Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
15 degrees celsius, clear sky the whole week.
Ahahaha

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bout the same except colder (being that much further north and by the lake does that). The last two days were great, mountains of snow just vanished, and then today is was cold as fuck. We missed Vulcan though because of how north we are.

The erratic temperature change is classic midwest spring... It seems we are about a week behind on our high temperatures compared to the average.

Please don't legitimize winter storm naming.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
We are going to be at non-applicable degrees tonight.

Day After Tomorrow, its happening!

/sarcasm

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
it is 8 degrees out right now.

Same here, -11F with wind chill.

This sucks, but it doesn't feel as bad as the -30F wind chill days we had last year. Although I might change my opinion tomorrow after an hour outside on the forklift.

We had only our second measurable snow of the season yesterday but it was only 2-3". We never really got the big one last year but we did get a bunch of days with measurable snow, it sure felt like I was out shoveling every other day. We ended with 63.4" of snow for the season.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Today
High -9 | Low -12 °F
Yesterday
High 0 | Low -17 °F

current:Scattered Clouds-9 ° Feels Like -31 °F Wind from West Gusts 24 mph

forecast:Tomorrow is forecast to be MUCH WARMER than today. =Wow:rolleyes:(@ our forecast not y'all living in habitable zones)

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Christ. Some really cold weather snapping through again. Keep warm, peeps. Hopefully things warm up soon.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...well see what comes now but only time will tell. Hopefully it's not as bad as last year. Nov/Dec has been very mild for us, just just had our first real snow two days ago. 5-6". Currently, it's 0 outside, -9 windchill. Is supposed to get up to freezing by Sunday...so this snap doesn't seem like it will last that long...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
-15 degree wind chill here. I just shoveled the driveway after work. I should've came in to put on a hat/scarf. Now I want to die.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'll add to the fist part of this thread by saying that we really never got a summer around here. It got hot a few times but for the most part, after an entire month of rain In June, July was just plain odd. I have a July birthday and this year it was a high of 58....58? Holy shit...never has my birthday been that chilly.

I cycle a ton and the early morning rides were a bust this year too...it was just too damn chilly most of the time.

It's been a cool year in general...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
19 degrees here tonight in wonderful Florida after a summer where it was easily reaching 110+

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
In Britain you can travel from the very top to the very bottom and the variance will be something around 4 degrees celsius, so there's really no escaping the weather of this island.

This isn't the case in the US, I have no idea why people live in parts of the US with shitty weather.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
EwWWHxj.png

update. im looking forward to that balmy 20 degree weekend.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
This isn't the case in the US, I have no idea why people live in parts of the US with shitty weather.

We may whine about it...but most of us like it (I think). I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US. We experience real winter / spring / fall / summer and it's great. The brutal cold (-50) of course isn't fun, but at zero it isn't too bad and it's necessary for a lot of the activities we enjoy. Driving a car to various islands across Lake Superior is more than awesome. Today low was -16 (wind -39).

Spring / Summer / Fall / Winter = best
Spoiler:

fPQpde5.jpg

JF3xyrz.jpg

VYPncZc.jpg

Xk6FBkA.jpg

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Dipping below 0 here tonight. and my car loses power assist to the brakes under 15. So that makes for fun driving for the first few minutes. Get my leg workout in I guess.

Phyeir

We may whine about it...but most of us like it (I think). I wouldn't live anywhere else in the US. We experience real winter / spring / fall / summer and it's great. The brutal cold (-50) of course isn't fun, but at zero it isn't too bad and it's necessary for a lot of the activities we enjoy. Driving a car to various islands across Lake Superior is more than awesome. Today low was -16 (wind -39).

As someone that also lives in an area with "seasons"... yeah, I'm over it.

I like snow and the whole winter wonderland, but that can just as easily be accomplished with a vacation in the winter without making the work week a nightmare and my heating bill a solid slice of my paycheck.

Phyeir

Well thanks Castor... there goes my fucking night.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's not so bad by the beach, and there really isn't much of snowfall in my neighborhood yet.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Living in Southern California it's easy to completely disconnect from the human experience of the past, the recent past, btw. A past where in many parts of the world the winter was a thing to be survived. A past where 'mother nature' was going make sure 3 out of 4 of your kids weren't gonna make it to age 10.

Oh, and I want to mention that there was a time on these forums where you had a strong Minnesota/Twin Cities crowd who typed as though they lived in the most enlightened, desirable place on the planet earth. I remember when Bobak moved there and was a part of that delusional, reality-disconnected madness. Like Minneapolis and St. Paul was akin to Rome at the height of empire.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
The Autumn felt long and comfortable for me, but now it's nothing but a distant memory. I visited the state of Ohio for a week last week and -HOLY SHIT- it was cold. The kind of cold where your hands literally get bright red and numb in less than 10 minutes outside without gloves...