CMVS - World War II edition

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Knew you'd get it done! Awesome man, next time I'm round I will steal the wireless modules >:-D ....

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Very cool!

What kind of monitor is that? Looks kinda like a Commodore or Amiga RGB monitor, but I'm guessing it's not.

It is Salora/Luxor 15" tv that had RGB support. I used it as Amiga monitor.

Looking at the stickers on it, were you part of the demo scene?

And yes, I was in demo scene, although for byterapers I think I just released few intros. I started demo coding and cracking games very early, like 13 years old and by I was 17, I was already more interested in girls than computers so I didn't do much then. I tried to get again in the scene when I started at University but just released one small demo and forgot the Amigas for 20 years. I got now two of them. I did some 3D and assembly coding with pc, but just for the school. I found again joy in programming when I started to play with microcontrollers last summer.

Knew you'd get it done! Awesome man, next time I'm round I will steal the wireless modules >:-D ....

Don't worry mate, I'll shrink the design and make some dongles for you.

In fact I just realized that I can probably leave out those 4066s and just use I/O pins as a grounds -> I can shrink receiver board to fit 5x5cm.

Last edited:

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Huh, äijällä on kyllä skillsejä vaikka muille jakaa...Makee cmvs myös tietty!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Very nicely done, I missed this thread

jacket

n00b
^Katsos, uutta verta, päivää. Mitä Neo-sälää omistat?

No päivää :) oon lurkkinu foorumilla jo vuosia ja nyt päätin rekisteröityy et pääsin ostamaan parit pelit tuolta myyntiosiosta ekaan MVS laitteeseeni. AES konsoli mulla on ollut jo pidemmän aikaa ja siihen muutama peli.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
No päivää :) oon lurkkinu foorumilla jo vuosia ja nyt päätin rekisteröityy et pääsin ostamaan parit pelit tuolta myyntiosiosta ekaan MVS laitteeseeni. AES konsoli mulla on ollut jo pidemmän aikaa ja siihen muutama peli.

Asiaa, tervetuloa!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
So I decided that it is time to learn how to make PCBs. I got UV-device, chemicals, UV sensitive boards, just need drill. And to learn kiCad well

13901654764_0fe231bdb2_o.jpg

miisalo

Astra Superstar
It is simplified wireless receiver board. With SMD components, would be even more simplified, but one has to start from somewhere.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Blame RockstartRunner. He thought that original picture of my with my sparring gloves
1979514_10152233129597226_1720552093_n.jpg

is not impressive. Badass like me should fistfuck kittens.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
This.

But I can't stand it anymore not to ask: Why are you fisting a kittin in your avatar?

Because nothing irritates an opponent more than the mixed feelings he gets when a cute kitty hits his chin like a ten ton hammer.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Finally had time to try to make pcb

14140078906_505116986a_z.jpg

14163334494_aaec3d8143_z.jpg

This is just testing how to make a prototype, how small pads I can use to still drill, how can I position both sides close enough etc.

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
Täällähän on ollut kova meno ku ei oo vähään aikaa käynyt tsekkaileen... Hieno idea MVS:n koteloksi.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Finally had time to test my etching machine and solder the pcb. I just did it in bit hurry and there was solder everywhere. Now just need to solder connection for the db15 cable and put that into case

14601199884_c0b0d36d64_c.jpg

I was also bit too fast with etching the pcb and had to "hand fix" two traces. Well, live and learn, next time I need to be more patient.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
brings back memories of school and the shitty etching tank we had.