Shawn - $499 prize for designing a Neo-Geo game title logo!

Shawn

snkusa.com
Apply your creativity to design a logo for the following Neo-Geo home cartridge. For full details of the contest along with entry submissions, see here at 99designs.com. Finalists to be chosen by February 17th, so act fast. Winning logo will be printed on the front of the insert packaging, spine of the packaging, and on the cartridge sticker.

​Even if you're not competing, you can participate by voting on your favorite design after the finalists are selected.

Rough draft of insert (stripes will likely be holographic to best represent the full spectrum of genre colors & NEO GEO logo to be gold foil):
161-insert-draft.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Just a quick suggestion, the cover art itself (not the logo) would look great if it mimicked World Heroes 2's filmstrips, with either game title screens or game artwork featured.

I might submit a logo if I get a good idea.

Shawn

snkusa.com
WH2 template does make sense from the sheer volume of screenshots or arts that can be crammed into the filmstrips. Will consider that, thanks. Current template favors SSV Special, which is a favorite:
Samurai_Shodown_V_Special_(cover).jpg

Hope to see some participation from the local community. Everyone here will be open to vote to help select the finalists and ultimately the winner. It would be great if the $499 prize went to one of our own.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
wheres mikey? he needs prosthetic foot money.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Shawn, you might as well have 'em change my forum name to ShitHead cuz I'm gonna be all up in that ass on this. FOR REAL.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Just a quick suggestion, the cover art itself (not the logo) would look great if it mimicked World Heroes 2's filmstrips, with either game title screens or game artwork featured.

I might submit a logo if I get a good idea.

When I saw the 4 screens I thought somewhat the same, not filmstrips, just fill with title screens or insert-fronts on an angle.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Man... 4 days to learn how a new career as a graphic designer...

This is gonna be hard:D

xROTx

This is a really cool idea, to bad I suck at making logos. This is coming from a guy that took 3 years of graphic arts.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
just because everyone expects me to:
The 161-in-1 is a fucking bootleg. Fuck this weak shit.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
161 in 1 - lame.

Congrats to the winner already. I want $500.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Somebody is off to a bad start in this contest. Two of the entries (by the same person) say 16 in 1. :keke:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
LMAO

We get a prize for designing a cover to a bootleg multicart converted from MVS to AES by DavidG.

I can't believe you are still doing business with him after all of this.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
just because everyone expects me to:
The 161-in-1 is a fucking bootleg. Fuck this weak shit.

LMAO

We get a prize for designing a cover to a bootleg multicart converted from MVS to AES by DavidG.

THIS.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This would make a pretty good cover:
jolly-roger.jpg

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I'm surprised how timid you guys are in this thread...or maybe just too busy?

The cart should read:

"Neo Scammerman's 161 in 1 multi-con"
"brought to you by: wealthy scammed europeans and David 'Jason Young' Garrett"

And have a picture of Tonks minty bank transfers for the picture.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
LMAO

As long as he's not meeting people at the Pittsburgh airport or, accepting non-refundable commissions to sell the games, Shawn doesn't see anything wrong with it.

No, seriously. That's what he actually thinks.

Jon

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Ohhhhh shit. Will Shawn leave up the inevitable entries that have cover art of a storage locker, Beamer engine, and or AF3? I actually wanna see how creative the community can get. :)

Last edited: