Please Support Our Campaign To Bring The Shenmue Series Back! #SaveShenmue

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
If, like me, you consider Shenmue 1 & 2 to be some of the best games ever to grace a home console and wish that Sega would one day release a third chapter. Please show you support here:

The 3rd Of Every Month is #SaveShenmue Day!

http://teamyu.net/SaveShenmue/

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Social media: the new online petition.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I really enjoyed Shenmue. I mean, it's really great.

It's just..I don't want Sega to hemorrhage more money on it. I don't want to be responsible for Sega taking another step back - they've done that fine by themselves, and I also don't want to be responsible for Yu Suzuki committing seppuku.

Could we settle for some books or something?

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Sega would just screw up another Shenmue game like they've done with everything else. Think about it for a sec... Have you played a good Sonic game in the past 10 years?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sega would just screw up another Shenmue game like they've done with everything else. Think about it for a sec... Have you played a good Sonic game in the past 10 years?

Sonic has to be one of the most overrated series ever.

Let's be honest...the only 2 good sonic games were 1 and 2 on the genesis. Has there really been another great game in the series, other than those 2?

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
IMO Sonic didn't jump the shark until Knuckles Chaotix on 32x. Sure 3 / Sonic and Knuckles were not as good as 1 and 2, but this didn't make them bad by any stretch. What's amazing to me, you didn't count Sonic CD as a good game?! *shakes head*

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Sonic has to be one of the most overrated series ever.

Let's be honest...the only 2 good sonic games were 1 and 2 on the genesis. Has there really been another great game in the series, other than those 2?

Sonic CD is great and Sonic & Knuckles is pretty damned good. I think if they would have taken a different approach with him early on he wouldn't have some of the limitations you see now. You spend too much time in these games just watching him - "Sweet he's blasting through loops, but I'm really not doing anything but hitting jump once in while - oh BRB time to bounce off a boss again." If they had taken some cues from the other platforming hero's in the early years, with a unique twist of their own, I think we'd be singing a different tune. Real power ups - maybe some weapons or new play mechanics - who knows - even talking about it sounds stupid because we've known this Sonic for 20+ years. Doing it now would look desperate, but most of the new stuff does anyways. Also, I haven't paid much attention to Sonic in the last 15 years so I may have missed some stuff....Played some Adventure on DC and that's really it outside Gennie-age.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
IMO Sonic didn't jump the shark until Knuckles Chaotix on 32x. Sure 3 / Sonic and Knuckles were not as good as 1 and 2, but this didn't make them bad by any stretch. What's amazing to me, you didn't count Sonic CD as a good game?! *shakes head*

I even think knuckles chaotix has merit. And I think Sonic CD Is the BEST Sonic. It's when they went 3d that the whole thing went apeshit.

I played through episode 1 of Sonic 4 and while it was visually unimpressive and low on new ideas, it was pretty fun. It proved to me that the 2d sonic formula still holds up.

But that shit does NOT work in 3d. Neither does Castlevania for some reason but that's a whooole other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Who gives a fuck about Sonic? I didn't after the MD era personally i.e. when he 'became' 3D. Sonic Adventure was terrible and - to varying degrees - every Sonic '3D' since has, in some way, failed to deliver. Anyway...

I'm at an age now where I couldn't care less if SEGA created a Shenmue 3 or not. I wanted it back in 02... back when I was 20 and had bags of time to waste wandering around catching genitals herpes off sailors in Dobuita etc. But, I could care less now. All that innovation and personality will be lost in a tidal wave of games that have since caught well and truly up.

If it came to reality, that Shenmue 3 were on the cards, just get the guy who has masterminded the Yakuza series this last decade. He knows what it's all about. If I'm deadly honest, I'd much rather SEGA bothered about giving us Y5 in the west instead of resurrecting Shenmue 3...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
whoopsadoodle, I forgot about Sonic CD, my bad!
So there have been a total of 3 great Sonic games...

But anyway, if Jaleel White were dead he would be rolling in his grave if his ghost saw all the crappy Sonic games that were released.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Generations.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I echo the sentiment that of you want S3, get the team that did Yakuza to finish it off. But I would much rather have Y5 to play. Fuck Ryo and his games of Lucky Hit.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Fuck Lucky Hit. The best way to make money in Shenmue 2 is to play that high or low card game at the harbor. Save, bet everything, save if win, reload if lose.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I'd like some closure to the story.

I added that ThunderClap thing onto my facebook.
I gave my facebook a weird std for shenmue.

Sonic Generations was the only good Sonic game of this gaming gen.

The Sonic Advance games were pretty fun too.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I really enjoyed Sonic Colors and heard the rpgs that came out on the DS were pretty good but that is as far from traditional Sonic as you can get.

I thought Shenmue was fun but I spent the majority of my time in the arcade playing Space Harrier.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
I'll concede that the Shenmue games are a bit like Marmite (read: You'll either love it or hate it).

When I bought my Dreamcast at launch, pretty much all my friends held out for a PS2. Shenmue was my ace card and when it finally came out I played it to death. I played through the initial boredom threshold that most people experience during the slow opening and got stuck in... Then fell in love.

My friends? Well they took the piss as each cut scene interrupted any perceivable gameplay they could make out watching it over my shoulder. Their 20 minute peak into the world of Shenmue wasn't enough to convince them and I can understand.

But there are lots of us still waiting for the next chapter. Even though I'm 33 and don't have as much time as I used to I'd make time for this. Thanks to social media we can now come together as one and finally get this made...#SaveShenmue :forw: :forw: :A: :B: :down:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
From the way Sega put the C&D on Streets of Rage homebrew game, I don't see this happening at all.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'd like to see it end but I'm still pretty pissed about the whole thing. Plus as stated before a new Shenmue could send SEGA bankrupt. They should just write a book or some shit at this point lol.