AF2 > 1945+ ?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Much in the same vein that it's been established X > 2, I'm inclined to say that Aero Fighters 2 is greater than Strikers 1945+.

I have my own reasons, based on science, but it is a close decision and I thought I'd open this one up to debate.

AF2>1945+

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Maybe better than plus, but certainly not better than vanilla or 2. Strikers that is.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I gotta replay both again but I liked AF2 more than strikers 1945+. Just cuz n Japanese mode it was a kansai speaking dolphin. And nothing beats a kansai speaking dolphin.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
In my opinion, no way. I have and enjoy both MVS carts, but the stages in AF2 are way, way too short. I understand that it's just how the series is, with short stages and lots of boss battles, but I don't care for it. I enjoy the "bullet hell" atmosphere of Strikers. I also think that the boss battles are harder. Overall I think the game is much harder, but in a way that compels me to keep starting again every time I get game over'ed. AF2 doesn't make me feel that way. I get bored of it pretty quickly and switch back to Strikers. The only thing in my opinion that sucks about strikers is that they took a game that was meant to be played on a rotated monitor and squashed it down into a non-rotated one, but they had no choice. And since I don't have a supergun or a JAMMA cab, this is the only way that I get to play a Strikers game without using emulation, which I hate.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I grew up with an AF2 at a local arcade near me, so it holds a dear soft spot in my heart. I agree, though, that the levels are way too short and there was a lot of missed potential. I enjoy the game, but wish there was more.

"I have my own reasons, based on science, but it is a close decision and I thought I'd open this one up to debate."

I would like to see this science, you have intrigued me.

geise

Mickey's Coach
1945+ is just too slow for me. I will take AF2 over it for a quick pick up and play shooter. I also like the music a lot more.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I would argue that they both have short levels.

Striker's color palette is often drab and ugly.

AF2 is funny

AF2 often has something interactive in a stage e.g. ferris wheel coming loose, blowing up the twin towers, etc.

The only thing I like with Strikers is the shiny gold gimmick. That in itself makes it a really close call in my book. But in the end, 1945+ just too ugly and miserable an atmosphere. You are already getting a watered down shooting game experience to some extent on the Neo; I'd rather do it in the AF universe.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Oh, I don't know about that.

I just love the WW theme with transforming mecha. And

The last boss is a real ass hole. And,

The 2nd loop is a challenge.

Last edited:

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Af2 last boss was like a sayan monkey then it was a fucking pudding.
Strikers 1945+ last boss is a giant alien goatse.
What other game lets you shoot bullets into a Giant Alien Goatse ?
Sure, a talking dolphin is pretty weird, but is it weirder than a Giant Alien Goatse.

G i a n t A l i e n G o a t s e

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The thing in your diagram labeled as "head" looks more like a ball sack. That's more consistent with its location, as well.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I prefer strikers over AF2 for it's smoothness and bullet density. The last level and bosses on AF2 is just straight up bullshit, the rest of the game is decent don't get me wrong but strikers is in a different league.

Last edited:

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I prefer strikers over AF2 for it's smoothness and bullet density. The last level and bosses on AF2 is just straight up bullshit, the rest of the game is decent don't get me wrong but strikers is in a different league.

Strikers is definitely a skill-based game. Not only that, at least you can see where you fucked up on the screen, unlike AF2, where cheap deaths thrive in the environment.

Granted I do like the selection of pilots in AF2, but as ballz said, Strikers is in a league of its own.

AF2/Strikers crossover, anyone?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I prefer AF2, but I think Strikers is an objectively better game.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I like Strikers better. AF2 is a great shooter, but I just prefer the tightness of Strikers. It's all about the tightness...

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I only own Strikers 1945 I & II (for SAT/PS1). I would really like to grab 1945+ at some point, but I'm only into home carts at the moment and don't own a PSP.

I own AF2 (& AF3) and, have to say, based on my experiences with 1945 I & II, I'm expecting 45+ to be the better game...

geise

Mickey's Coach
I think 1945 I & II are a lot better t han 1945+. 1945+ is a good game, but I prefer the first two over it.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Suddenly glad I haven't made it to the end of Strikers + yet.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Oh, has it now?

That's what I was thinking... :spock:

Anyway, I've not played Strikers 1945+, but I have played Strikers 1945 and Strikers 1945 2, and Sonic Wings 2.

While I do enjoy playing Sonic Wings 2, in my opinion it is not as good as Strikers 1945 1 & 2. Just as X > 2. Nuff said.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Strikers always has my vote for those great experimental WWII aircraft, and yeah, for being the overall better game.

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Like af2 more because of sentimental values,but Strikers is probably better.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The part I don't like about AF2 is that you automatically get downgraded a few seconds after reaching maximum firepower.