How many of you geezers still go to concerts?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I stopped going to concerts. I'm unemployed so I don't have the money now, and many of my friends have moved away/got married.

It's also a pain the ass finding a parking spot and paying for parking downtown.

I would like to see Skinny Puppy/Haujobb at Mill City Nights, but it's in Dec. where they'll be storms, mark my words.

Last "Concert" I went to was the Kinetik Festival in Montreal in 2011.

Before that, it was Kraftwerk which was on my bucket list.

I think my concert days are over.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Last concert I went to was Panic! At The Disco when they first came out. The venue changed from a good place to a horrible, echo-y place. Still, it was good to go, but man the acoustics sucked.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I go to concerts. Just this year saw Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth and will go next mont to see Napalm Death and Kreator.

Regards.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
If Kraftwerk came to town again I'd probably go to that.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Mate wanted me to go to Cannibal Corpse with him next week but I'm just not interested...

Fuck I'm lazy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Going to LouFest this weekend. It's walking distance, and there are actually some good bands.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Was going to see Beck on Oct. 5 at the House of Blues in New Orleans, but the tickets are $120. Fuck that!!!! :oh_no:

Looking forward to Primus. I really would like to see Death From Above 1979 at Voodoo Fest and maybe the Foo Fighters (if they play mostly stuff from the first 4 albums). DFA 1979 has their new album 'Physical World' coming out this Tuesday also.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Going to see Pelican and Goatsnake in about a week. Should be good shit.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I saw Within Temptation with Amaranthe on 9/28.

Amaranthe blows but WT was pretty awesome.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I saw Destruction last monday alongside Evil Invaders. It was cool. Next concert: Taake!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
BUMP

Just saw Death From Above 1979 Monday night with my wife at First Ave (Minneapolis MN). Holy shit was that an awesome show! Wasn't sure how well it would work live since they're a two piece band, but holy shit they're even better live. Their music isn't really my wife's cup of tea, and she was definitely enjoying herself.....even in up front in the mosh pit for the first five or six songs. But to be fair, I was kinda taking a lot of hits and shoves trying to protect her.

Oh and the band that opened for them was Biblical, never heard of them before but they were awesome. Kinda a hard rock/metal/prog rock combo from Toronto. I should have bought their CD there, but already spent so much money already. Fuck it I'll probably get the album off i-tunes or some shit anyways.

*Here is a clip from the show that someone posted on Youtube. The song starts around 50 seconds or so in. (warning the bass drum is very loud on the recording)

For you members that have ONLY seen stadium concerts you owe it to yourself to see a REAL show at least once in your life. Try a smaller venue, with a halfway decent band and notice how much more fun you will have.

PS: If your going to do any crowd surfing, for fuck's sake: KEEP YOUR FEET UP! That's pretty much the only crowd surfing rule, and it's a super good one. You're usually coming from behind someone, and most (all) people hate getting kicked in the back of the head.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
They're coming to Boston, but I'm pissed that Low is on all of the dates on the tour except Boston's.

Low was good at that show, I actually had only been a casual fan of theirs. I since discovered they have a TON of material in their discography and that they really haven't stopped being an active band. In other news, not sure if you are a fan of Ride, but it seems that they will be jumping on the bandwagon and doing a reunion tour as well. I for one welcome this, "Nowhere" is brilliant, and I'm sure they will take themselves seriously.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Halfway decent band? Why not try a good band like Suffocation. They play in small venues and that shit is intense my friends. A band to remember and must see if you're into death metal.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In other news, not sure if you are a fan of Ride, but it seems that they will be jumping on the bandwagon and doing a reunion tour as well. I for one welcome this, "Nowhere" is brilliant, and I'm sure they will take themselves seriously.

I've never heard of Ride.

Halfway decent band? Why not try a good band like Suffocation. They play in small venues and that shit is intense my friends. A band to remember and must see if you're into death metal.

Suffocation is great. I've seen them twice.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Speaking of geezers, I got to see Fleetwood Mac the other day... man what a show! I honestly can't believe the energy those old folks still have, lol. Mick did a damn near 10 minute drum solo near the end of the concert!

And with Christie McVie back with the band, I got to hear all the good stuff. Stevie Nicks is still my favorite voice though.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Is any one here planing a trip to Rock on the Range? Family in Toledo helped sway my choice go.