Record collecting

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Do the drive at night if you can, avoid sunlight and you should be fine on the warping issue.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Do the drive at night if you can, avoid sunlight and you should be fine on the warping issue.

Depends if there's a big temperature difference between SF and LA and if he's going to have climate control in his new place. I hear that humidity isn't much of an issue though. Make sure you get a metal flight case and not a wood one.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Main thing is avoiding quick temp changes. Gradual isn't too bad. And yeah, climate control at the new place would be a good call.

I've had to transport crates of pretty valuable records to gigs in pretty much all types of weather. I only worry if it's hot out, cold has never been an issue.

Warping is caused by one side of a record heating/cooling faster than the other side. This is why direct sunlight warps them nearly instantly.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
JurassicParkMcCarthy1new.jpg

Son of a bitch, I want! The amber is sold out, and the dilo color is only a random insert amongst black. $35 fuggin bucks.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
View attachment 15466

Son of a bitch, I want! The amber is sold out, and the dilo color is only a random insert amongst black. $35 fuggin bucks.

Eh, it's Mondo those will failip and be all over ebay for cost or less in a month or two.

Got DJ Krush- Kakusei (clear) the other day. So nice.

Also I have read several places that the recent Akira OST re-release that's been popping up is a bootleg and not avery good one at that.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Eh, it's Mondo those will failip and be all over ebay for cost or less in a month or two.

Got DJ Krush- Kakusei (clear) the other day. So nice.

Also I have read several places that the recent Akira OST re-release that's been popping up is a bootleg and not avery good one at that.

Dats cool by me.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
heh anyone on discogs? Ive got almost all my records cataloged. still looking for a few more tho.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Yeah, I use discogs a lot. The majority of my stuff is cataloged on there, but I have a few hundred that aren't.

It was a while ago but a few posts back I talked about moving a collection at night, which is exactly what I had to do recently. All this plus 2 more crates in the front seat lol.

records2.jpg

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
+1 for Discogs. Super useful to keep track of all yr stuff (though I'm slacking on keeping it updated)

nice crates too btw. skate

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I just got one of the ikea shelves, it holds my whole collection. Much nicer than having crates everywhere, though, it's easier to flip through the records when they're crated. Eventually though, space had to win over convenience. This ones not mine but it's the same one:

Spoiler:
20091004001.jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
damn that does look nice. i'll have to swing by an ikea.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I have about a quarter of my collection up on discogs under squirrelly_aardvark. The only thing that is up to date on it are new purchased from Discogs or online purchases from various labels or stores. I'm terrible about updating my local finds and still have around 600-800 early 00's House, Techno and progressive to sort through and post up which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Someone picked up a clear blue The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me at the recent Brand New show in Queens. Pretty happy, though I still need Deja Entendu so hard.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got these today:
yvPy63t.jpg

Even on vinyl Californication is fucking loud.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Someone picked up a clear blue The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me at the recent Brand New show in Queens. Pretty happy, though I still need Deja Entendu so hard.

Deja is supposed to get a repress this year I think.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Only wax I have is Chemical Bros. Loops of Fury and The Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up.

O yea, I also have Silversun Pickups Swoon.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
when was that

btw those ikea shelves at great for your record collection

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Awesome, my Outrun has a nice fat white scratch in it right out of the shrink wrap. Back to amazon it goes...

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
nice OST collection terry330, looks like u got the good Death Waltz stuff covered.
I also got that Studio Ghibli Collection on blue vinyl..