Reprogrammed Irritating Maze MVS COMING SOON

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
it's not a problem of CD or cartridge version
The probleme is the track ball

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I have to say I am continually dumbfounded by continental Europeans seemingly insatiable appetite for bootlegs and paying top dollar for crap that is worthless... it's almost as if they crave this stuff, and by somehow owning it makes them superior to the rest of the community!

I almost want to congratulate NGF for taking advantage of these cash rich fools, because putting away the ethics of it all for one moment, what they are doing is actually very clever.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Yet I'd like to emphasize the fact that as long as a boot is being produced, advertised and sold for what it is, buying that may be nonsensical in the eyes of many, yet it's nothing like a scam.

Biggest (and dumbest, one may say) Neo scam -namely the Aero Fighter 3 and Power Spikes II fiasco- came from the U.S. iirc. Along with the lowest drama ever, isn't it?

Same goes with the whole NGF-USA businness, for its shady parts.

I suggest educated persons to clearly distinguish facts from personal opinions, as it always should be. :-)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
So, does anyone else think this game is absolute garbage regardless of the controls. If I find an IM kit sitting on my porch when I get home from work, I'm certain I would just kick it to the curb without any hesitation. I can't see myself wasting 5 minutes playing this shitty game.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yet I'd like to emphasize the fact that as long as a boot is being produced, advertised and sold for what it is, buying that may be nonsensical in the eyes of many, yet it's nothing like a scam.

Biggest (and dumbest, one may say) Neo scam -namely the Aero Fighter 3 and Power Spikes II fiasco- came from the U.S. iirc. Along with the lowest drama ever, isn't it?

Same goes with the whole NGF-USA businness, for its shady parts.

I suggest educated persons to clearly distinguish facts from personal opinions, as it always should be. :-)

Because NGF has a high level of trust from people over the years. They've been nothing but honest and reputable in every single dealing they've done. I mean those are facts about this also...... right?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So, does anyone else think this game is absolute garbage regardless of the controls. If I find an IM kit sitting on my porch when I get home from work, I'm certain I would just kick it to the curb without any hesitation. I can't see myself wasting 5 minutes playing this shitty game.

If you load up the ROM in MAME or something, it actually looks pretty cool. Nice colorful graphics, decent music. It's pretty much unplayable with a stick, even using the UNI. The controls are just all wrong. I sat down and played it with a trackball through MAME and it actually does control halfway decent, but it's... It's called Irritating Maze for a reason. After five minutes, no matter how you're playing it, you're going to want to punch the screen.

pipes

It's called Irritating Maze for a reason. After five minutes, no matter how you're playing it, you're going to want to punch the screen.

If a game can't induce pure rage and thoughts of suicide, then it's just not worth playing IMO.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

Well, that is very well true. But the scam came to fruition partially due to European demand (Brandi, Chamane/pipi etc.). I mean, they allegedly paid up to double the amount of what some of the others in the US paid. I think Tarma's point was the fact that there continues to be an insatiable appetite or demand in Europe for anything "exclusive" wether it be a rare legit title or a boot/conversion. Where there is demand, lies opportunity.

/ferengi rules of acquisition lesson.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Biggest scam? No, Totc was the biggest scam since it affected way more people. What is it like 200 vs 6 people?

pipes

Biggest scam? No, Totc was the biggest scam since it affected way more people. What is it like 200 vs 6 people?

I think the money involved makes it so.....plus all the lies and deceit....it's not even close.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think the money involved makes it so.....plus all the lies and deceit....it's not even close.

It's almost the same amount of money, same amount of lies and deceit. People call the AF3 one bigger only because they think more money was involved but not by much. I consider the totc one bigger since it affected more people and misled them to believe what they were buying was real. Which is why I say 200 vs 6.

Last edited:

pipes

It's almost the same amount of money, same amount of lies and deceit. People call the AF3 one bigger only because they think more money was involved but not by much. I consider the totc one bigger since it affected more people and misled them to believe what they were buying was real. Which is why I say 200 vs 6.

I doubt you had to meet a middle man at the airport to buy a copy of Totc though.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

The dedicated IM machine is pretty awesome.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
The dedicated IM machine is pretty awesome.

+1

Played it at CAX 2 years ago. When you hit the rails, you get blasted in the face with a jet of air. Now that's irritating! :very_ang::very_ang::very_ang:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
+1

Played it at CAX 2 years ago. When you hit the rails, you get blasted in the face with a jet of air. Now that's irritating! :very_ang::very_ang::very_ang:

Yup, it was there last year too. Way in the back corner... and it was irritating, didn't spend much time with it. ;)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Can we dump this shit into the war room already? I knew this bullshit would be figured out soon enough. Stephano, You're a god damned idiot.

Can´t we turn this from blaming stefano and calling him idiot to supporting him and blaming the ngf guys for scamming him?

Let´s not blame the victim...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Can´t we turn this from blaming stefano and calling him idiot to supporting him and blaming the ngf guys for scamming him?

Let´s not blame the victim...

There's a difference between blaming an innocent victim and an idiot walking into a situation knowing full well who they're dealing with.

It's like shooting up for years and begging for help when you find out you've got HIV from sharing needles.

A fool and his money are soon parted. in the case of the euro members (chamane in particular), I wonder how the fool got the money in the first place.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
+1

This version actaully blasts you in the face with Dion's load.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Because NGF has a high level of trust from people over the years. They've been nothing but honest and reputable in every single dealing they've done. I mean those are facts about this also...... right?

Not at all. Seems to me, on the total contrary, that NGF-USA constantly had a horrible reputation here. As for Stefano calling NFG as 'great' or something, that' s his opinion of course, nothing like a fact.

I fail so get your sarcasm, given I've yet to defend NGF-USA once.

What I was saying is just: Stefano, whom I'm not defending either, is selling some Italy-made repro boot, right? I think he's advertising the merchandise for what it is, right? So, while one can call stupid many buyer of those, I see no scam whatsoever here.

He reported about his faith in NGF-USA, and that's just his option/expectation/wish/delusion, maybe. Oh well.