Connecting Neo Geo to Amplifier

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Hello

I am wondering how do I connect a Neo Geo MV1F board to an amplifier with speakers? Most recommendations i've gotten so far is to connect it directly from the stereo 4 pin amplified header to my amplifier (but turn down the volume pot really low).

There has to be a better way than this right? Are there any repercussions to my jamma board/amp if i go this route?

I've read up about line level converters, but none seem to fit the bill for what I need.

My end goal is to have all my games be connected to my amp+speakers (even jamma mono ones as well)

Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Were you looking for a device that has the RCA output jacks on it and also have an inlet to attenuate the audio coming in and be adjustable. I can make an inline device but would need to know how you want the jamma harness audio to work.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Basically I am looking to take amplified sound signals from my Turtles in Time board (konami) and Neo Geo Stereo to go to an amplifier with RCA jacks. Right now that is my main goal.

For the jamma audio, I am fine with it now since only 2-3 of my boards have mono on my Egret II. I would need a jamma extension (which would be nice since the Egret II one is pretty short.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Basically I am looking to take amplified sound signals from my Turtles in Time board (konami) and Neo Geo Stereo to go to an amplifier with RCA jacks. Right now that is my main goal.

For the jamma audio, I am fine with it now since only 2-3 of my boards have mono on my Egret II. I would need a jamma extension (which would be nice since the Egret II one is pretty short.

You and I have already talked about this, just get any line level converter.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Which means the cables you sell wouldn't work with the chinamanese adapters unfortunately :(. I would then need to wire up their end to rca female, yours male and connect them. Or wire it up directly to the connector on the pcb(which would only work for one pcb and would have to source those four pin connectors). I really just wanted a plug and play solution.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Which means the cables you sell wouldn't work with the chinamanese adapters unfortunately :(. I would then need to wire up their end to rca female, yours male and connect them. Or wire it up directly to the connector on the pcb(which would only work for one pcb and would have to source those four pin connectors). I really just wanted a plug and play solution.

No you could use quick disconnects. Just make sure you wire up the pinouts right.