ADK音魂 (ADK Ontama) New 8 Game Soundtrack CDGM-10017

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
This looks pretty cool! Any details on what is on that bonus DVD vgmdb has pictured?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
From the looks of it, the DVD contains Ninja Masters and TSS tournaments. Definitely picking this up.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Is this an official/licensed product ?
How come they're releasing this under ADK name if it has bankrupted ? Shouldn't it be 'SNKP Ontama' ?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It has SNKP logo on the back. Not that it makes it official, but it looks pretty good to me. I have a copy on its way.

10720p3.jpg

http://shop.1983.jp/shop/shop.cgi?o...c_only=&mode=p_wide&id=10720&superkey=1&img=0

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Is this an official/licensed product ?
How come they're releasing this under ADK name if it has bankrupted ? Shouldn't it be 'SNKP Ontama' ?

Yes, it was featured in Famitsu, so I'm thinking it's officially licensed.

SNKP bought ADK and all it's IPs. Since they were initally ADK games separate from SNK's original Neo-Geo releases it'd be silly to have this CD under the SNK brand. SNK can still utilize the ADK brand to market merchandise.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Thanks, KRONOS.

btw, will this only work in a karaoke system ? Not in a regular cd player ?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks, KRONOS.

btw, will this only work in a karaoke system ? Not in a regular cd player ?

Yes, it's a karaoke only release. You have to sing the theme songs to each game perfectly or Eikichi Kawasaki will very Kaiser Wave you.

Karaoke system? Where did you get this idea from? Pretty sure it's just a standard CD & DVD.

Last edited:

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
There's a "CDGM" in the product's description
I've googled for it and found it's related to karaoke disks.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
CDGM is the catalog number stem and stands for "Clarice Disc Game Music" (Clarice Disc is the distributor). It has nothing to do with karaoke and the disc will work on any standard CD player.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I got it a few days ago, I really like it. I have several other older SNK OST/ASTs, and the audio quality seems to be better on this set. The DVD that comes with it is just game footage, no voice or other audio from the actual tournaments.

The one thing that shocked me about this set is Ninja Combat. Now, the last time I really played Ninja Combat was probably 15 years ago. I never really cared much for it. But damn, some of the NC tracks are really good.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
The one thing that shocked me about this set is Ninja Combat. Now, the last time I really played Ninja Combat was probably 15 years ago. I never really cared much for it. But damn, some of the NC tracks are really good.

Yep, it's a very varied soundtrack for it's time. I've got the original OST and I like it too :)

I've got to get this set, at least for Ninja Commando which also has a very nice soundtrack. And now you mention the sound quality is even better than the original releases. Well, gotta order it soon.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm mildly interested. Is there anywhere that lists all of the games featured plus whether it is using original or arranged cuts?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Check http://vgmdb.net/album/43607. All tracks are original cuts, nothing arranged here (unfortunately). Games included:

Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Magician Lord, Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Master's, Blue's Journey, Gang Wars, Sky Adventure

@NeoTurfMasta: Where did you buy your copy? I wanna make sure it comes with the mentioned DVD.