BerryTogart - finally old enough for the NeoGeo

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hello to the forum,
when the NeoGeo was released I learned about the games in EGM - but in Austria I didn't ever see a shop who even sold the console (I saw one once in the UK on Holidays).

Apart from the fact that no one offered it over here, I also would not have been able to afford it - so I did bide my time with the usual suspects like SNES and MegaDrive aka Genesis.

When the "jump to the 3rd dimension" was introduced I got hold of a PS1, but to be honest I'm under the strong impression that 2Ds are enough. (except VR that is)

I haven't got much experience in working with electronics yet - but at least I managed to build my own controller with sanwa parts and according pad hacks to hook up the thing to my Dreamcast and XBox360 (which I own to play arcade rereleases like SF III 3rd Strike).

Not having enough room for a cab in my flat I'm going to try building a CMVS. Buying the thing is not an option for me atm - not because they don't look good - but because I feel I have to "earn" it for myself to finally get playing with a NeoGeo. (so the main reason I joined was for the tech support forum - already got some good links from members, thx)

As I don't own a cab, and I'm more of a player than a collector I got myself a japanese cart of Samurai Spirits II to start.
I have a soft spot for Windjammers and World Heroes 2 Jet (didn't like "Perfect" that much) - so this will possibly be my only additional purchases until I get my CMVS going.
(If my progress with the CMVS is very slow I might have to dry my manly tears with a NGPC though)

Thx for having me here
regards

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Welcome! I'm sure you'll love it here. Plus, you like whiskey, that will stand you in good stead!

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Welcome to the forum, EGM was where i first found out about the NeoGeo also back in the day it was my favorite magazine it was always the thickest and had the catalog in the back where you can buy stuff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hello to the forum,
when the NeoGeo was released I learned about the games in EGM - but in Austria I didn't ever see a shop who even sold the console (I saw one once in the UK on Holidays).

Apart from the fact that no one offered it over here, I also would not have been able to afford it - so I did bide my time with the usual suspects like SNES and MegaDrive aka Genesis.

When the "jump to the 3rd dimension" was introduced I got hold of a PS1, but to be honest I'm under the strong impression that 2Ds are enough. (except VR that is)

I haven't got much experience in working with electronics yet - but at least I managed to build my own controller with sanwa parts and according pad hacks to hook up the thing to my Dreamcast and XBox360 (which I own to play arcade rereleases like SF III 3rd Strike).

Not having enough room for a cab in my flat I'm going to try building a CMVS. Buying the thing is not an option for me atm - not because they don't look good - but because I feel I have to "earn" it for myself to finally get playing with a NeoGeo. (so the main reason I joined was for the tech support forum - already got some good links from members, thx)

As I don't own a cab, and I'm more of a player than a collector I got myself a japanese cart of Samurai Spirits II to start.
I have a soft spot for Windjammers and World Heroes 2 Jet (didn't like "Perfect" that much) - so this will possibly be my only additional purchases until I get my CMVS going.
(If my progress with the CMVS is very slow I might have to dry my manly tears with a NGPC though)

Thx for having me here
regards

Welcome and I like your plan of action! :)

Hans Grösse

Banned
Welcome, a MVS Cab or a CMVS is the way to go for starters. AES is getting very expensive.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Enough pleasantries. Donate teh Pulstar or be gone.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
all the best to you berry. Regardless of how the CMVS turns out (and I'm pretty sure you can do it), you should check out the NGPC, it's so damn cool.

Enough pleasantries. Donate teh Pulstar or be gone.
Wait, what - panda has minions now? Need to watch out...

VaNDAL_UK

n00b
Hi,

I'm currently building ANOTHER 2 Slot CMVS to be up for sale soon as it's complete. Shoot me a pm if you need help or what to buy it?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Thank you - but as stated I want to try building it myself - I'll gladly take your offer on the help though if the need arises