Reprogrammed Irritating Maze MVS COMING SOON

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Bump...

Not sure if these were ever made but notice to anyone who has ever bought or made an Irrutating Maze cart what uses the MAME ROMs. The V2 in MAME is bad and has always been bad. Discovered by myself purely by chance and thanks to Brian who had the original cart. The correct ROM is now dumped and submitted to MAME.

This means all the missing ADPCM-B sound FX now play in music etc. Plus the missing ADPCM-A voice announcements are no longer missing (completing course announcement for example). I guess if nothing else the NGL project has produced something for the community :)

That's great news, well it will be if the ROM turns up somewhere on the webs eventually.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
That's great news, well it will be if the ROM turns up somewhere on the webs eventually.

Its out there already I'm sure and the next MAME will support it as the change is reported in the sourse tree.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Thank you Razoola & NTM!

[These were definitely made/sold, Stefano also had them on ebay.]

I guess I missed it somehow as I was looking for the full kit of the game along with a loose cart which I just bought on ebay thanks to a nice guy that seems to have more than one copy! Now It's just a matter of time finding the dumped P1 Rom of the "new" version and putting it in my cart, and it's going to be the same, only with normal masked roms inside for the most part. :D If anyone has the "new" fixed P1 Rom please let me know so I can grab it from you to burn my own version on an eprom. I have the old Joystick P1 rom made for my cart, but having the new one with 2 more buttons added, might be a bit nicer. Not sure if making the ball faster x2 using buttons would make the game any more easy or fun, but at least 2 more buttons are added to the game. :D

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
From my understanding its no different than what the unibios does speed wise though it has an extra button. This is because the unibios method does not need a button pressed for the first speed. I may of course be wrong.

Fakk2

From my understanding its no different than what the unibios does speed wise though it has an extra button. This is because the unibios method does not need a button pressed for the first speed. I may of course be wrong.

Well, it would be nice to just get a hold of this new version and then add the new P1 to the unibios so that it matches perfectly, thus eliminating the NEED for this new version for everyone that wants it so much. Then I would not even require to make a special cart from my MVS cart to have this new Joystick version. My only complaint is that the new buttons seem to make the ball go faster which is insane since the damn game is already so hard to do with a joystick. I am glad that I now have the full kit of the game with the trackball and everything, I just need to set it up in my big red and see just how different it really plays since I never had the chance to play the real game on a dedicated IM cab. Im sure there is a huge difference though as I used to play Marble Madness in the arcade, and then when I got it for the NES it was like a completely different game, all graphics and music aside. The difficulty of using a digital 8 way joystick compared to using a full 360 degree analogue trackball is like night and day.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Is there a joysick version P1 rom out there (in the public domain I mean)?

Fakk2

Is there a joysick version P1 rom out there (in the public domain I mean)?

There has to be, it's just a pain to find. I used to have the rom back in 1999 or so, and I found it on a normal rom site, so it should be there somewhere. I also still have a burned eprom of it in a drawer waiting to be installed into my AES cart of the game, I just never got around to it, so if I gave that eprom to someone to dump, it would be a bit easier to find if I made a link to it, but I doubt that it needs to come to that because that eprom is from the rom I had waaaay back in the day of the "Standard Joystick Edition" made from NGF which you should be able to find if you look hard enough. As for the one just made by Stefano, that might not be dumped yet, but Im sure that someone can just take the old P1 Rom and hack it further to add the same thing to it, I mean its only 2 added buttons that made the ball go faster is the only difference. The old rom of the game that I have just uses two buttons, one to scan the field, and one to make the ball slower, which in the end might be the best way to play it anyway, I mean... if you HAVE to use the Joystick.

It would be nice for someone to make the trackball available on the home system.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I have never played the "joystick" version of the game but I have tried to imagine it in my head and I just can't believe that it would be any fun. I used to play this a lot back in college on one of the dedicated cabs, it NEEDS the trackball. What someone needs to do is make a trackball accessory that plugs into the standard joystick port. If people pay $1,500 for Jockey Gran Prix on home cart that item would be a million times cooler and probably still be profitable.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I believe that NTM has done this already, all the support is in the unibios for trackball and I seem to remember many years back when I added support that NTM did get it working on non mv-1b /1c systems. It was a long long time ago.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well this thread explains the lack of support for us getting the game to work with the NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro.

I asked Raz and he at least responded to me just didn’t really offer support. It was kinda cool getting a response from him though.

Lol