Kesämiitti Vantaalla - Summer meeting at Vantaa?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
So, anybody interested in another meeting in the spring/summer/autumn?

My house seems to work well as place to meet and in the summer we could also include other activities like BBQ.

I accidentally the whole CDZ (is it bad?) just to play games with my kids and I just ordered the last connectors I need to start to build the CMVS, so we have more hardware available here next time. Also I could arrange the family to be at summer cottage, leaving us with two TVs and two projectors.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
When am i not at your place? I should start leaving some stuff there or something ;)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
When am i not at your place? I should start leaving some stuff there or something ;)

If you bring your toothbrush, I think my wife might get suspicious :lol:

But seriously, any suggestions about time? Before, on or after summer holiday.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Sure, I'm in. :) Summer could be good.

If you wanted a Neo-Geo CD just for the computer link-up (and therefore you'd need an older model), I'm sure we could work out some deal with me getting the CDZ and paying some money in between, and you getting the older model. ;) But I have this flaw of being a collector, so the CDZ would have to have it's box and manual, does it?

hartcw

n00b
Me too, I can bring my MVS if needed.

Does anyone else have a Neo Geo Pocket Color? It might be fun to get a link cable and try some multiplayer games, I've never tried that before.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
There are now 2 more CDZ systems in Suomi that I know of, I'm looking at one of them now :-D

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Does anyone else have a Neo Geo Pocket Color? It might be fun to get a link cable and try some multiplayer games, I've never tried that before.

I do, though I only have one game, Metal Slug 1.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I just hope that I have my CMVS ready before summer. I yesterday started to build case from aluco panel and noticed that my jigsaw was damaged and it fucked up the material that I had.

Oh well, maybe I'll just get few of these and make proper case for playing the metal slug...I would prefer NATO boxes, but they are to small.

So is June or July better for the meeting?

Edit: I have good feeling about this:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/12750786684_f2cf49fb1b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I will know my summer holiday schedule a week or two from now and then I will know when I could possibly make it. It is very likely that I will have early june off work at least... not sure about late june just yet.

Let´s see if I can make it this time :)

would be nice to try league bowling link up play. I have one cart and cmvs... would need another cart and some cable(s) maybe

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
weeks 20-24 will be my holiday time this year... might be too early for you guys :(

on the other hand, June 14th-15th would be good for me

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
During the month leading to that date I've had not one but two other gaming related weekends, so I'm sure my wife wouldn't like me running off again. :)

It's still possible I could come, but I just can't confirm it at this point, I'll have to see closer to the date.

Nice Naomi! I had two of those bad boys, but had to sell them when we moved. Where did you get it, for how much?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its going to be a few more weeks before I can give a defo answer on dates.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I remember your Naomi cabs, so sweet *dreaming*
We picked it up from Espoo, bought from a listing on Huuto for €850 (Cab, Naomi w/ GD Rom, 8 or so games)

miisalo

Astra Superstar
That date is not only we could have it. I was trying to settle one that mendel could visit. But if that is no no for finngamer and razoola, we can pick another date.

I fucking love that cab. I want more (even we jamma enable that) I can fit few here if I get rid of the sofa.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Any weekend earlier than that would be also fine by me. if its going to be later then probably I will have to skip this meeting and plan for the next one.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Ok, it is time to decide do we have meeting or not on 14th/15th of June. If it is bad date, lets skip it and try again in the Autumn. Or we can just hold mini meeting.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
My wife is going to travel on monday so the meeting is Friday/Saturday if possible so I'm recovered before that :) We are going to have something here even if we have to be together with RockstarRunner (mmmmm... :mr_t:)

Please, inform me on doodle if you can participate

http://doodle.com/82etc5g38cm4yxu6

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I will be there for sure. I´m thinking about what stuff I should bring. Does jamma games work on some cab or supergun that you will have there?
Also, shall I bring some beer?
Then there´s an issue of how I will find my way there, unfortunately I dont currently have any navigator and my galaxy s phone is broken and Im using a crappy backup phone.
I think my ipad 2 has some kind of map thingie though. :)
Maybe though it would be best to think of an easy place that I can find and meet you at and then go from there to your place.

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I will be there for sure. I´m thinking about what stuff I should bring. Does jamma games work on some cab or supergun that you will have there?

Jamma pcbs can be connected to our cab now. I don't have supergun, only my cmvs.

Also, shall I bring some beer?

Finns have meeting, what do you think? :mr_t:

I will buy some for all, but please bring your favorite beer.

Maybe though it would be best to think of an easy place that I can find and meet you at and then go from there to your place.

Gimme the direction where your are coming and I'll make instructions. This place is almost next to Lahden moottoritie and easy to find. I can also meet in some easier place. If want to travel by train, that is ok too, if you can get yourself to Tikkurila railwaystation. Rockstarrunner or I could pick you up.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
if you can get yourself to Tikkurila railwaystation. Rockstarrunner or I could pick you up.
Yeah, if it helps that's no problemo.

Come on, you other guys! Tempus Fugit

Last edited:

TaiDOmi

Mr. Big's Thug
I maybe could participate on Friday 13th or on Saturday 14th. Must talk to wife first of course. ;) 14th is our wedding day. :eek_2: