AF2 > 1945+ ?

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I like Strikers 1945+ better than AF2, maybe its the amazing 3D intro video?

I find the pacing more suitable to my play style, and I like the vehicle choices.

powerflower

Banned
All Psykio/V-System games shooters suck. Why? Too short and max weapon power just for limited time. Go figure Taito/G.Rev, Konami and my ass.

You all are wellcome. Only thing that impressed me was this intro...

Now let's have a look how Taito rolls...

Gun Frontier and Project GF2 aka Metal Black tells a true story human kind is struggling since aeons...

It is time to kick that evil bastards out of everything! In fact out of our universe.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Sorry tried them all, still they suck...

Darius Gaiden, Metal Black, Gun Frontier, Border Down, G-Darius, RaidenII, any Cave shmups, Gradius...

What are you talking about?

It is not uneducated EG. Shmups are my religion, so I do know what I am talking about. Of course it is a subjective opinion but please all Psykio games do not come any close to Taito bless or even ASOII.

Now please go figure and HEAR Gradius5 and tell me something about V-System/Psykio...

Tip. Check out G-Darius middle ending (think it is X)...that's lightyears ahead of V-System and anything else. No it is just beautiful but sad at the same time and has something to tell what really matters in life.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is extremely uneducated 'cause you are generalizing, VS and Psikyo have a total different power up system, just starting with that makes your opinion completely uneducated.

Edit: Comparing isn't going to validate your opinion, it just makes it clearer that you don't know what you are talking about. There's no problem in your opinion, it's yours, the problem is your critique, it's wrong. I'm not saying that psikyo or vs are better than Taito or viceversa, all I'm saying is that is clear you don't know how psikyo powerup system works.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
EG, I am not generalizing. Have all them Psykio games on Saturn except one or two.

Mame is my friend so I played nearly all shmups (2D) ever created. I think it is ok to say V-S sucks. You have to deal with my opinion. That doesn't mean you have to comply, see?

For me a shmup has to bring emotions, a story to me something that I can identify with. So yeah opinions are subjective, accept that.

Where are the scores to back that up? Oh, I get it... suddenly you're an atheist.

Nice try ;)

Guess what? At the end of the day, sorry, my live I am alone with me. Hope that helped.

That was low. I do that things too but I know I fucked up. Do you?

Fun fact, Gun Frontier and Metal Black tells the story why we humans are struggling and who these evil bastards are. It goes far more than your little (sorry) imagination goes...

Now let us talk where we came from, WHO created US. You should take a lesson in being humble.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Forget all that, what you are saying is that the power up system of psikyo is just like VS which isn't true at all.

I get where you are coming from but the start of your argument is wrong, dunno what else to say about that

powerflower

Banned
It is just a feeling when I play them. They are polished and I love that horizontal one...Didn't wanna step on someones toes. Just speaking my mind. No disrespect to Psikyo (finally correct haha).

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Edit: Comparing isn't going to validate your opinion, it just makes it clearer that you don't know what you are talking about. There's no problem in your opinion, it's yours, the problem is your critique, it's wrong. I'm not saying that psikyo or vs are better than Taito or viceversa, all I'm saying is that is clear you don't know how psikyo powerup system works.

Hmm,maybe I should give it a try again...cause all shooters are great. "god" bless.

I like your mindset...

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Powerflower, I'm disappointed in you. I used to think you were cool.

You know that these "short" games loop right?

:-J:-J:-J:-J Scruby??

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Ahh the noes. Now you too think that I am not awesome? No worries, I'm cool as ever ;)

Yes I know they loop. Gradius does that too, endless I think.

But I have to admit that horizontal one...hmm...checking Mame..ahh Sengoku Blade/Tengai is really nice to play and watch.

Are we kewl again?? In reality I'm even more cool and stuff. I mean I have the power of all flowers and a touch of megalomania, haha! So all arguments are invalid... *smooch*

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Puhh, that was close. Here have some flowers :) But still not convinced 100%, hmmm....

Now dear mods I need the links for the romz to check out Psykio. Just kidding, have them all anyway. Emu is paradise ;)

I knew as much, kthx.

Come on, that is low. Taking stuff out of context... That's no fun. You can do better.

On a side note: Why no love for ASOII? It's so genuine SNK and the OST is genius. Yamaha 2610 for the win.

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I think both of these games are really awesome, it's hard for me to pick a favorite. Probably the top 2 shmups on the system honestly.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Taking stuff out of context...

The context were scores and you can't deliver, ergo the quote I picked. Of course there's no harm in babbling straplines about Zuntata, along with the obvious name dropping, easy to acquire within the internet age. Alas, for serenity's sake, cheap talking is your religion then, ...about anything, really.

powerflower

Banned
Nope no I-Net back then. Love my Zuntata Metal Black OST bought back in the day in Japan.

Now let's have a look at Sega SST Band in 2012. Check out the bass solo (Thunder Blade) from 1:07:30 on.

Oh now pf got it, haha!

My scores? Every meaningful shmup you can imagine in my posession. Sapphire, Lords, Gates, Image Fight, Pulstar, M.U.S.H.A, Denin Aleste, Astro Warrior, flooping Gunhed...are you cereal?? I grew up with shmups, pls don't tell me. I know them all, played them all except some of them. Nobody is perfect, even me ;)

Hmm, let's have a look on my PCB wall...G-Darius, Gradius2, Carrier Airwing, Twin EagleII, fucking Namco Nebulasray, Tatsujin Oh/2...

Am I cool now ;)

For your info, pf doesn't screw around when it comes to shmups. I'm cereal! :)

How about beating Image Fight you ding dong, ha? Good luck!

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
For your info, pf doesn't screw around when it comes to shmups.

That's why you're talking about them in third person? Yes, pf is cool but... who r u?

Anyway, emulation freed the world of video game related tenures, and if owning every relevant STG makes one a shooot'em up believer, than any petty collector can claim that this is his religion. Merely a shelved experience that is.

You can throw tube vids you did not upload yourself and cheap talk about games you have no highscores for all day long... like all those poor radicals in Zabriskie Points opening, like you were ready to die for shmups or something. Well, as Frechette said: I for myself am ready to die, too... but not of boredom.

There is at least a silver lining. You could be the panacea for insomnia. And nothing's wrong with that...

powerflower

Banned
Third person is just to not take myself too cereal ;)

And believe me, shmups are No1 in my gaming life. Understand already?? No blabbering, fucking playing and enjoying them for decades. Did you purchase Image Fight back in the day for fucking 500 at age 16? No ? Now consider what you are implying/talking about. I did Darius Gaiden with two BIG speakers in Akihabara on a 50" 4:3 rear pro screen....Don't tell me I am not Shmup to the bone, k?

Again I LOVE SHMUPS. Got that? Hard to believe? I HAZ SAPPHIRE on...? (google mal schön...) PF cool now in your books? Now google Nebulasray and its hardware.
Btw I think I know, no, I know much more about any fucking HW than you do. Any idea how NG works? See?

And how did Sega manage to rotate the GFX in Galaxy with fucking three 68000 CPUs?

Go back to school. Just be humble and you will learn ;)

How about starting about the magics of Taito F2 hardware, ha? And with a blink of an eye (and 5000 Euros) I could have a Darius Burst right now in my home. See how silly you look?

Don't wanna be mean. But don't question my shmup thingy. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Hey powerflower perhaps you should try Sol Divide (Psikyo), it might be right up your alley :D

Discussing which shooters are good and which are crap is a lot like having a preference on how you like your eggs prepared. Psikyo is sorta like scrambled eggs, quick to prepare, or play through, very straightforward and reliable, nothing too complex and hits the spot. Horis like Gradius, Darius, R-type, well they're more of an omelet which takes more time and steadiness to enjoy. Raizing is deviled eggs for obvious reasons.

For the record, Srikers1945+ and Aero Fighters 2 are both pretty mediocre in my book.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
And believe me, shmups are No1 in my gaming life. Understand already??

Ahhh, powerflower... seeing you talking about STGs reminds me of an old geezer talking 'bout sex. For either of you it's just a theoretical concept each.

And while I can understand the methuselah, for we'll all get there one day, your reluctance to back up your internet cheap talk about the most popular genre among video games is just... cheap talk.

And yes, by all means get beastly. I gather that your self-proclaimed peace, love & nappines outlook is just a storefront. As your shooter love is.