Record collecting

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GameSpot: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night's Soundtrack Is Being Released On Vinyl.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/castlevania-symphony-of-the-nights-soundtrack-is-b/1100-6462689/

Mondo, the company that produces high-quality, limited edition posters, collectibles, apparels, and more, is bring the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night soundtrack to vinyl. The 2XLP will be available on October 24 and is being released in partnership with Castlevania developer and publisher Konami.

The soundtrack will be available on three different colorways: 2x 180 Gram Black, Gold, and Bone. The bone version is limited to 1,000 copies. It's also available in Gram Bone or Silver Swirl with a white splatter, or a Gram Translucent Red colored vinyl, which will be available at record stores. The Black, Gold, and Bone (limited), and Bone/Silver Swirl with white splatter, meanwhile, will be available at MondoTees.com. Each of these vinyls will be priced at $35 and you can see images of them below.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Where's Rondo?

Why did it take so f'in long for this release?

Will we see Bloodlines?

I think I'll skip this one.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Where's Rondo?

Why did it take so f'in long for this release?

Will we see Bloodlines?

I think I'll skip this one.

Rondo was apparently released a bit back as a one time pressing. They showed a version of it on their Instagram page but no news of a repress

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rondo was apparently released a bit back as a one time pressing. They showed a version of it on their Instagram page but no news of a repress

They did a small pressing for SDCC. Glad it’s finally coming out for the rest of us bums to buy.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
"Originally released for the Playstation 2, Symphony of the Night is considered one of the most essential video games of all time, and one of the parents of the genre now known as the 'Metroidvania,'"

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
"Originally released for the Playstation 2, Symphony of the Night is considered one of the most essential video games of all time, and one of the parents of the genre now known as the 'Metroidvania,'"

LOLZ.

A PS2 2D Castlevania would have been awesome considering the quality of games that came out during that era. Fuck you, Konami!

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Recently moved to a new place with a significant amount of shelf space for organizing my vinyl. (1000+)

How do y’all keep yours ordered? Random? Genre? Alphabetical? Autobiographical?

I used to roll roughly by genre, but I have recently been thinking alphabetically would be better long term to actually find shit.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Recently moved to a new place with a significant amount of shelf space for organizing my vinyl. (1000+)

I used to roll roughly by genre, but I have recently been thinking alphabetically would be better long term to actually find shit.

I do artist alphabetical, then release order within that artist.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I sort genre still, then by artist. I have to at least keep genre separate for DJing with singles.

full albums can go alpha by artist, that doesn't bug me too much.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

It really depends on your collection and interests.

Mine are alphabetical by Genre. I use first letter of the artist's name (minus any initial articles such as The/A) rather than using an artist's last name. I also will put solo works with a band (such as putting a Jerry Garica album wit the dead).

I try to keep the Genre categories as wide as possible.
My current genre categories are:
Metal
Hard Rock
Country
Rock
Not Rock-Misc (includes Spoken Word, Comedy, R&B/Soul, Electronic, Jazz, Non-Rock soundtracks, Reggae)
Folk
Punk
Rap

I also arrange the "Not Rock-Misc" section so that each sub-genre (such as Comedy or Reggae) are together.

I could combine Hard Rock and Metal but I'm too much of a purist. It gives me the most headaches as to what goes where. Maybe I'll combine them someday.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
For genre folks, is it because you find it easier to think “I want to listen to rock” and then browse?

That’s what I’m thinking right now. (Fuck this is going to be an endeavor to organize this many LPs!)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Totally passed on Rondo. I guess I'll get a reprint. I have more important matters to attend to and may be having a fire sale soon. I'll post my discogs selling list when I get to it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Missed out on rondo, but I snagged a SotN so that's a win

Rondo and Sotn are still available. Picked up both. Don't buy every game soundtrack that comes out but loved the music in both of these games so why not.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I preordered it because I happened to stumble onto a link on my dealer's facebook page.

I try to get stuff through him because he's helped me out with some stuff. Plus he used to drop hundreds and hundreds of dollars in my garage/basement.

Dead man probably is/was my #1 "Geeze, I hope the re-release this record" pick. I'd guess that I'll have to find a new #1. Probably Mavis Staple's 7" theme to Christmas Vacation (no way I'm going to drop $100+ to put something in a jukebox).

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I believe Record Store Day is this Saturday. I'd like a copy of that new Squeezing Out Sparks Acoustic by Graham Parker.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I believe Record Store Day is this Saturday. I'd like a copy of that new Squeezing Out Sparks Acoustic by Graham Parker.

My shop isn't getting the "Baby Shark" 7" so I'm out unless I happen to be near a shop on that day. Might pick up the Green Jello LP or The Crow Soundtrack. Maybe office space (if they have it).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
for you whom want a nice original pressing run of Pet sounds for less than $20.00

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4240183?ev=rb

The set came out in 1967 during the original pressing run of Pet Sounds and it appears (from the listed and my own runouts) that they just filled it from the currently running stock. Sure, you don't get the Pet Sounds cover and the label is different. BUT THE VINYL IS THE SAME.

I just paid $10 for my copy.