Aliexpress

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Has anyone ever used aliexpress before. I ordered a atomiswave bootleg on Jan 31 and it's still awaiting shipment. Does it usually take this long or should I cancel this order and try a different seller? The supplier is I-Chun Chen.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have ordered a few Atomiswave boots, and it does take some time, but it varies a bit from seller to seller. Typically, it's taken a week or so for the seller to actually ship the item, and a couple of weeks to get here by slow airmail.

I just checked my orders, and I ordered a MS6 boot from that same seller, and they left me a message that they were off for holiday until Feb 10th. They are probably trying to catch up on orders now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I see. That might explain it. I never received a message from them. I'll wait another week and see what happens.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Yeah - check the listing - was there some small print about the Chinese new year.

I have done two orders on Aliexpress...

First one was fine.

Second one, the seller substituted the game for a different one, without telling me. They then were surprised when I asked for a refund saying "You are a bad person - we know you can still enjoy this game also".

Which is ridiculous....

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I made my first Alixpress order for some Atomiswave games in early November and never received them. After a few back and forth discussions, they are supposedly issuing a refund. I haven't seen it yet though. It was the same seller you used. I was actually wondering if I should order the games from another seller or stay away from AliXpress. I've had my eye on a Neon Atari sign that a few sellers offer, so I don't know. I guess if I actually get my refund I will try again.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If I were you, I might wait to see if they issue a refund. I wouldn't hold Alixpress at fault for a scumbag seller unless they don't back you up. Just like on Amazon, their are a lot of shitty marketplace sellers but you can usually buy with confidence since Amazon will refund you with the quickness if there is a problem.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I'm not mad at Ali. I'm just leery to try again and potentially wait 3 more months and still not have any games to play. I will let you know if the refund comes through..

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Both times I ordered from that site I had good experiences, but then again I'd already heard good things about the sellers I bought from.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah - check the listing - was there some small print about the Chinese new year.

I have done two orders on Aliexpress...

First one was fine.

Second one, the seller substituted the game for a different one, without telling me. They then were surprised when I asked for a refund saying "You are a bad person - we know you can still enjoy this game also".

Which is ridiculous....

As soon as I saw you are a bad person, PayPal would be open and the chargeback button would be mega clicked.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Both times I ordered from that site I had good experiences, but then again I'd already heard good things about the sellers I bought from.

Which seller did you use?

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
Well, my refund came through, so the buyer protection definitely works. I had ordered from I-CHUN Chen though and never received my order. Maybe I am just unlucky and my order was the one time they messed up? Not sure. I can only speak to my own experience.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I look through their cheap replica/fake guitar section from time to time. There's some cool stuff I'd like to get and mod, but I'm always afraid I'd never get it, and thought the buyer protection plan they had was dubious. Glad to know people are getting refunds.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Sent a message yesterday to I-CHUN and he responded this morning.

I-CHUN Chen: Hello,♥the goods will be transferred from agent to your address♥tomorrow. Sorry, the board was out of stock.♥Thank you

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Got my cart a few days ago in the mail. Once it was shipped it did not take long to get here.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Do they take Paypal or only CC and money orders?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No PayPal, just CC. Make sure your credit card can process overseas transactions, I have to make sure I use the right one or my bank throws up a fraud flag.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Paypal banned the site some time ago because of problems with shitty sellers .

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Really? I had no idea, but I'm not surprised. That's probably why they use the weird escrow system so that sellers don't get paid until the customer is happy.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I paid for two orders.

A month and a half ago.
It was the first and last time I have ever dealt on that site.

I just used the "open dispute" to get refunded.
I got an auto e-mail from them saying that the seller "refused" the dispute... LOL

WTF ? Seriously ?

Stay away from that site.
It stinks like crook in every byte they upload.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's funny how Alibaba is the name of a thief, and they used that as the name of their site. Fittingly so.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I love all the mega bootleg stuff they have, it's always entertaining to browse. I remember those "tekken 5" and "Mortal kombat 9" arcade boards who were just repackaged ps3s in a big computer case with tons of adapters!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've bought a Blue Elf, 120-1 and a few famicom carts over the years without any problems. It sounds like I was lucky to deal with the honest sellers.