Raleigh: Fighting Tournament at Mugi's

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Like the ones at 1:55.

Dig the wolf howl in the beginning.

The wolf howl opening was actually an accident. I wasn't sure how I was able to make the logo grow and then disappear. It was a total accident but it looked cool. I do know how to reproduce it now. lol.

The flaming/flashing letters that I used was something I'm kinda proud of because I taught myself how to do it without reading anything or looking on youtube like I have done a lot. It's a good feeling when you begin to use a software enough that you can do certain effects just because you know how the program likes to do things. My next Walsdawg splash screen will probably use that effect somehow. I like it. The fact that Sony Vegas will load .psd files is a really awesome feature.

When I was using Windows Movie Maker it was ok for me and the first time I loaded up Vegas I was like "Holy Shit this is complicated." But a few tutorials later and I'm making much better movies. I have to thank my online friend Bex for giving me pointers on what to use to make better videos. She is a very nice person. She has a mostly gaming channel on Youtube. You guys should check her out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwncAKXf9fQTQ4Dt4if0BEQ

PS...she's hot.

Dion

Vegas rocks.

Yep. I guess most movie houses use Adobe Premier but I like being able to watch a preview without having to render the entire movie every time. I paid full price for Vegas and Photoshop Elements. It is not cheap but it is some of the best money I have ever spent on software. Great software. No Warez for the important stuff.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Are any NC meetups still happening? I would be very interested if so, I'm in the Durham area.

Dion

Are any NC meetups still happening? I would be very interested if so, I'm in the Durham area.

Good question. It's hard to get everyone together but if we plan ahead we can make one work.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Good question. It's hard to get everyone together but if we plan ahead we can make one work.

If there is anything I can do I would be more than happy to contribute. I'm newer to the area and would love to meet some like minds and get my ass handed to me in Street Fighter.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

The Tourney in May was really fun (thx again for bringing all those boards mits!) But I'm afraid I don't have anything planned for the rest of the year. My hope is to get all the Carolina peeps together at least once a year, there aren't too many of us but it's tough since we are all spread out :(

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
When I move down there, y'all better be willing to meat up.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
All jokes aside, I plan on having a Panda Island meat once a year and try to host smaller Carolina meats through the year. Let me know when you are moving.

Nice.

We are coming down in the next couple weeks to check out the RTP area.

If all goes to plan, hopefully looking to move, maybe, before the end of the year.

Depending on some different circumstances.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Nice.

We are coming down in the next couple weeks to check out the RTP area.

If all goes to plan, hopefully looking to move, maybe, before the end of the year.

Depending on some different circumstances.

RTP huh, you in the IT field as well?

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Kinda late to the party but I'm in Greensboro and was wondering if there are any meets soon?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Kinda late to the party but I'm in Greensboro and was wondering if there are any meets soon?

nothing at my place anytime soon I'm afraid, next thing'll hopefully be at Kidpanda's :)

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
On an unrelated note, if anyone is in the Greensboro area ever, there is a cool store called Lost Ark that buys and trades games including: Turbo/PCE, MVS/AES, famicom, etc.

But not only that, they have a full Retro arcade in the building as well. I've seen TMNT arcade, a neo cab, golden axe, 6 astro cabs and more lately.

I do not work for them I just like to support the local guys.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
there is a cool store called Lost Ark
I'm not sure if we've met but I like your style. ;)

My name is Daniel. I'm the owner of Lost Ark Video Games. I've been absent from the forums since I quit my job to open the store. I've wanted to chime in for a while but I've been busy with one thing or another and haven't been able to attend any sort of meet-up in a long time.
I just saw this and figured I should say something. When I was following the forums actively (2008-2010~), there didn't seem to be many people in NC active here, but it seems like that's changed. Maybe everyone was here and we just missed each other.

I would love to host a Neo meet-up. I've been working at growing the store into something I could be proud of and that 90's arcade heads could appreciate. I've come a long way since opening 3+ years ago and I think I have a nice arcade space for those who love 90's jamma action. I was planning on posting an interest thread after the holidays to see what people said. I love the personal feeling of meet-ups at people's homes, but I can offer a central NC location with an arcade open every day of the week if it helps a meet-up happen.

If any NC folks are in the Greensboro area, let me know. I'd love to meet anyone at the store and jam on some Neo-Geo. Right now I am doing a KOF tourney series with one tournament every month, starting with '94. We are on '96 (happening tonight actually) and then '97 a month from now.
Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, drop me a note and let me know. I'd be happy to help organizing anything here or elsewhere.

Last edited:

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Nice! Glad to see you on here Daniel. We haven't met but I'd come by your old location every once in awhile and hit up whatever shmups you had running (I drew a crowd a few times showing off my CAVE skills ;)). The name's Tony and I'll ask for you next time I swing by. Oh and thanks for doing what you do.