Are these legit?

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Mad slow down in X while I was playing my MVS today! :/

EDIT: (just like every other day then!)

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
3 left now, I just bought one...figured I may not have another chance to buy a NOS kit for $73.00 shipped ever again...

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Bought one from them. The pcbs match that of mvs scans.

Ditto here. I was a little skeptical when I first got it, but the pcb's did match up to MVS scans, and it worked just fine. Looked like the cart had only been used a couple of times, it was very clean (almost looked new), and the kit was complete.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Is this one legit? Hard to find it on MVS so thinking of going the home cart route

An MVS one was just up for sale in the zelda forum for $130. They seem to go for around $125-$150 when they pop up...I see mabye only 3 a year getting sold...

jessiewonka

New Challenger
With so many MVS carts for sale on eBay with no pics of the boards, I assume most people would steer clear, even when the seller has 100% pos feedback? The eBay feedback seems irrelevant if the majority of their sales are non-Neo Geo goods.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That's why you read the feedback instead of just looking at the percentage, which isn't a very good indicator because it only accounts for the most recent 12 months.

Last edited:

gaymer

n00b
back to the OP question...if you collect NG, dont you have $55 to burn and find out?

dbarrett0928

Banned
I was wonderingabout this seller and his carts myself and I planned on posting about it. Glad you guys keep a good look out.

jessiewonka

New Challenger
Arrived this morning, all seems to match the scans and looks legit to me (complete with "made in Korea"). The first time I've ever touched a brand new cart. I guess they never made an official MM for 4?

I assume it's simply $50 because nobody really wants 4. I played it until the sweet old homeless man drove me away on a motorcycle -- not bad!

Metal-Slug-4-1.jpgMetal-Slug-4-2.jpgMetal-Slug-4-cart.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Just got mine, looks exactly the same as those pictures. Label looks fake to me, like it was printed on really cheap paper, not sure if that's how they really were though.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
jessiewonka, that's a real Metal Slug 4. It's supposed to look cheap like that. At the time SNK had effectively halted operations due to Aruze, development and publishing of titles was handled by other companies, including Brezzasoft and Playmore, until the formation of SNK Playmore when Playmore finally obtained all of SNK Corporation's assets from Aruze.

jessiewonka

New Challenger
jessiewonka, that's a real Metal Slug 4. It's supposed to look cheap like that. At the time SNK had effectively halted operations due to Aruze, development and publishing of titles was handled by other companies, including Brezzasoft and Playmore, until the formation of SNK Playmore when Playmore finally obtained all of SNK Corporation's assets from Aruze.

Mmm, it definitely has that Aruze odor.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Legit label.

And looks nicer than mine.

In general, Japanese have no love for Korean games--except KOF 2k2 and (one other I can't think of atm).