Yahoo! Japan - 'starpine_0027'

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Any one know anything about this guy?

Listing a lot of pcbs on Yahoo! Japan, and in his listings states he will deal with overseas... just wondered if anyone here knows anything about him?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's Gfront and he won't deal with overseas anymore as he doesn't answer emails even though it says he does deal with them.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Yeah they never responded to my email when I asked for a quote a few months ago.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's Gfront and he won't deal with overseas anymore as he doesn't answer emails even though it says he does deal with them.

Is he reliable to deal with through a third party? His feedback on Y!Jpn looks solid... Gfront? Heard that name before but nothing obvious springs to mind. :spcok:

Fox1

20 Year Member
I personally never had a problem dealing with him in Japan. www.gfront.com

Although half of his auctions (he has multiple user ids on yaj) have banned bidding agents. So do it through someone like Rancor (on shmups or arcadeotaku) who is in Japan.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I personally never had a problem dealing with him in Japan. www.gfront.com

Although half of his auctions (he has multiple user ids on yaj) have banned bidding agents. So do it through someone like Rancor (on shmups or arcadeotaku) who is in Japan.

Yeah, familiar with them now, who they were hit me after I had posted.

I've seen Rancor post up on shmups & AO but isn't he selective on who he offers his services to? I've got accounts with both sites, but I'm not a regular poster and my account at shmups is pretty new. Shame no one here does it... I may well try my Rinkya account and see what happens.

BTW, yeah, noticed the multiple user accounts... why do you need to do that is my question, seems, iffy.

One of the major proxy buyers has had them on the iffy list for years. They are a bit sketchy but I think Rancor buys there from time to time.

To be clear, the reason stated to me that the proxy didn't like to buy there was that they didn't like to stand behind products that arrived with some type of defect. I see someone added that below..

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
G-Front is a PCB shop and sometimes like 30% of all boards offered on YHJ are from G-Fronts different aliases .
They never answer on the email address in their actions .
Their online shop has an English page for foreigners but you pay Otaku tax on their Japanese page so it's best to buy from YHJ by Proxy or ask someone like Rancor on Shmups to get it from the shop it for a fee.
Their prices are not bad but remember if there's a problem with a board it's never their problem even when bought from the shop directly .

Edit:

I'm on my work so it took me half an hour to write this and I see people already responded .

LOL

Last edited:

Fox1

20 Year Member
which is why I order in Japanese.

Rancor

Rocnar,
Hey dudes. I'm here as well. I've actually been on this forum longer than any other.

Anyhow - yeah. What everyone else says. G-Front is not the best company to deal with. There are two dudes that work there, and one is totally nice, personable, and ready to assist you (chubby) while the other one is a hateful asshole (glasses). If you don't speak Japanese, you will pay higher prices and if something goes wrong you're totally fucked. Buyer beware. I've had a few boards go south that I've bought from them, but I'm a known face around there and know who to talk to about getting wrongs righted. I can do get most anything you need from them, but Gaijinpunch can also do the same.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hey dudes. I'm here as well. I've actually been on this forum longer than any other.

Anyhow - yeah. What everyone else says. G-Front is not the best company to deal with. There are two dudes that work there, and one is totally nice, personable, and ready to assist you (chubby) while the other one is a hateful asshole (glasses). If you don't speak Japanese, you will pay higher prices and if something goes wrong you're totally fucked. Buyer beware. I've had a few boards go south that I've bought from them, but I'm a known face around there and know who to talk to about getting wrongs righted. I can do get most anything you need from them, but Gaijinpunch can also do the same.

Good to know :)

I used my Rinkya account and bought the two items I was interested in, and they are now held at the Rinkya warehouse. Obviously, I'm not going to find out if they're any good or not for a few weeks yet, but I'll keep all fingers crossed!!! lol

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I 've picked up a few board from that seller, using a local middleman of course. but Ive never had any issue

racer445

n00b
I bought a couple things from them using the fromjapan.co.jp proxy service and the items were as expected, but then again I typically buy "junk" items to fix so I expect them broken. :P