Record collecting

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Really the only thing I can think of is to call around and see if any stores have one of those big pro disc washer machines they'll let you use.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Thank you, Imma have to grab that

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
was really nice that the dubmood album came with free digital download. no need to be impatient waiting on the vinyl to come when i can crank the tunes on the stereo right now. which btw, my entire house sounds like i am inside a commodore 64/ gameboy hybrid right now. if my nuts didnt hurt from the vasectomy i might try an ultra jump or something. lol

Kiel

20 Year Member
I really like bandcamp purchases for that. Gimme that lossless!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
was really nice that the dubmood album came with free digital download. no need to be impatient waiting on the vinyl to come when i can crank the tunes on the stereo right now. which btw, my entire house sounds like i am inside a commodore 64/ gameboy hybrid right now. if my nuts didnt hurt from the vasectomy i might try an ultra jump or something. lol

Yeah, I've uploaded this on my ipod and plugged it on the radio at my job. Needless to say, I got some priceless reactions :keke:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you see Garth Brooks LP's, buy them. They were only available to record club members.

I recently bought his first 3 albums for $3 ea (one still sealed).
6 days later, I sold them for $125 cash.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Mid 90s was a dead time for record sales, so anything reasonably popular from that time is going to be expensive as fuck. First Counting Crows album is like $100+.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just got my SOR Vinyl in the mail today, Very well done. Sounds great and comes with some art work and trading cards.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I dunno if you guys saw, but Discogs is releasing their own iOS/Android app. Sounds pretty good compared to the barebones CrateDigger app that I use now.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I dunno if you guys saw, but Discogs is releasing their own iOS/Android app. Sounds pretty good compared to the barebones CrateDigger app that I use now.

That's awesome. I've been waiting years for a good app. You just made my day. Any ETA?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
That's awesome. I've been waiting years for a good app. You just made my day. Any ETA?

I hate to keep posting engadget links in this thread, but apparently that is where I get 99% of my news from:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/22/discogs-finally-has-a-mobile-app/

"The iOS app is in closed beta starting tomorrow...[t]he site hopes to officially launch it early next year and is leaning pretty heavily on its community for feature requests and the like...head over to discogs.com/app tomorrow to sign up."

Edit: Beta is now open and I just signed up: http://www.discogs.com/app

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Got that Dubmood album today. Showed up damn fast from France. Packaging all around is pretty flimsy, surprised it didn't get destroyed in transit but the record itself seems OK.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Got that Dubmood album today. Showed up damn fast from France. Packaging all around is pretty flimsy, surprised it didn't get destroyed in transit but the record itself seems OK.

I got mine a day or 2 ago. Pretty standard packaging as far as sending records over the pond unfortunately. I order a lot of records from Europe... that shit gets expensive fast as hell if you package them like we do in the states. Sometimes the sellers don't even put in a cardboard support. My record was OK, sleeve got dinged a little bit though. Good quality pressing at least.

Kiel

20 Year Member
I got mine a day or 2 ago. Pretty standard packaging as far as sending records over the pond unfortunately. I order a lot of records from Europe... that shit gets expensive fast as hell if you package them like we do in the states. Sometimes the sellers don't even put in a cardboard support. My record was OK, sleeve got dinged a little bit though. Good quality pressing at least.

Did you guys get the priority shipping? I did and mine hasn't showed up yet.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So does the glue trick really remove dust that is stuck in the cracks?

I just picked up a nice special UK pressing (Porky/Pecko Duck, for mary) of Houses of the Holy.

Lots of pops on this one. Would like to get them gone.