How many of you geezers still go to concerts?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Of course! Last concert I attended was Danzig. Geezers, lol. I'm 37 and am definitely on the younger end of the scale at most rock shows. I also enjoy live classical music, opera, ballet, etc.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
This guy does, if something peaks my interest.

Last one I went to was Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in NYC. That was probably the most diverse concert crowd that I've ever been a part of. Everything from the type of Harajuku fashion fans to groups of large bearded guys you'd expect at a metal show. Was a fun show.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
In 2013 off the top of my head I went to...

Between the buried and me / coheed and cambria

Glassjaw with balance and composure

United Nations with circle takes the square

I think between the buried and me are playing Friday. Gonna do that if it isn't sold out.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I like to go to at least 1 or 2 shows a year.

Last show i was at was Iron Maiden/Megadeth in 2013

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Last one I went to was Aerosmith in July. I try to attend at least two a year

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Really depends. I only scope out bands I really like or I know have a good live presence. I hate shows where it sounds like the album. I'm not a big fan of concert "culture" with everyone flying into each other and not respecting anyone's space I usually just dance by the soundboard.

Saw Melt-Banana in November, that was a good show. I'll be (most likely) be seeing King Crimson and Outkast this summer

landsharkzero

New Challenger
I see Jimmy Buffett every year. It's always a great experience. I've been going for the last 15 years. I highly recommend going, even if you never heard his music. I don't know anybody that hasn't had a good time.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Last one I went to was a few years ago. I think Sounds of the Underground back in 2009 or so. Might be going to see Lionel Richie with family in June.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I feel bad if I don't go to a concert at least like once a month. I have 5 shows coming up in the next couple of months for sure to go to.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I don't go to many concerts never did actually but I did see weird all yankovic last year. I also got dragged to some music festivals and they are the absolute worst. i would go see pearl jam ,korn ,or alanis moresette if they come around.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
last concert I went to was one of the first stops of the AC/DC farewell tour a couple years ago down here now I here they are making a new album. The show was pretty damn awesome.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I go to concerts very often- a lot of them are very small shows

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This guy does, if something peaks my interest.

Last one I went to was Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in NYC. That was probably the most diverse concert crowd that I've ever been a part of. Everything from the type of Harajuku fashion fans to groups of large bearded guys you'd expect at a metal show. Was a fun show.

I wouldn't mind going to one of her concerts, especially after I saw this video a few years back:

Trippy shit.

Last one I went to was Aerosmith in July. I try to attend at least two a year

How was it?

I saw them when they were touring with Lenny Kravitz a few years back and they were horrible. Mostly because they didn;t play a good set, and Steven Tyler's voice is thrashed.

Lenny, on the other hand, was excellent.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Last one I've went to was back in 2005, Uematsu's on the night before E3.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
My last one was Prince. I like his music, but the pipsqueak is a prick. Pretty sure his backing singers did more than him, plus he made everyone chant his name for fucking ages. Fuck him, he's a cunt, and a small one at that.

Cameo -Word Up was played before hand so after that everything was downhill.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I always do my best to go see Meshuggah, especially after an album release... otherwise I don't go to many shows.

Last few: Bela Fleck, Andrew WK, the Life and Times, Nile, Steely Dan

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Of course! Last concert I attended was Danzig. Geezers, lol. I'm 37 and am definitely on the younger end of the scale at most rock shows. I also enjoy live classical music, opera, ballet, etc.

The last concert I went to was also Danzig in August 2013. It was a Misfits reunion show with Doyle. Best birthday present ever. Thanks wife.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
All the time man. Last concert I went to was the TESLA BOY concert at Empire Control Room in Austin 24. SEPT. 2013. That was probably the best concert I've been to since forever. Going to *THE SOUNDS* when they hit up Austin on 19. April. 2014 at EMO's as well. This time I'm not leaving until I meet, photo op and hangout with Maja.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
This 30 year old geezer's last concert was Morrissey, I believe. The Heartbreaks warmed up, and they were really good.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
The last concert I went to was back in the college days. Small venues are where it's at. I hate massive amphitheaters, the indoor ones are the worst. Way too many people and the music usually sounds like ass.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
This 30 year old geezer's last concert was Morrissey, I believe. The Heartbreaks warmed up, and they were really good.

Morrissey, I'd love to see him. AND he's coming in town soon!

I normally go to rowdy shows.. SKA PUNK primarily, although I went and saw The English Beat last night.. thems some good two-tone. I've seen Reel Big Fish and The Aquabats more times than I can count. I never miss a show.

Best concerts I've been to though were Moby, then Ben Folds.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Morrissey, I'd love to see him. AND he's coming in town soon!

I normally go to rowdy shows.. SKA PUNK primarily, although I went and saw The English Beat last night.. thems some good two-tone.

Yes yes and yes.