Raleigh: Fighting Tournament at Mugi's

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Gosh, you guys are going to have so many games, that you won't have time to play the tourney. :lolz:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Gosh, you guys are going to have so many games, that you won't have time to play the tourney. :lolz:

We obviously won't have them all. We just need to decide on a good number. The TB tournaments only last like 4 minutes each. We will probably need to decide the winner by who has the most Tournament victories total throughout the day.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Panda: battle circuit is zany fun, but since we are planning to have so many ppl (early estimates are about 10-12 ppl + me and wife) I'd say beat em ups might hog too much play time.

Just give me a list of what to bring. I have every game you have mentioned so far in this thread. lol. Tell me which CPS3 games you want to play also and I will preload the games on the pcbs before the event. Just want to make sure, do we have enough CPS2 kick harnesses for the event as we stand now or do we need to acquire some more?

I have almost every CPS2 game and of course every CPS3. Some CPS1 such as Punisher and SNSM. I'm sure I could bring a few HSF2:AE or ST pcbs. And I could maybe bring my Lindbergh and give you guys a demonstration of our multi kit.

Jojo's bizarre is silly and should go over well. Third strike is always a safe bet. If had to pick one of those, I'd say just third strike. I would like to get a few rounds of pocket fighter in too if you don't mind bringing it, and anything else you feel like.

for cps2 I have 2 A-boards and 2 kick harnesses on hand.

edit: just want to reiterate, I apologize that this is mostly fighter centric, because of the the amount of ppl needed for the tournament, I figure it'd just be easier to keep it mostly fighting games for everyone to play. there will be 2 available pvms, which I can always put a 360 or pc engine on if anyone wants some shmups. and if we do this again with a smaller group, I think a wider variety of games would be just fine.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Hey gang,

I'm relatively new to the Raleigh area and would love to get in on this. Don't know how old you fellas are but I'm an old, retired fighting game head who finally bought his first house and is looking to get in to the weird and wonderful world of collecting cabs/boards. Obviously I'm a complete fucking noob here and don't know shit about shit but I'm willing to bring beer and an open mind if you'll have me.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Hey gang,

I'm relatively new to the Raleigh area and would love to get in on this. Don't know how old you fellas are but I'm an old, retired fighting game head who finally bought his first house and is looking to get in to the weird and wonderful world of collecting cabs/boards. Obviously I'm a complete fucking noob here and don't know shit about shit but I'm willing to bring beer and an open mind if you'll have me.

OLD CREEPER ALERT! ;)

Welcome to the forums. Moogz is one of the nicest guys/hosts around. Noobs and oldies alike, he'll treat ya right.

Dion

I love using Sony Vegas. Once you learn how it works the sky is the limit. If I wasn't such a perfectionist I could crank out tons of videos with it. This one took a few hours to do believe it or not. Getting better though.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Holy S%^T, just realized that Raleigh is one of the 3 main sites of my company, among Boston and San Jose... I've even been there in January (^_^!)

Next time will probably be in June...Mitsurugi are you around there by chance!? A beer with you guys would be great!

Dion

Holy S%^T, just realized that Raleigh is one of the 3 main sites of my company, among Boston and San Jose... I've even been there in January (^_^!)

Next time will probably be in June...Mitsurugi are you around there by chance!? A beer with you guys would be great!

Mugicha lives there. I'm about a two hour drive away. I could make a trip to hang out if you like. My schedule is a bit more flexible than Mugi's.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

damn that's awesome massi, I'd like to hang out next time you make it around here. I don't drink but you'd be welcome to hang out at my place :)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Great, thanks all, I'll definitively post details as soon as the trip is planned!

Looking forward to meet with you guys!

Massi

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
thx to loegan (for the panel) and Lemony (for the wiring), the astro is now fully 6 button and cps2 compatible :D

thx so much for the help guys!

P1040042.jpg

P1040043.jpg

Dion

Sweet!!! I actually upgraded my SuperGun for the event last night. I removed the old MAS Systems video converter and installed a JROK instead. Now I can output S-Video and it can also do the push-in RGB connectors. Sounds like we will have our stuff together. Maybe it is a bad sign that we are getting this stuff done so early...

Check out my newest video. I did an 'upgrade' to one of my racing wheels I use with my Lindbergh. I actually did it right before I installed the JROK. Got a lot done last night. LOL. Considering bringing the Lindbergh to show off the multigame kit Darksoft and I have available.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll be in Raleigh a week or two after this if any of you want to get together.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Sounds like we will have our stuff together. Maybe it is a bad sign that we are getting this stuff done so early...

don't jinx me! I've had no problems with my cabs for the last 2 years and I'm completely afraid somehting is gonna happen now :oh_no:

feel free to bring the lindy, I'm curious, I just worry you already need to bring alot with the cps2 stuff and the supergun!

I'll be in Raleigh a week or two after this if any of you want to get together.

I really wish I could change the date on this tourney so you could join us :(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
holy cow, I didn't realize it was the 14th! I thought it was the 24th. Dammit. I gotta go to work and check my vacation days. This whole time I was hyping up myself for the 24th. I am so out of it :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You'd better get the 14th off you stinking banana.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
so you guys know there is gonna be a prize for this tourney right?

P1040045.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
info bump!

I sent out pm's with the details. So far the tentative head count is 9 people + me and the wife for 11! and that is alot for a 2 br house. I told my Raleigh peeps that we'd start after 4. Neo forums guys who are coming will all be driving in from out of town so I'd love it if you could all come earlier, more time for a meet and greet and whatnot.

I'm planning to have lunch ready for us, so don't feel like you need to stop somewhere on the way in, I got ya covered ;)

to anyone else in the area that might've been interested, sorry but i'm at capacity for this time, but hopefully we can do this again sometime, perhaps an annual Carolina NG.com thing :)