AF2 > 1945+ ?

Mero

New Challenger
AF2/SW2 is a great game, possibly the best vertizontal STG on the Neo.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
The part I don't like about AF2 is that you automatically get downgraded a few seconds after reaching maximum firepower.

If the game integrated some system were you have to avoid a certain enemy that just takes the max upgrade, that would've been fine. It's absolutely unnecessary in some sections of the game where you max upgrade and there are no enemies to use it on.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
The thing in your diagram labeled as "head" looks more like a ball sack. That's more consistent with its location, as well.

Well I didn't think it could get any worse. Kudos to you.

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
In my cabinet now I have 1945 plus I love the clean feel to this game and that it is presented in a more traditional vertical format. Also has great explosions graphics moves fast and a superior selection of aircraft reminiscent to classic games like 1942 and other capcom World War II vert shooters. That being said af2 and af3 are also in my collection and are very entertaining their downfall is the less traditional vertical horizontal format making precise movement more challenging, at least for me. Graphically speaking both 2 and 3 are quite good. The levels are a bit on the short side and the final boss on 2 is a bit frustrating. To sum it up I would have to say strikers 1945 plus wins I out on a system not really designed for vert shmups.image.jpg

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Aero Fighters 2 was the first MVS game I ever bought, and one of my favorite games on the system... for many reasons. I still think Strikers 1945 Plus is the better game, though. I'm not going to make an idiot's choice... Why choose? Love'em both!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think that's rad.

How many bosses do you get to shoot in the nuts. :D

Tanuko_the_Tanuki.png

big_cype

n00b
Aero fighters 2 was one if the first carts I bought for my MVS cabinet because of remembering playing it in arcades. But after reading this thread I'm going to have to get 1945 now too. Maybe I'll just get that multi cart I've been thinking about so I can decide what to collect.
I do agree that when I'm not worried about limited quarters like I used to be, the levels are a bit short.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
AF2 for it's simplistic design and short levels are easier for a novice to pick up, but for the experienced shooter fan I would say Strykers 1945+ is the better overall experience of the 2.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Like AF2, love Strikers. AF2 has better music but everything else is superior with Strikers.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Strikers+ is the only reason I use the awful smelling Chinese laundromat down the street, so it gets my vote.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Looks like someone wants to use the marketplace...

Me? I looked at some threads but I have been getting stuff I want off eBay. Knowledge from this place also kept me from giving money to known scammers and Flippers so I have been looking at the feedback page a lot. I can see why you are concerned though. Sorry about that.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Strikers 1945 plus for me too. AF2 is too goofy, a good game, but I'd rather my SHMUPs be more serious. The setting of Strikers is way more interesting to me, WW2 era stuff fighting mechas and aliens and shit, it's pretty awesome.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Owning both carts, I'd have a much easier time selling AF2. Strikers is just more my style.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I have my own reasons, based on science

so ? You found out that it´s not Lupus ? It´s never Lupus ! Maybe it is Langerhans cell histiocytosis.

But besides that: Strikers 1945+ rules ! :)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I'm going to be the cheater that admits Strikers Plus is more fun once Auto-Fire C is turned on. Aero Fighters 2 is really the better game because it has Dolphin Lord, Flying Baby, the Ninja and Steve The Girl. Strikers Plus is more faceless and has sidebars. Used to grind AF2, years later had a SPlus obsession and now rarely play either.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
AF2 is way better--the reason? It was a prophecy of the future crafted either by clairvoyance or divine inspiration.

Way back in 1994 they knew the World Trade Center would blow up, and were trying to warn us.
But not only did they know that, they also knew the cause of 9/11 would be an airplane--not just any old airplane--but a military fighter jet.
And they also knew, if you've been following the news, that the military jet fighter would, of course, be piloted by--none other than a talking dolphin.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying it was the dolphins here, but when a rational person puts all the clues together, what other answer is there? Dolphins...trying to get us to fight each other instead of them. Illuminati, false flag, reserve banking, chemtrails, and capricorn freaking one...

I rest my case.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
AF2 is way better--the reason? It was a prophecy of the future crafted either by clairvoyance or divine inspiration.

Way back in 1994 they knew the World Trade Center would blow up, and were trying to warn us.
But not only did they know that, they also knew the cause of 9/11 would be an airplane--not just any old airplane--but a military fighter jet.
And they also knew, if you've been following the news, that the military jet fighter would, of course, be piloted by--none other than a talking dolphin.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying it was the dolphins here, but when a rational person puts all the clues together, what other answer is there? Dolphins...trying to get us to fight each other instead of them. Illuminati, false flag, reserve banking, chemtrails, and capricorn freaking one...

I rest my case.

Hah?

Seriously though, it depends on my mood to see whats going to see more action.. I love AF2 for a simple, goofy good time, although I suck at shmups and get irritated by the last level restarting every single death. Also, a monkey as a final boss seemed kinda weird.

Strikers is an awesome game though, and without the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia, i make it the superior shooter for me.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Also, a monkey as a final boss seemed kinda weird.

We should not fault the Aero Fighters saga simply because we are unable to, as of yet, understand all the prophecies that it has shared with the human race. Its mysteries will invariably become clearer as we approach their eventual transpiration. Beware the mahjong tile in the schoolgirl outfit--for it is surely a sign of the end times.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Strikers has to have probably the best sounding drum sets of any shooter in the Neo.

Those boss 3 & 5 stage bgm's are nuts. It gets you pumped in the action.
Aero Fighters 2 has less strategy that Strikers.
However, I like a lot the jets in AF2.

Strikers gets you more into "score whore" mode than Aero Fighters 2.
Strikers gets my vote.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Guys, this debate was decided months ago:
AF2 > Strikers 1945+.

Just let it go