Best MVS Multicart and where to buy?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Now that SSVS mvs cart prices have gotten over a grand, the multicart may be the only way for many to play this game on actual hardware.

Darksoft should make a multi-EverDrive-cart for the NEO.

sammargh

n00b
lol... yeah this is true... something to keep in mind if you're looking to buy i guess... also i think its the 120 that doesn't work in console mode if you're running unibios (probably doesn't work on a AES to MVS converter either i'm guessing)... the 161 does however if i remember correctly

Console mode works fine on the 120 in 1 and you can switch the difficulty via a menu or through softdip once in game. I've never had an issue and can definitely tell that it sets right. The 161 in 1 also has a bugged version of Aero Strikers 3 while the 150 in 1 doesn't. The 150/161 in 1 also have a bug where if you have a memory card in you cannot go back to the game menu by holding start until you remove the memory card. The 120 in 1 does not exhibit this bug. Also the 161/150 in 1 requires a unibios to work on a MV-1C as you have to disable the hardware test or you will get a Z80 error on boot-up.

I purchased the 120 in 1 about a week or two ago from alibaba and it came new. Here's the url if you're having issues finding it
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pc...Game-Board-Game-PCB-for-Arcade/375859464.html

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've got the 161 & 60 (sans audio), I understand what they are and their quarks. I can always play stuff on the NGCD or AES/MVS if I want the real thing. I echo the Holland Computers link.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Console mode works fine on the 120 in 1 and you can switch the difficulty via a menu or through softdip once in game. I've never had an issue and can definitely tell that it sets right. The 161 in 1 also has a bugged version of Aero Strikers 3 while the 150 in 1 doesn't. The 150/161 in 1 also have a bug where if you have a memory card in you cannot go back to the game menu by holding start until you remove the memory card. The 120 in 1 does not exhibit this bug. Also the 161/150 in 1 requires a unibios to work on a MV-1C as you have to disable the hardware test or you will get a Z80 error on boot-up.

I purchased the 120 in 1 about a week or two ago from alibaba and it came new. Here's the url if you're having issues finding it
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pc...Game-Board-Game-PCB-for-Arcade/375859464.html
does anyone know of any other websites that have this one?

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Honestly, if you really wanna go the multi-cart route, just wait and see if Darksoft or somebody else makes a quality flash cart. It's not gonna be cheap, but its better than buying 4 freaking flash carts with 200 hacks you're never gonna play. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get every official release via the current carts. I mean, with all the everdrives out now, you just know its gonna happen eventually.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's gonna cost about the same as 10 multicarts. That's why krikzz isn't even entertaining the notion of doing one for the neo.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It's gonna cost about the same as 10 multicarts. That's why krikzz isn't even entertaining the notion of doing one for the neo.

Whoa, when I said 'expensive' I wasn't expecting quite that much. I was thinking more along the lines of the CPS-2 muti-carts. I mean, I get why SD2SNES is so much, what with all of the special chips it needs to support, but aren't all MVS carts essentially the same?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Whoa, when I said 'expensive' I wasn't expecting quite that much. I was thinking more along the lines of the CPS-2 muti-carts. I mean, I get why SD2SNES is so much, what with all of the special chips it needs to support, but aren't all MVS carts essentially the same?

No. Some games require the backup RAM of the mvs mobo to function and no AES console has that. DavidG made Jockey Grandprix homecart and added the backup RAM manually to the cart. That thing cost like $1500.

http://www.neostore.com/Jockey-Grandprix-English-AES-by-DG-p/1324.htm

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
DavidG made Jockey Grandprix homecart and added the backup RAM manually to the cart. That thing cost like $1500.
Well, that's not very convincing, in my eyes:
DavidG->$1500 --and not-- backup RAM->$1500

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
You could give me $50, and I can send you this multicart I have (but I'll actually just fill the box with meconium and call it a day).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well, that's not very convincing, in my eyes:
DavidG->$1500 --and not-- backup RAM->$1500

Unfortunately, there aren't any other bootleggers who knows how to incorporate a backup RAM into a cartridge.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
agreed. It's time someone bootlegged the bootlegger and shared that info publicly...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Personally, I'd say the 120 in 1 > 161 in 1 overall. But, I have both, and between the two it has most of the games I want to play. The only drawback with the 120 is that it doesn't work in a home cart system with a converter. The 161 works just fine.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Personally, I'd say the 120 in 1 > 161 in 1 overall. But, I have both, and between the two it has most of the games I want to play. The only drawback with the 120 is that it doesn't work in a home cart system with a converter. The 161 works just fine.

The 120 in 1 also resets when playing two player metal slug with gohan in a NAC using a MV1FS and unibios. Just sayin'

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
To be fair, I'm pretty fucking awesome at Metal Slug, and our two player simultaneous awesome was far too much for it to handle.

Except the 150in1 features Viewpoint, Pulstar, Andro Dunos and Sengoku 2, all of which the 161in1 misses. Of course you don't get AoF 1, Kizuna, Magical Drop III, Puzzle de Pon! R, Savage Reign, Stakes Winner 2 and Super Dodge Ball with the 150in1. [I'd call Pulstar and Viewpoint good reasons.]

At least that's what the Arcade Otaku Wiki says.

Actually, the 161-in-1 I have does have Pulstar. I believe it also had Viewpoint too.

ShaunRF

n00b
Got the 161in1 for my 2-slot cabinet, but it looks like my motherboard doesn't like this multicart. It wont let me get to the menu. I just get the green screen when I try, then it goes right to SNK vs Capcom. I thought it was the cart at first, but the replacement does the same thing. I've been told that some motherboards are just picky about these things.

I wanted to just buy a 1 slot board and plug it in, but I've learned that they are on the JAMMA standard instead of the MVS harness.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Someone said that the 161 sets the difficulty to max. Would the aes debug bios be able to turn that down?