The Delicious Big Hunk of Shit Console & Greasy Food Thread

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
hmmm.... ive been contemplating buying a rgb modded famicom these past 2 months. i will hold off until i see how this all pans out and at what price point.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
I can't help but think this thing it trying to be unnecessarily pretentious just for sake of being so.

Solid block of aluminum? Come the fuck on. This ain't a $60k McIntosh amp or anything.

Use a quality plastic enclosure and price it at a reasonable price and watch people flock to it like white on rice.

If this thing was $199 I could see some of the NES console modders shitting their shorts. That's of course depending on how good the video is and just how accurate a NES/Famicom it is. Blow either of these two and this thing is dead in the water.

But I am guessing it's gonna be $499 due to the fancy-pants enclosure.

Haha! I know it does seem ridiculous! :) Initially, we didn't think we could do it. But when we received our first prototype in hand...it was just too special. It's relatively small (reference the cartridge sizes to the system size in the image)...it just feels perfectly right. I've never seen anything like it made before. Broken, how about I aim to get a unit in your hands to check out when the time comes? :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think I would be a much better test subject.

:kekekeke:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Haha! I know it does seem ridiculous! :) Initially, we didn't think we could do it. But when we received our first prototype in hand...it was just too special. It's relatively small (reference the cartridge sizes to the system size in the image)...it just feels perfectly right. I've never seen anything like it made before. Broken, how about I aim to get a unit in your hands to check out when the time comes? :)

Sounds like a Steve Jobs keynote. Keep it under $200 and it will probably sell. I hope it turns out well.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'd be more than happy to send some units to neo members to check out when the time comes.

Also I thought I'd mention - your Mcintosh amp reference is a good analogy because it has truth to it. We engineered the Nt from the perspective of engineering an amplifier or a piece of Hi-Fi equipment. From the design to the componentry. Seriously, I cannot wait for you guys to see inside. I will absolutely be getting some pictures of the PCB up. It's beautiful.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Broken, how about I aim to get a unit in your hands to check out when the time comes? :)

If you are serious about this, I will gladly check it out and report back to the community my thoughts.

Be warned, I won't candy coat my findings. I call it as I see it.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I would be very interested to see what the internals look like

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I still want to know if the PPU and or CPU holocaust of 2014 will begin soon or if all the legit hardware is safe in its bed at night.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
As I always say, it's good to see new products in the hobby. If the price is too high they will just sit there and AI will have to meet the market if they (well Chris) wants to move them.

Chris has always been good to deal with and makes nice products. Give him a break.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I guess it's going to have to wait until customer reviews to see a compatibility list.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Well, interestingly enough - as a kid I never personally owned an NES. I grew up with Sega too. The Genesis and then a 32x were the first systems I actually owned as a kid. I still got to play with friends and such (contra, zelda etc), but I never had the opportunity to explore the entire library or spend a massive amount of time with it. Obviously at this point I've owned everything, but there are so many cool games for NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System... Also it's pretty easy to play a Genesis in good quality, but NES/Famicom/FDS - in my opinion, it's a pain and there aren't any really good solutions.

This latest project looks stunning and I am sure it will perform as well as it looks, just like the CMVS.
All the best mate, I am sure they will be popular.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Good stuff Chris. But I gotta say, as a Sega fanboy, what were the factors in choosing Nintendo over Sega for this type of project?
Australia :emb:

Seriously though, outside of Europe & Australia, the NES was the dominating force in the 8-bit console era in NA. It was obviously very popular in Japan too, but shared the market with the PCE (so I believe?).

But, outside of Europe and Australia, no one - in the grand scheme of things - really gave a fuck about the Mastersystem... or its sound chip.

(FYI: Sega have never had a truly successful console outside of the Megadrive/Genesis)

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I still want to know if the PPU and or CPU holocaust of 2014 will begin soon or if all the legit hardware is safe in its bed at night.

I would like to know as well. This will be a deal maker or killer for many people

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Australia :emb:

Seriously though, outside of Europe & Australia, the NES was the dominating force in the 8-bit console era in NA. It was obviously very popular in Japan too, but shared the market with the PCE (so I believe?).

But, outside of Europe and Australia, no one - in the grand scheme of things - really gave a fuck about the Mastersystem... or its sound chip.

(FYI: Sega have never had a truly successful console outside of the Megadrive/Genesis)

What about Brazil? massive Master system following, I would take a Master system any day of the week compared to the Nes

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Will there eventually be a Black Label version made out of a solid block of platinum?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Can I get one with flame decals for a nominal fee?

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
If you are serious about this, I will gladly check it out and report back to the community my thoughts.

Be warned, I won't candy coat my findings. I call it as I see it.

Sounds good! I just received a ton of PM's with people interested in demoing a unit. I've put together a list and I'll be in touch when the time comes. Thanks for everybody's interest! It's possible that I can get a beta unit out earlier too. I'll see what I can do.

As I always say, it's good to see new products in the hobby. If the price is too high they will just sit there and AI will have to meet the market if they (well Chris) wants to move them.

Chris has always been good to deal with and makes nice products. Give him a break.

This latest project looks stunning and I am sure it will perform as well as it looks, just like the CMVS.
All the best mate, I am sure they will be popular.

Thanks guys!

Will there eventually be a Black Label version made out of a solid block of platinum?

Black Label Platinum and Gold editions

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sounds good! I just received a ton of PM's with people interested in demoing a unit. I've put together a list and I'll be in touch when the time comes. Thanks for everybody's interest! It's possible that I can get a beta unit out earlier too. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks guys!

Black Label Platinum and Gold editions

Wouldn't it make more sense to do a color like the original Famicom so the FDS would look good with it? Silver and Red? Eh...

meh_zpsedc78155.png

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
This system wont be bastardizing any actual NES/Famicom systems for things like PPU's and CPU's will it?

Christoph, can you at least answer this question? I'm not saying to post what's exactly inside right now, since you're revealing that later. But a simple "yes it will", or "no it won't" would suffice.

Seems very fishy that you're avoiding this.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
It's not like there aren't 50 million Nintendos kicking around....

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
It's not like there aren't 50 million Nintendos kicking around....
Point being, I'd hate to hear that he's pulling PPU's and CPU's (while trashing the rest) when there are modern alternatives that don't need to completely sacrifice the original units.

Last edited: