Reprogrammed Irritating Maze MVS COMING SOON

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
You're not kidding, I believe I just read "pedophilic dog rape toy". This is far beyond what I am used to, so I can only watch.

You will become desensitized rather quickly here. In a couple of months you won't even give a second thought to "pedophilic dog rape toy".

So... quick thread summary:

• Stefano is producing a limited run of IM kits
  • Stefano has paid NGF an unknown amount to secure the rights to this game
  • Turns out Stefano has actually paid NGF for a freely available P-ROM
  • Carts are being made by saccing SSK2
  • Stefano is making artsets and a cardboard box

So... SSK2 cart + freely available P-ROM + cardboard box + art = $299

IM original cart + UniBIOS = under $100

Ho ho!

:keke::keke:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It takes a lot of effort to painstakingly stamp NGF on every single sheet of paper in the kit and every single ROM chip in the cart. Half of that sum goes to the hourly wage of whoever is stuck doing it. XD

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
If stefano and dion were not serious on making the worst game into a worst boot copy of the game with a PD Rom.
I would think this was comedy gold, it you take the whole thing at face value this whole thread is a really entertaining.

My grandfather had a saying
if you step in dog shit once don't step in dog shit a second time.

That what I have to say about this Irritating Maze MVS boot.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
This is a bit irritating (no pun intended). I remember back in 1999 when the NeoRAGE came out. I downloaded a fucking ROM of Irritating Maze that was called the Joystick Version that had the P Rom hacked to allow the damn Joystick to be used on the emulator. This was before the UniBios did this for us. So this "New Irritating Maze" is basically doing the same thing. I just WISH I could find that fucking ROM that I used to have and I would have done this myself ages ago using EPRoms. Doesnt anyone have that fucking NeoRAGE Rom anywhere to share with the rest of us?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
This is a bit irritating (no pun intended). I remember back in 1999 when the NeoRAGE came out. I downloaded a fucking ROM of Irritating Maze that was called the Joystick Version that had the P Rom hacked to allow the damn Joystick to be used on the emulator. This was before the UniBios did this for us. So this "New Irritating Maze" is basically doing the same thing. I just WISH I could find that fucking ROM that I used to have and I would have done this myself ages ago using EPRoms. Doesnt anyone have that fucking NeoRAGE Rom anywhere to share with the rest of us?

Is it really worth the time and effort?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
How is this worth anything?

I rather they make a MVS port of Papers Please

It's only worth it when you are playing on the dedicated cabinet. A joystick version is really stupid.

Edit: That guy is using a keyboard....

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It's only worth it when you are playing on the dedicated cabinet. A joystick version is really stupid.

Edit: That guy is using a keyboard....

Even a dedicated cab does not seem like it could save this game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
No matter how this game controls, it's lame compared to the real thing.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
No matter how this game controls, it's lame compared to the real thing.

Atleast we got some context with that game, but the Irritating Maze MVS boot is like Marble Madness for those with ADHD,.... I mean on crack.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Isn't that version on MAME too?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
When is someone going to redump the sound roms for The Irritating Maze anyway, it sounds like shit in MAME compared to the real thing

Not that anyone cares. Or noticed.

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
When is someone going to redump the sound roms for The Irritating Maze anyway, it sounds like shit in MAME compared to the real thing

Not that anyone cares. Or noticed.

my sounds perfectly

stefano

Crazed MVS Addict
The MAME rom sets and Emuparadise are all defective,
Soon, the A button will work correctly.
I'm going crazy to fix it...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Even a dedicated cab does not seem like it could save this game.

Having played the dedicated cab a long time ago, I thought it was pretty fun. Having a trackball and the physical feedback (namely the compressed air jets when you lose) improves the experience a lot.

Definitely not a Top 10 Neo game, but I enjoyed it.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Bump...

Not sure if these were ever made but notice to anyone who has ever bought or made an Irrutating Maze cart what uses the MAME ROMs. The V2 in MAME is bad and has always been bad. Discovered by myself purely by chance and thanks to Brian who had the original cart. The correct ROM is now dumped and submitted to MAME.

This means all the missing ADPCM-B sound FX now play in music etc. Plus the missing ADPCM-A voice announcements are no longer missing (completing course announcement for example). I guess if nothing else the NGL project has produced something for the community :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Thank you Razoola & NTM!

[These were definitely made/sold, Stefano also had them on ebay.]