How many of you geezers still go to concerts?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I regularly attend DJ performances(and occasionally "DJ" myself), but as far as an actual concert goes... it's been ages. I keep telling myself I'm going to go(but have yet to do so). If Coachella wasn't so damn expensive these days I'd go. Additionally, would love to go to Moog Fest but that's way over on the other side of the US. :/

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was never one to go to a lot of concerts... Shows at clubs and seeing bands in bars are a completely different thing... Concert, hmm... I do try to go to at least one concert at the Hollywood Bowl every summer. It's kind of a summer tradition. Last summer was M83 with the LA Phil. That was pretty decent. Did Portishead at the Greek in NorCal and LCD Sound System, Sonic Youth and a few others over the last few years at the Hollywood Bowl, so, yeah, I guess I still go to concerts once in a while. I'd still take a band in a small venue or bar over a concert any day, though.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Me and my girlfriend go see Cowboy Mouth and O.A.R every year (not sure if that is happening this year though) and try to hit up any jazz or blue performers that come to the area. If health things let us attend we plan on seeing Elton John soon and then later in the year going to see Ronnie Milsap.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Saw local h last night.
I hate the song that gets airplay all the time.
All the stuff they had last night was terrific though.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm a bit stuck in the past regarding music and most of the bands I love have either disbanded or died, but I often go to tribute bands. Does this count or is it cop out?

Led Zep tribute I saw a couple of weeks ago were fantastic.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I need to see Bruce Springsteen before I die. Or more like he dies, or just calls it quits.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I rarely make it out. When i do. i get a nice comfy seat.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Last one was Dylan a few years back. Before that Tool maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

I used to go to heaps when I was in my early 20's but it's kind of tailed off as I'm not as fanatical about music as I once was.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Not as much as i used to. Last show i went to was Tyler the creator about 6-7 months ago. I'm going to see deltron at the end of march as well

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I wouldn't mind going to one of her concerts, especially after I saw this video a few years back:

Trippy shit.

How was it?

I saw them when they were touring with Lenny Kravitz a few years back and they were horrible. Mostly because they didn;t play a good set, and Steven Tyler's voice is thrashed.

Lenny, on the other hand, was excellent.

Bought the tickets for my gf for our anniversary. They actually sounded good because we were close and the set was very well planned. I thought they rushed through"crazy" but it was definitely worth it.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bought the tickets for my gf for our anniversary. They actually sounded good because we were close and the set was very well planned. I thought they rushed through"crazy" but it was definitely worth it.

I had practically nosebleed tickets that cost me and my girlfriend at the time $150 a pop. I'm hoping you got a better deal.

Marek

Banned
I need to see Bruce Springsteen before I die. Or more like he dies, or just calls it quits.

He came out during an 80k person bonnaroo headline phish show and played mustang sally into glory days. The boss is Trey's favorite childhood performer so he absolutely ripped it playing face to face with bruuuce. Epic night.

As for concerts I've seen hundreds of shows and chased music for years. I've slowed down a lot since moving west but I still get out there sometimes.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I saw Current 93 in Helsinki.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I had practically nosebleed tickets that cost me and my girlfriend at the time $150 a pop. I'm hoping you got a better deal.

We were in a smaller auditorium and tickets were about $180 each for midway. Wasn't bad but not something I can do often

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Don't go to many concerts anymore. I went to ozzfest in 2003 I think it was and then just a lot of local bands. Saw icp, saw dave brubeck twice before he died and went to a couple festivals here and there. Not really a concert but I recently went to see bill cosby perform. For me its hard to find the time with work, family, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing pearl jam or aaron lewis on his solo acoustic tours or korn. Not many bands nowadays keep me interested. I think I'm stuck in the mid nineties.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I still go to concerts, but not nearly as much as I used to. Honestly not too many of the bands I'm into come around all that often, sometimes the price for tickets is WAY too high, or other times I find out after they already played here. I should get into more local bands.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The last concert I went to was when Judas Priest did their Epitaph tour. Rob Halford and everything. It was a great show. 11/05/2011 in Broomfield, CO.

Also Thin Lizzy was there, they put on a great show. And Black Label, but I pretty much hate those guys. Wylde can shred though.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Went to go see Dick Dale, the King of the Surf Guitar on Saturday.

One of the best live shows I've been to in years. The guy is in his 70's and still kicks tons of ass on his Strat. I was expecting a man worn by age, but he gave it his all and lived up to his title. The guy's skill and precision was amazing. His band was top notch and that was the icing on the cake.

Strongly recommend that anybody looking for a good show of musicianship go see him if you can, before the legend passes away.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I rarely make it out. When i do. i get a nice comfy seat.

i remember i went to some concert a few years ago, got seats close to the front stage (I guess pit area? i dunno, it was near ok) and these old ass senior citizens were right behind us. as soon as the concert starts, everyone stands up and those old people had no idea that's what happens at concerts. i felt bad for them.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Saw the mad caddies this week.
Also, recently saw the pixies with their new bassist.
June looks to be a horrific month,
there's going to be lots of good bands in town then.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Trying to see Down in May if I can get the night off, last show I went to was NIN.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gonna see Fleetwood Mac on their new tour while I still have a chance (John McVie was recently diagnosed with cancer, so who knows... they might not ever tour again).