Larrabee's Growing MVS Collection

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Picked up one of shadowkn55's OMEGAs and have gotten back into MVS collecting HARD. Only games I had before two weeks ago were Magical Drop 2, World Heroes 2 JET, and Sam Show IV.

Waiting on a shipment of shockboxes and a few more games in the mail (Metal Slug 4 Kit, NAM 1975, Burning Fight). Garou: MotW, Baseball Stars 2, and Metal Slug 3 are at the top of my WTB list

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Looks like a good blend so far, did you collect in the past or is this your first time into it?
Just don't burn out man, so many games so quick can do that.

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I did get deep into it last year, but some unexpected vet bills popped up and I had to sell off the 10 or so games I had. And I realized I didn't like standing up at the cab. I love being able to sitdown with the arcade stick and pause with the OMEGA's uni bios. Great setup.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
that really is a good start! Using the NES for a bookend, way to tell which entertainment system is the advanced one ^^
What are you gaming on btw.? CRT?

dza

n00b
Nice collection. Looks like things are growing nicely. Anyway, in the meantime I am enjoying the MVS-4-25 cab you sold me (I also totally restored the Mario Bros) :) My collection has grown a bit too and will be posting it soon. Right now I am working with folks on LED marquee project nearby to get it "finished" for the community.

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
that really is a good start! Using the NES for a bookend, way to tell which entertainment system is the advanced one ^^
What are you gaming on btw.? CRT?

Omega to SCART to XRGB Mini Framemeister to 55" LG LCD

Larrabee

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice collection. Looks like things are growing nicely. Anyway, in the meantime I am enjoying the MVS-4-25 cab you sold me (I also totally restored the Mario Bros) :) My collection has grown a bit too and will be posting it soon. Right now I am working with folks on LED marquee project nearby to get it "finished" for the community.

Happy to hear that! Looking forward to see some pics!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
How does a nes (or snes even) loose a corner like that... (Ive been seeing it more and more recently) had to pass on the last 2 snes minis I came across for that reason..

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nice collection so far. I love that Blazing Star label! You are correct the ability to pause is very convenient.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Boy, this guy really took his toys and went home (read: NeoGAF) after getting called out for being a flipper.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
now that you mention it: yeah. Shame his departure was so drama free.... kinda.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
now that you mention it: yeah. Shame his departure was so drama free.... kinda.

Well, he has a reputation to maintain as a guy who hosts a podcast where he talks about games that were before his time and has trouble keeping his facts straight due to an obvious lack of research. You'd hate to see that go up in flames due to some forum butt-hurt. Sometimes you just have to take the high road.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He seemed like a decent guy but when the going got a bit tough, he took his exercise ball and went home :(