Best MVS Multicart and where to buy?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
What's the general concensus on what the best MVS Multicart currently out there is? Is it the 161 in 1 or the 150 in 1. I know there's another one (138 in 1?) but that requires a daughter board and is no longer available. I'm looking for the most accurate games. The ones with the least problems

Also, where's the cheapest place to pick one up? I see you can get them from a number of overseas places, but I'm not sure what the quality is on those.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Here ya go, about the best and the cheapest your gonna get and they're located in the US.

http://www.hollandcomputers.com/sto...ge-Multicart-Horizontal-Display-2391p6430.htm

Excellent. Thank you!

search function.
I did do a search and found a thread that talked about them, but no one could really agree on what the best was. I guess it's up to the person to decide that for themselves. I keep hoping for a Neo Geo Everdrive type solution, but that seems like it isn't going to happen.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Multigame 161 in 1 has the largest game selection.
Super 120-in-1 is worth considering if you want if you want properly working versions of Garou Mark of the Wolves, Aero Fighters 3, and Samurai Shodown II. It also has Twinkle Star Sprites, Shock Troopers, and NAM 1975.

Multigame 161 can be bought in the USA from that hollandcomputers site that ChiefofSB linked. The Super 120 will probably have to be ordered from China.

Multigame 150-in-1 is basically the 161-in-1 minus a few ROMs. There's really no reason to look for it over a 161.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Multigame 150-in-1 is basically the 161-in-1 minus a few ROMs. There's really no reason to look for it over a 161.
Except the 150in1 features Viewpoint, Pulstar, Andro Dunos and Sengoku 2, all of which the 161in1 misses. Of course you don't get AoF 1, Kizuna, Magical Drop III, Puzzle de Pon! R, Savage Reign, Stakes Winner 2 and Super Dodge Ball with the 150in1. [I'd call Pulstar and Viewpoint good reasons.]

At least that's what the Arcade Otaku Wiki says.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I went with the 161 in 1 because that's what everyone seems to use. I guess I'll have to hope for a Neo Geo flash cart to get everything.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
A Neo Everdrive would be sweet i even googled it a few days ago to see if there was any word on that but it seems it's not gonna happen the games are just to complicated and different from each other from what i've read.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Except the 150in1 features Viewpoint, Pulstar, Andro Dunos and Sengoku 2, all of which the 161in1 misses. Of course you don't get AoF 1, Kizuna, Magical Drop III, Puzzle de Pon! R, Savage Reign, Stakes Winner 2 and Super Dodge Ball with the 150in1. [I'd call Pulstar and Viewpoint good reasons.]

At least that's what the Arcade Otaku Wiki says.

That comparison chart isn't totally accurate. The 161 actually has Andro Dunos, Pulstar, and Viewpoint. From the list of games you mentioned, only Sengoku 2 is missing from the 161 cart. Another inaccuracy in that chart is that it shows AOF 1 on the 120 & 161. AOF 1 doesn't appear on any multicart.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
A Neo Everdrive would be sweet i even googled it a few days ago to see if there was any word on that but it seems it's not gonna happen the games are just to complicated and different from each other from what i've read.

It might be more complicated than a MD or SNES, but the existence of the current multicarts show that it can be done. We may have to see a modified ROM set to do it easier, but I am confident that in time, and with the expertise we have on this board, eventually something will happen. It's really just a matter of time before there's a all-in-one cart with all the real games on it, or a flash drive cart that can be loaded as the player chooses.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
It might be more complicated than a MD or SNES, but the existence of the current multicarts show that it can be done. We may have to see a modified ROM set to do it easier, but I am confident that in time, and with the expertise we have on this board, eventually something will happen. It's really just a matter of time before there's a all-in-one cart with all the real games on it, or a flash drive cart that can be loaded as the player chooses.

Hope to see that happen it would be pretty cool i sure would buy.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
when i researched this for myself i decided the best bet was to get the 161 and 120 to get the largest selection of games across both... that said i now don't use either of them very much lol

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
when i researched this for myself i decided the best bet was to get the 161 and 120 to get the largest selection of games across both... that said i now don't use either of them very much lol

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to. I may have to find a 120 now.

DeusVult

Another Striker
I have the 161 and 120 multi cart, both seem good but they both put the difficulty setting to max every time, even changing the soft dip settings does not seem to have much effect on the difficulty, so I don't use mine much either now.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
I have the 161 and 120 multi cart, both seem good but they both put the difficulty setting to max every time, even changing the soft dip settings does not seem to have much effect on the difficulty, so I don't use mine much either now.

lol... yeah this is true... something to keep in mind if you're looking to buy i guess... also i think its the 120 that doesn't work in console mode if you're running unibios (probably doesn't work on a AES to MVS converter either i'm guessing)... the 161 does however if i remember correctly

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The 138-in-1 is the odd duck that features a number of titles not found in any other multicarts.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Apparently now you are looking at buying 4 multicarts for at least $90 each and each one with its own quirks. Your money might be better invested by starting with a few cheap original MVS games.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
That comparison chart isn't totally accurate. The 161 actually has Andro Dunos, Pulstar, and Viewpoint. From the list of games you mentioned, only Sengoku 2 is missing from the 161 cart. Another inaccuracy in that chart is that it shows AOF 1 on the 120 & 161. AOF 1 doesn't appear on any multicart.
Ok... that is unfortunate.

Apparently now you are looking at buying 4 multicarts for at least $90 each and each one with its own quirks. Your money might be better invested by starting with a few cheap original MVS games.
THIS IS SO TRUE!

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
This is what I plan to do actually. I'm making a list of the titles that aren't on the 161 or are broken and plan on getting cheap MVS versions of them. AOF, SS 1 & 2, Fatal Fury, and a few of the other missing titles are mega cheap if you don't mind a nasty label.

Last edited:

DeusVult

Another Striker
they are good in a way, you get to try some games you might never had considered buying, I played sengoku 3, nightmare in the dark, zupapa on it and enjoyed them, so now I know to look for them

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I have a 100 in 1 multicart I'd be willing to let go of

Sent from my Nexus 7

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I really like my multi cart and use it quite a bit (138-in-1), but I turned off a lot of the hacked roms. I use it mostly for the games I am still in search for reasonably priced (MPE, Viewpoint, SDB) and for games that are just out of my price range altogether (TSS).

Games you really enjoy it seems nicer to have the actual cartridge.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Most sites state the 161 in 1 is only compatible with original carts?
Does that mean those with Uni BIOS should not even bother?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Now that SSVS mvs cart prices have gotten over a grand, the multicart may be the only way for many to play this game on actual hardware.

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Most sites state the 161 in 1 is only compatible with original carts?
Does that mean those with Uni BIOS should not even bother?

The first question makes no sense at all.

The answer to the second question is that Unibios works with the 161 in 1. Sometimes games have weird behaviors in AES mode, (like Metal Slug 4, where you have to go into the options menu and manually bind the action buttons), but in MVS mode everything seems to work fine. Unibios cheats also work without any problems.