Metal Slug 3 on Steam in Feb

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I want to say both. Christ anybody worth a damn had to have said something about the sound not being right. Just complete laziness to not include a volume slider, but considering its a mobile device port not completely surprised. Either way its a lazy half-assed shameful cash grab that's left a bad taste in my mouth. BAH

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
This version of MS3 is complete shit. The game itself actually runs faster (not just the sound) and the sound itself is horrendous. There is also an option for scanlines but they look god awful and are super thin. Whenever the go arrow pops up I cringe, its high pitched and terrible sounding. Overall this port should be avoided, it is like the company that did it did not even try. If you want to play Metal Slug on the PC I recommend sticking with an emulator, it is far more accurate than this steaming pile of shit.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Wow. Glad I passed on this. I think the iPhone port was the final time buying this game.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Hay guyz, peeps have problems with speed and framerate.

Let's release 2.01.

It defaults resolution to 800x600 because that seems to fix some things.

*cries about the $6 he could have spent on something else*

satya

n00b
Pointless releasing this for the PC audience. Any Steam user worth their salt will know how to MAME it.

are you serious?? present games will mean more stuff coming out. Even the possibility of something new

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
BAH, dotemu man, come on. At least run the games as good as an emulator when emu is IN YOUR NAME! Disappointing effort but I still hope they look into steam further. Shoot, if SNK just copies capcom's HD remix set up whole hog they could make the world a better place. A place with an actually good MOTW port.

And seriously, you put any NEO game on steam with good emulation and online multiplayer, God help me but I will pay for it.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Glad I waited this one out. Was really hoping for a quality product. :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This was dotemu? No wonder, their Raiden and Double Dragon Android ports were equally awful. Considering all they do is emulation of old games it's unbelievable that they are so bad at it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Yeah this is a bummer because if it was done right, this could have set a fantastic precedent. Sorry to those that spent the cash, if you post your grievances in the steam forums maybe something will be done about it.
:(

Camrox

n00b
Dammit SNK I thought after KOF XIII on steam you guys would be doing a good a job at not porting over SHIT

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Being a PC gamer seems contridictory to caring about this. Neogeo was on pc years ago maybe people remember neo rage x.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Being a PC gamer seems contridictory to caring about this. Neogeo was on pc years ago maybe people remember neo rage x.

you're missing the point of releases like this... yes emulation exists and works well... but this is supporting the devs and bringing us stuff like online multiplayer...

its just a shame they stuffed it up this time

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
It looks like a modified port of the arcade version with some PC Exclusive add-ons.
The new Hi-rez character select screen and new mission mode is possible proof.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Screw the devs making any money off this ported trash!
The original creators got paid at the time of release and thats good enuf for me.

When I want to play Metal Slug on PC, I reach for MAME (slight inaccuracies).
When I'm on the go, I turn to the Nvidia Shield and (Roberts fantastic) NEO.emu app.
When I want a 100% "real" experience, I fire up the Omega (MVS) on the PVM (15khz or it ain't "real" bitchez).

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Screw the devs making any money off this ported trash!
The original creators got paid at the time of release and thats good enuf for me.

When I want to play Metal Slug on PC, I reach for MAME (slight inaccuracies).
When I'm on the go, I turn to the Nvidia Shield and (Roberts fantastic) NEO.emu app.
When I want a 100% "real" experience, I fire up the Omega (MVS) on the PVM (15khz or it ain't "real" bitchez).
Well I got to agree with you there, I waiting on parts to build a Supergun, it will be set for 15hz RGB output going to a XRGB 2 Plus for VGA support.
Still need to find some good prices on some Metal Slug carts, but I wait till next month as fiances are not infinite.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey
I'm sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but there are some news about this release.

Ars Technica informed the most popular games on Steam among 2014 releases:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/steam-gauge-measuring-the-most-popular-steam-games-of-2014/3/

Metal Slug 3 placed in #63 with more than 440K copies sold.
Metal Slug X placed in #379 with more than 27K copies sold.

I wonder why was MS3 a sucess while MSX flopped...

3 released in feb, X released in oct.

3 had flaws, people didn't buy X because of it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I wonder why was MS3 a sucess while MSX flopped...

Because 2>X? :D Seriously, I think it's what julencin said, coupled with the fact that it has been spread through the Internet that 3 is the best slug ever. Casual players will get it, and don't bother with X.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, I think that people played 3 and saw the crap emulation that was never fixed. People knew better when X was released, by the same people. You can download your own emulator and have better success. The sound quality is all over the place, and I typically have to restart the game a few time ts before it correctly detects my controller. And when it does, it drops controller inputs worse than anything I've seen.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Well, I think that people played 3 and saw the crap emulation that was never fixed.

Did you buy it? If so, give it another shot. They overhauled it. I wouldn't call it perfect, but it's much better than it was when it first came out. The overhaul was pretty much them taking the Metal Slug X assets (which was a better port/emulation) and slapping Metal Slug 3 into it.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Metal slug 3 on psn Coming up for download in a few weeks on ps4. I wont buy it because its much more important to have on the mvs but still... At least its not on pc