I don't know why im asking this but this is a boot right? (SVC)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, the idea at the time was that if it was released as PCB only it would take longer to dump the rom and circulate the internet. This didn't really work out, as it meant that MVS collectors were buying SvC Chaos boots because the legit SvC MVS carts hadn't hit the market yet and we had no idea if it was actually coming.

Arcade Magician

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Off topic question:
It's possible to put a cart slot in one of those PCBs? (AKA "crazy mod" :glee:)
-Just curious....

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You mean for inserting another cart onto a SVC board?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Yeah, the idea at the time was that if it was released as PCB only it would take longer to dump the rom and circulate the internet. This didn't really work out, as it meant that MVS collectors were buying SvC Chaos boots because the legit SvC MVS carts hadn't hit the market yet and we had no idea if it was actually coming.

No, more so the PCB MVS titles were created after SNK collapse and reemergence as Playmore. The mentality of Playmore being that during the short span of time the MVS platform was decommissioned after SNK closure that somehow the neo geo mvs hardware installed infrastructure disappeared from arcades and new games made using the MVS architecture had to be self sufficient hence the all in ones. In fact it was the opposite, the actual neo geo machines were still in arcades going strong and the cart format was and still is the most preferred format. Playmore obviously caught on to this and only about 3 games that I can remember were available as all in ones. BTW SNK discontinued manufacturing neo geo MVS cart systems long before they went out of business some time during the late 90.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It should be possible to mount a cart slot on one of those dedicated boards, but it really depends how consolidated the encryption and multiplexing is.