks legit to me. The solder joints look on point. That's char256B board might be because its for the AES not MVS.

Not really sure about that, check the pics on the first post. It shows a 512Y board, AES flavor.

Regards.

Kingcar

n00b
Thanks for your replys Guys. If you should need more detailed pictures just ask for them. I sure had a hard time opening this cart, but I feel confidend enough to redo it if needed.
Before somebody comes around acusing me of makin' money of some stuff like that.
I HAVE NO INTENTION TO EVER SELL THIS GAME! :D

skate

n00b
Hi there

I will use this topic to ask you the same thing than the previous members : is my Blazing Star an original or not. I do not have much doubts on the authenticity of the game, but 'cause I am not an AES expert, I prefer to have confirmation of the pros here about this.

here are the pics of the PCBs (sorry for the quality of the images...) :

the solders all look industrial made.

thanks in advance for your help guys!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Crappy pics indeed, looks legit though.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
so both of you can open your aes carts without breaking them?

It's not that hard, you just need the plastic tools included in the sets used to replace cell phone screens. That's what I used and it didn't mark the carts.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Don't mind him. He just *really* hates AES bootleggers...

I'm sorry Jibba, but I am not bootlegging anything. I just happened to have opened some AES carts before to check their boards, that's it. I'm sorry if I broke some rule by explaining how to open an AES cart. If so, I'll edit my post ASAP.

Regards.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Dude, relax. Tasuke is having a meltdown, that is all. No one is saying you're a bootlegger.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I'm sorry Jibba, but I am not bootlegging anything. I just happened to have opened some AES carts before to check their boards, that's it. I'm sorry if I broke some rule by explaining how to open an AES cart. If so, I'll edit my post ASAP.

Regards.

Huh? No, man. You're fine. I was just making a joke about MT and his meltdown. Nothing was directed at you or in response to anything that you posted.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
LOL, I totally misunderstood Jibba's post, I guess I gotta improve my English skills :).

If anything, post a how-to with pictures. The folks making boots/conversions obviously know how to do it already. Might as well get it out there.

I might work on some tutorial with pics (unless I am missing some sarcasm here? :keke:)

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I might work on some tutorial with pics (unless I am missing some sarcasm here? :keke:)

I understand why folks wouldn't want such a thing out there- it could help wannabe bootleggers. But on the other hand why not help people verify the authenticity of their carts? Best way to combat bootlegs/conversions is to inform.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yeah, post that tutorial. I don't see any reason why not, au contraire.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Xian Xi already posted one on his website lol. If you look under tutorials/aes it's like the second one lol.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
It's not that hard, you just need the plastic tools included in the sets used to replace cell phone screens. That's what I used and it didn't mark the carts.

What does these tools look like? I once tried to open a cart with my hands but ended up using a screwdriver... :shame: I might want to try to open one properly one day, do you have a link where to buy them?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
What does these tools look like? I once tried to open a cart with my hands but ended up using a screwdriver... :shame: I might want to try to open one properly one day, do you have a link where to buy them?

The tools I use are the long blue ones on this pic:

534754127_774.jpg

It also helps if you have the third blue tool. If not, you can also use a hard guitar/bass pick (1.0mm or so).

Regards.