Record collecting

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Have a carbon fiber brush but it's not doing the trick on some of them. Also have an onzow for the stylus.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
You guys need a record cleaner. I bought one off eBay from a guy that 3D printed it. It's so f'in handy for those bargain crate digging sessions I have.

https://youtu.be/QbphnT1d-ys

He sells on eBay. It's a great cost effective solution to those of us who don't want to spring for an okki nokki

Also, are those snatcher LPs limited? I don't plan to buy one for a while. Passed on contra 3. Why not release 1 and super c with the same treatment as the castlevania releases?

Edit: I have no experience with this, but it's the cheapest QUALITY consumer product:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/mobile/prodinfo.asp?number=RDV

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I saw that at needle Doctor, the thing that makes me question it is it vacuums from the bottom side of the record while everything else does from the top side. I dunno

You're not gonna win cheaply here unless you go the route I did or snipe an Okki Nokki on eBay.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You're not gonna win cheaply here unless you go the route I did or snipe an Okki Nokki on eBay.

+1, I started w/a Spin Clean and moved up to an Okki Nokki when someone on a forum was moving one for half off. I couldn't bring myself to spend money on the half-assed and DIY solutions that are out there.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only thing that will remove mildew roots is wood glue.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only thing that will remove mildew roots is wood glue.

I've heard that from multiple people and have seen and heard the results but it's a fucking mess and smells like a diaper full of indian food in a dumpster.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've heard that from multiple people and have seen and heard the results but it's a fucking mess and smells like a diaper full of indian food in a dumpster.

It isn't that bad when you get used to it.

I use an old 4 speed turntable to do it though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
hey, you guys should follow me on instagram: roker

I post record covers and video games and shit on there.

I'm listening to Good, Bad, and Ugly this morning:

78hOmKT.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is it colored?

I often buy taiwan discs just for the colored vinyl.

Anyways, I'm a poor man and only have the montenegró recording of "good bad ugly".

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It used to be really common to release arrangements of music from films.

Hugo Montenegro, Ferrante and Teicher had their own following.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
What's the best way to clean a vinyl record? I'm having mixed results with my spinclean & really want to save my Beach Boys albums from popping & clicking hell.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
What's the best way to clean a vinyl record? I'm having mixed results with my spinclean & really want to save my Beach Boys albums from popping & clicking hell.

Scroll up we just talked about this.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Right now, I've got 5 records drying with a layer of wood glue on them.

They look pristine, but have lots of pops.

One is a first pressing first label of Miles Davis All Stars ‎– Walkin'. The difference between VG and VG+ on that one is $100.00.