Raleigh: Fighting Tournament at Mugi's

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I tend to bring more a D- button mash game, and after playing a little 97 tonite, I realized how truly awful I am at KOF :lolz:

just happy to meet some more Carolina arcade folks and I'm also looking to try out that Razion :drool:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'll get smoked too but I'm happy to make the trip. I'll hit you up Mugi to see if we can figure out a carpool.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Hi all: just a reminder that tonight is our KOF '97 tournament. Hope to get started at 8:00.

Mention KOF at the register for free arcade entry tonight. Here is the address, just for reference:
1701-A Spring Garden St.
GSO, NC 27403

I do have to apologize in advance for the arcade being a little cluttered. I was expecting some new equipment to be delivered Wednesday but it was delayed till yesterday and I haven't had time to get everything ready. So it's not quite where I would have liked, but, never fear. There'll be plenty of Neo to go around!

Hope to see a few new faces there! If you can't make it tonight, there's always KOF '98 next month (and it should be a big one).

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I took some mj but I just got home, its 2am and I'm working in a few hours. I'll get some up tomorrow after I get off, hopefully they aren't too dark.

Also just wanted to say a big thank you to Dan for hosting and being such an incredibly nice guy as well.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Awesome. I've sent him a ton of nice stuff over the past year or so and i've never seen him sell anything...so I sort of assumed he had an amazing setup and would love to see what it looks like.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, you know what candy cabs look like. His place has like 20 of them.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yamazaki won.

Snake arms for days.

Had a great time and Dan has an incredible setup. Look forward to going back soon... preferably for a game I remember how to play. :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have got to learn how to counter that in this game. It's easy enough in the Fatal Fury games, but you and the other dude who beat me just completely shut me down when you used Yamazaki. Not that I could beat your Blue Mary either...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Ok, I'm bumping this with pics since the tourney was mentioned here, but I'll go start another thread in meetups for the going forward stuff.

Alot of the pics I took are crap and really don't do Dan's place justice but here's a few:

d7Mnm8Q.jpg

Q4ekVeV.jpg

udWF3Jv.jpg

0MQ1ix8.jpg

vIoR1eL.jpg

One of the coolest things about this was seeing 15+ ppl crowded around watching 2 guys play KOF97 :lolz: Certainly not the most amazing game ever. I wish I couldve gotten a good pic of the crowd. And my Yuri slapped a lot of ppl around, but in the end that wasn't quite enough for me to progress. Can't wait for 98 next month Dan!

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks to everyone that showed! Thanks to Mugicha, Gohan X, 100proof, and Saisyu Kusanagi for coming out; great meeting you guys! There were several new faces and it made for the biggest turnout we have had for KOF so far. Sorry it took so long but I didn't think I would need two set-ups for KOF '97! Come time for '98 there will be at least 2 set-ups going. I'll post up a reminder when it gets closer. Because of the way the Saturdays fall, it may be later in the month next month.

As for the tournament, Saisyu won the day, beating our local KOF hero Brian in a real slugfest of a Grand Finals. I haven't had time to upload the whole thing, but here is the Grand Finals and some prior matches (GF start @ 15:00 in).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zrkFB2-t0