AF2 > 1945+ ?

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Sonic Wings 3 is better than both. Many different patterns, always if i play the game i see something different basically always a different stage. Anyways any Sonic Wings/AF > 1945, the Sonic Wings series has funny characters with different crazy abilities. 1945+ has just better graphics but its kinda soulless.

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
For Sonic Wings games, my favorite is Limited. Trying to keep track of how long everything's been on the screen to maximize points is pretty mind-bending. With several branching paths there's a ton of content as well.

slap_fight

n00b
Sonic Wings 3 is better than both. Many different patterns, always if i play the game i see something different basically always a different stage. Anyways any Sonic Wings/AF > 1945, the Sonic Wings series has funny characters with different crazy abilities. 1945+ has just better graphics but its kinda soulless.
Strikers Plus is just a remix of Strikers 1 & (mainly) 2. It's quite challenging and is alright. It's a bit old hat now. Aero Fighters 2 is a fair comparison. Straight forward and can be quite challenging early on, much like Plus. The two games a very similar and it would hard for me to say which is better. Both are good at the end of the day.

Sonic Wings 3/Aero Fighters 3 on the other hand I'd say takes the cake from either. Lots of variety, decent difficulty curve and more prevalent Video System humour make it the more appealing choice.

Sonic Wings Limited is decent although I never liked the pilot/aircraft selection much - everyone seemed the same. SW3/AF3 on the other hand is quite dynamic, especially considering the secret characters.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
I prefer AF2 because it has a roller coaster. That is why I bought it (seriously!)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I hope this robo body works as well as the old one.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Strikers+ all the way, no fucking comparison in no aspect whatsoever. Them people saying the game is ugly need an eye exam, just 'cause it's not Strikers I or II doesn't diminish the game, it still a pretty damn good shooter, different bullet patterns than your typical Strikers game, Strikers 1999/III took on some of the bullet patterns too.

AF2 is great, I love it, is it prettier? No, is it better? No, fuck the game is great but stop deluding yourselves with this bullshit you blind fucking hipsters.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Strikers+ all the way, no fucking comparison in no aspect whatsoever. Them people saying the game is ugly need an eye exam, just 'cause it's not Strikers I or II doesn't diminish the game, it still a pretty damn good shooter, different bullet patterns than your typical Strikers game, Strikers 1999/III took on some of the bullet patterns too.

AF2 is great, I love it, is it prettier? No, is it better? No, fuck the game is great but stop deluding yourselves with this bullshit you blind fucking hipsters.

This!

Strikers boss BGM's alone > Aero Fighters.
And Aero Fighters rocks a lot.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Am I the only one who thinks that the whole Aero Fighters series is pretty meh?

Strikers 1945 shouldn't have been ported to the Neo Geo imo. The colors are off and it shows. The game itself is okay though. It's like Psikyo hired some danmaku devs to redo all the bullet paterns.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Aero Fighters is mostly a joke series that doesn't take itself seriously. They made it even more obvious in 3...just play long enough into the second loop and you'll see.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I would disagree that Strikers + is better than AF 2 and 3, but Strikers 1945 2 is better than any of them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, I can't argue with that. Strikers is certainly missing the personality of AF.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I prefer AF2 & 3 to 1945, i think AeroFighters/Sonic Wings series is better.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Strikers is total garbage.

Ghost Pilots > Strikers

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I like them all, Strikers 45 is the Michael Bay of 40's series.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
AF2 is Nes double dragon, 1945 is sms double dragon..

Does that make sense to you?! If so we just became best friends.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Strikers > Aero Fighters, but damn they're both good series. Much better than the bullet hell crap that's out these days.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's what I was thinking... :spock:

Anyway, I've not played Strikers 1945+, but I have played Strikers 1945 and Strikers 1945 2, and Sonic Wings 2.

While I do enjoy playing Sonic Wings 2, in my opinion it is not as good as Strikers 1945 1 & 2. Just as X > 2. Nuff said.
So true old friend, all so true. I think you'll like Strikers 1945+ more than AF2, both good games but 45+ gets mild critic from some, everyone loves AF2 but like said before 1945+ does more you and it feels more challenging although both games are plenty challenging for me. 1945+ Rapid C is a nice + and the different ships vary from their Strikers PCBs counterparts, pretty cool game for the Neo IMHO.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
So true old friend, all so true. I think you'll like Strikers 1945+ more than AF2, both good games but 45+ gets mild critic from some, everyone loves AF2 but like said before 1945+ does more you and it feels more challenging although both games are plenty challenging for me. 1945+ Rapid C is a nice + and the different ships vary from their Strikers PCBs counterparts, pretty cool game for the Neo IMHO.
Shame it's MVS only though.

Would really like a copy of this game and don't want a conversion, nor do I want a convertor thing going into my AES.

An OMEGA then, for the MVS exclusives. One day... eh? I'll get ShockTroopers and PIsle 2 as well...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like both games but prefer AF2, the yoko thing works better in it than in Strikers+ IMO.

Now if we're talking about AF2 vs Strikers 1945 II there would be no contest, Strikers would win by a landslide.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Strikers 1945 III has the bullet patterns from 45+, Strikers II has bullet patterns consistent with Strikers I, you know classic Psykio fast bullet patterns and triangle formations. Strikers 1999 and 45+ have the slow almost target bullet patterns, busy and cool in my opinion. Strikers is a great series as is AF.