The Delicious Big Hunk of Shit Console & Greasy Food Thread

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@Skips we'll have all the details at the end of the month - can't wait to show everyone a peak inside the system... :D

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
You never know...:D

@broken hahaha! It will be cheaper than our CMVS. The price will be very reasonable, don't worry.

Definitely no blurring or color issues

**post edited because Cristoph posted at the same time.**

Well hopefully its new manufactured parts because harvesting them from actual systems is just as shitty as bootleggers axing mvs and aes carts for their stuff. Systems might not be super expensive now but they will be if people start killing the official ones for stuff like this.

Last edited:

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Mmmm delicious, count me in :drool:

Hey Chris, is pricing coming before end of month or do we have to wait for that too?

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Mmmm delicious, count me in :drool:

Hey Chris, is pricing coming before end of month or do we have to wait for that too?

Yep, at the end of the month I'll have all final details.

Starting price: $648.00

haha, no I promise it is priced lower (not marginally) than our NEOGEOs. Our CMVS is hand crafted out of solid wood...so it's inherently very costly to produce.

Will there be an 8 week turnaround time on this like the cmvs?

Nope, since it is not a handcrafted item, there will not be a lead time!

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Good stuff Chris. But I gotta say, as a Sega fanboy, what were the factors in choosing Nintendo over Sega for this type of project?

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Good stuff Chris. But I gotta say, as a Sega fanboy, what were the factors in choosing Nintendo over Sega for this type of project?

Well, interestingly enough - as a kid I never personally owned an NES. I grew up with Sega too. The Genesis and then a 32x were the first systems I actually owned as a kid. I still got to play with friends and such (contra, zelda etc), but I never had the opportunity to explore the entire library or spend a massive amount of time with it. Obviously at this point I've owned everything, but there are so many cool games for NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System... Also it's pretty easy to play a Genesis in good quality, but NES/Famicom/FDS - in my opinion, it's a pain and there aren't any really good solutions.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Looks interesting, Chris. This explains a lot of the things you were experimenting with this past year.

Looking forward to more pics and pricepoint.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Looks interesting, Chris. This explains a lot of the things you were experimenting with this past year.

Looking forward to more pics and pricepoint.

Thanks Mike! Yeah I figured you would've guessed hehe :)

So does this actually have an FDS drive or do you mean that it'll work with the FDS's RAM adapter?

It is compatible with the original FDS system

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
:snack:

I can understand the niche that you guys fill with the CMVS, but this one I'm not so sure about. At the end of the day, you don't provide any more functionality than any other RGB-modded NES coupled with a HoneyBee converter. And I don't see how you are building emulation-free systems without sacrificing original hardware, which seems like an unnecessary extra step. You could just as easily RGB-mod NES toasters and add Famicom slots on top.

The appearance of the NES is part of it's identity, so aside from twenty-something hipsters I'm not sure who would want to buy this. But hopefully I'm wrong (I guess).

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
@Jibbajaba I completely understand any reservations! We don't have all the details and features out just yet - bear with me till the end of the month and I can promise you that the differences and features will be dramatic and clear.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
So realistically is the price on par with a RGB modded top loader and a honey bee converter? If not, im with Jibbajaba on this one as I dont see any benefits or a market for it . But with that said im interested in it nonetheless, so 18 days and counting!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I am interested in this.

I am not, however, interested in spending a shitload of money on this. Keep the price reasonable and I'm in.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Time to spam all the tech sites folks http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/12/nintendo-entertainment-system-mod-aluminum-analogue-interactive/

Haha time to get your wooden single block rgb aluminum non-emulated NES/Fami: https://twitter.com/Analogueint/statuses/443831827409559552

I am just having to much fun with this. Sorry christoph, it might be really cool but I find all this really fucking funny: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-much-would-you-pay-for-a-high-end-aluminum-nes/1100-6418269/

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I can't help but think this thing it trying to be unnecessarily pretentious just for sake of being so.

Solid block of aluminum? Come the fuck on. This ain't a $60k McIntosh amp or anything.

Use a quality plastic enclosure and price it at a reasonable price and watch people flock to it like white on rice.

If this thing was $199 I could see some of the NES console modders shitting their shorts. That's of course depending on how good the video is and just how accurate a NES/Famicom it is. Blow either of these two and this thing is dead in the water.

But I am guessing it's gonna be $499 due to the fancy-pants enclosure.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Y'know, I'm beginning to notice it bears somewhat of a resemblance to the FPGA-based NES/Famicom clone bunnyboy was working on. Granted, bunnyboy's system will only output HDMI but I can't help but wonder.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just a coincidence that this is being fully unveiled right around April Fool's Day? I'm just not buying it. A NES clone milled out of a solid block of aluminum? Come on...

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Ouch....the price is a little high. But it does look nice.

P.S. - I only clicked on this thread because Hi-Fi. was in the title.

P.S.S
Solid block of aluminum? Come the fuck on. This ain't a $60k McIntosh amp or anything.
:emb::emb::emb::emb::emb:

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Y'know, I'm beginning to notice it bears somewhat of a resemblance to the FPGA-based NES/Famicom clone bunnyboy was working on. Granted, bunnyboy's system will only output HDMI but I can't help but wonder.

Many of us think it's Super 8 based.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I was kinda thinking that too, I haven't heard anything about the Super 8 in a while.

Maybe that's because they partnered up with Christoph. Or perhaps he just bought the rights to it.