Disable Magic Key MVS converter UniBIOS

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The vertical design does more damage than the horizontal.

I don't really get how, Xian Xi. The adapter weights about 350g (less than a pound) so the added weight on the connector is not significant (IMO) because the weight is distributed along the 200 solder points of the cart slots. The converter boards do not seem to be any thicker than those of original games, so from the cartridge connector perspective, there seems to be no significant difference between an original AES cartridge and an adapter with an MVS cart. I may be forgetting something, which is why I'd like to read your explanation.

Thanks!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't really get how, Xian Xi. The adapter weights about 350g (less than a pound) so the added weight on the connector is not significant (IMO) because the weight is distributed along the 200 solder points of the cart slots. The converter boards do not seem to be any thicker than those of original games, so from the cartridge connector perspective, there seems to be no significant difference between an original AES cartridge and an adapter with an MVS cart. I may be forgetting something, which is why I'd like to read your explanation.

Thanks!!

Leverage.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm sorry, but I'm still lost...I can see leverage in the Daedalus design, but not in the vertical design of the Magic Key MVS.

Most people who have a side loading converter put the cart in the converter first then into the system. People who own a top loading one will either do the same and then there is also those who put the game in while the converter is in the system which puts a lot of stress on the contacts and connector.

People tend to be more careful with a side loader than a top loader. It's even worse if you have a bare phantom since there is no shell to limit movement while in the slot.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hmmm...while I do not completely agree on your reasoning for the Magic Key, I completely see it for the Daedalus and phantom bare converters. thanks for your explanation Xian Xi.

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
As long as everyone installs the MVS cart into the converter before putting it in the AES, everything will be fine.