Path of Exile

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Download: https://www.pathofexile.com/
Anyone play this? I didn't see another thread with a quick search.

The basics: free-to-play Diablo 2-style hack and slash, essentially. New expansion just came out with some extra stuff. All microtransactions are cosmetic or stuff like extra stash space, but they give you tons to start with anyways. You can play the whole thing without ever even clicking the real money tab. Disappointed with D3 or don't want to fork over the loot for D3+exp? Try this out.

First off, don't let the giant skill tree seem overwhelming at first, it allows a lot of customization and there are plenty of builds to follow on the forums or other sites if you don't want to spend the time to customize. Second, one of the unique things about the game is that spells/passives are gems that are slotted into your gear, and are leveled up when your character gains experience. Third, the economy isn't based on a real money auction house - in fact, it's not based on money at all. There's no gold. Instead you get items from selling to vendors that when applied to gear change its stats in some different way, and these 'orbs' can be traded with other players as the de facto currency. Differing gem slots and the application of orbs can really make loot drops more interesting and less-appealing items can still be useful. There's also no potions, you instead carry 5 flasks of whatever mix of health/mana you choose, and they gain charges when you kill enemies. Give it a try. I'm not sure what info you need to add my character, let me know.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Add me to your friend list. My account name is BigSurf.

You won't have much luck getting people here interested in the game. I've tried many times over the past couple years.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Anyone still play this? Act 4 is coming up soon, likely within the next few months. I just started up playing here and there again recently.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Bumping this again, although it is probably futile as it seems no one on here plays it except for myself and cannonball.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i played for a bit.
would rather play diablo 2 though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
3.0 just dropped. I might finally get into it.

Yeah, nothing will beat D2.

Hashrate

n00b
3.0 just dropped. I might finally get into it.

Yeah, nothing will beat D2.

you are definitely right that nothing will beat D2, but this is the closest thing you'll get to D2 in a modern game....plus its free to play(and not pay to win). POE has come a long way and now with patch 3.0, it is much better at keeping your attention.

I recommend POE to anyone who has enjoyed D2 and even D3. The dev team seems to be very dedicated and I can really appreciate that!