Universe Bios 3.2 released!

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
I am playing to Waku Waku 7 these days, What I have to do to play with Fernandez using the cheat menu? If I select the option in the cheat menu Fernandez appears in the character selection, but when I push and select this then the game is returned to character selection menu.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If I remember right you need to select this cheat once the game round starts. Once you die you will then play as the character. I'll see if there is a way to improve this cheat.

Last edited:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Is there a link somewhere to download the instructions for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thank you. I thought the whole time that was just to download the Bios.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Not to derail this thread but @ Xian Xi im glad to see a Always Sunny fan here.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Hello,
I have a mv1f slot without sound.
No message error with unibios or snk bios.
No sound in game and in testmode.
On jukebox unibios, the message is "Error Start Sound".
The problem is ym2610 ?

Thanks.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
if there is no z80 error with the normal bios then the error might be with dirty cart sockets or dirty cart.

Raz

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Would it be possible to have scores saved for AES game modes. For example Survivor time/score in KOF 96/97/98?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm not sure, the bios only saves scores that the games store. Are their highscore tables for these modes in the game?

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes, but only the top score is saved. When you clear these game modes you can enter your initials if you beat your previous score, and your score is displayed at the start of these game modes. On a side note i think later Neo CD titles let you choose to save these scores.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I will have a look at this when I have some time. can you give me a list of all the games that do this or is it only kof 96/97/98?

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes I ship to USA and normally you will receive the item within 14 days.

Raz

byted

n00b
Seeing as Razoola recently released the free version of version 3.2, I attempted to burn myself a copy as a test using an ST M27C1024-10F1 EPROM with a TL866CS. I also burned a version 3.1 as a test. The burn went fine and could read back its content.

I did the piggyback socket method. I desoldered pin two completely and lifted it parallel. Put my 15k resistor between 40 and 2. And socket 2 to 20. I did continuity tests between the eprom and the pins and everything is a go. Plug in the eprom and when the unit powers on, red screen with a clicking sound.

I reconnected pin 2 back the trace and the unit starts off as it should.

I'm leaning towards something going bad with the programming of the eprom. Didn't get any errors. Maybe something strange with using a TL866? I don't believe it's a soldering issue as I'm getting proper continuity but who knows. There's far more knowledgeable people here and thought I'd ask if anyone might lead me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
red screen indicates a RAM issue if there is no game in the socket. a picture of your work would also be a good idea.

Raz

byted

n00b
red screen indicates a RAM issue if there is no game in the socket. a picture of your work would also be a good idea.

Raz

Unfortunately I only have a quick photo I took yesterday which isn't the greatest of angles. I'm out of town on business and will be returning later in the week. I'll take a video as well. So most likely ram issue. Strange. With the rejoining of the wire to pin 2 it works fine.

The socket and the original BIOS aren't close to touching. Does the sort of stuttering sound give any other clue? I was thinking of going down the route of buying of your chips but I'd hate to see it do the same in the event it's my handy work. I'm usually pretty good at soldering though. You never know.piggy.JPG

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Are you sure your not putting the unibios in the socket backwards given the socket has been placed in the wrong way around? the half circle should be to the left. Al the other pins of the bios must be soldered to the socket.

byted

n00b
Are you sure your not putting the unibios in the socket backwards given the socket has been placed in the wrong way around? the half circle should be to the left. Al the other pins of the bios must be soldered to the socket.

I hadn't even noticed that I didn't put the socket in the wrong direction. I put the notch for the chip on the left side. I figured since pin one was in the bottom left, the chip would be as well.

I've never burned a unibios with the TL866. I thought maybe someone might have and there might have been a gotcha. I'll have to erase the eprom when I get back and try again. I'll take better photos as well in case there's something I'm oblivious too.

That being said, the m27c1024 is still in fact the correct eprom for 3.x correct?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes its the correct eprom. I also cannot tell from the picture if you have the resistor done correctly. It goes befween pin 2 of original bios and pin 40 only it should not be touching pin 2 of the socket.

byted

n00b
Yes its the correct eprom. I also cannot tell from the picture if you have the resistor done correctly. It goes befween pin 2 of original bios and pin 40 only it should not be touching pin 2 of the socket.

That's what I was afraid of with the bad picture. I'll take some new pictures when I return. And I'll redo it all just in case. Thanks for help. I'll fill you in once I get more information.