Hearthstone

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Why would they put the exact thing that they failed doing with actual cards....ONLINE? MTG is there ONLINE as well. Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound? You basically came into this thread to let everybody know you're a MTG fan, and now we know you're stupid as well. Good job. I bet you suck at Magic with all the pretty cards you're so focused on trading and collecting, too.

MTG online is far from a complete serious trading game. Bliz could have easily gone many steps further if they weren't only focused to the soulbound crap and the fear of the 'gold sellers'. Have a good day kiddo and enjoy the game.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The whole aspect of trading takes away from what the game is supposed to be: played. If you're so concerned with trading then stick with baseball cards or wives or something. I love the fact that they actually kept the focus on, oh, you know, actually playing it. At least I don't have to shovel $200+ into creating a competitive deck that isn't legal in 6 months. I mean, seriously, fuck that.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
The whole aspect of trading takes away from what the game is supposed to be: played. If you're so concerned with trading then stick with baseball cards or wives or something. I love the fact that they actually kept the focus on, oh, you know, actually playing it. At least I don't have to shovel $200+ into creating a competitive deck that isn't legal in 6 months. I mean, seriously, fuck that.

You are one of those titty nerds who pretend they know everything and talk without actually thinking at all. I'd rather pay 30 bucks per month and play something different than bliz linear stolen and boring crap. When it comes to collect retro games you pay shitloads of money but an online card game should be "free"? Piss off.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't spend shitloads of money to collect retro games, you fucking monkey. You're the asswipe that openly admitted he'd rather collect and trade than actually play a card game. It's too bad you can't trade your stupid brain for a smarter one.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
...You're the asswipe that openly admitted he'd rather collect and trade than actually play a card game...

I never said that. This is what I said: "I just mostly like the trading and collective character in a card game." This does not mean that I don't like playing the actual game you fucking deaf parrot. In your dumb head everything is either 0 or 1.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
quit shitting up a quality thread glader. you're a tool.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Here is an easy information for you guys to process: Fuck off (1000111101000111110001) :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It doesn't surprise me that you don't even understand what the word "mostly" means. You shouldn't use words you're unfamiliar with. Then again, the sentence doesn't make any sense to begin with.

There's no way you play a complicated game like Magic with how stupid you are. I bet you're on the phone with Wizards customer support all the time because the few times you do play it you don't understand what's going on. You're probably the reason they took mana burn out of the game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
And all you do is trolling so shut the fuck up and stop intruding everywhere you dipshit

Ironic considering your intrusion into this thread with your stupid garbage posts. Kindly fuck off, "mate".

cannonball

15 Year Member
I keep seeing this thread bumped and I get excited...then I realize it's just more of this gladar noob making a fool of himself.

If only there were an MTG thread he could have gone to instead of coming here...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You know that from personal experience right?

Flexing that e-thug muscle I see. Really dude, you should calm down and relax. If you're not going to contribute anything other than telling people to F off in this thread, maybe you should go somewhere else.

OT, my buddy was hyping me up on Hearthstone last night, I might try to grab it tonight after work and give it a spin, I've never really been good at card games but I'll certainly give it try. Looks like everyone is enjoying it, except Galder as he rather trade digital cards instead of playing.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hearthstone is a nice game and Blizzard did a good job with the presentation and entry level - the problem imho is that with the limited cardpool you currently have it's basically a very colorful coin flip game. Arena takes this to an extreme - especially with the possibility to get a card more than 2 times. (regarding this fact and having played MTG I'd prefer some "limited cardpool" like in drafting - but I understand that they did that for the sake of simplicity and tailoring it to an audience that enjoys having a break at any time they aren't in a game)
This might become better in the future when more cards are available and you actually have more deck manipulation options. (It's not like MTG was any less luck based in Alpha/Beta/Unlimited times - well with the exception of Ante-56 Swamps - 4 Darcpact decks that is ;))

What I especially would like to see (having decided that the competitive part isn't balanced in a way where I'd like to participate at the moment) is cooperative raiding. This was a great unique selling point the WoW-cardboard-game had and we greatly enjoyed those sets - but as it seems this is still a bit far on the horizon.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hearthstone is a nice game and Blizzard did a good job with the presentation and entry level - the problem imho is that with the limited cardpool you currently have it's basically a very colorful coin flip game. Arena takes this to an extreme - especially with the possibility to get a card more than 2 times. (regarding this fact and having played MTG I'd prefer some "limited cardpool" like in drafting - but I understand that they did that for the sake of simplicity and tailoring it to an audience that enjoys having a break at any time they aren't in a game)
This might become better in the future when more cards are available and you actually have more deck manipulation options. (It's not like MTG was any less luck based in Alpha/Beta/Unlimited times - well with the exception of Ante-56 Swamps - 4 Darcpact decks that is ;))

What I especially would like to see (having decided that the competitive part isn't balanced in a way where I'd like to participate at the moment) is cooperative raiding. This was a great unique selling point the WoW-cardboard-game had and we greatly enjoyed those sets - but as it seems this is still a bit far on the horizon.

This is an opinion I can respect, even if I don't agree with all of it. There aren't a lot of cards in the game, say, when compared to Magic, but for a game that was officially released in March of this year (under half a year ago), it surprisingly has a wide variety of options available to it. One deck doesn't really crush all of the others, and even in the late game (rank-wise), you'll find a wide variety of decks being used by multiple players. Although there is luck involved (as with most card games), it's still very much a matter of making smart plays and pushing for value. I like that people can be competitive with standard cards, and only reinforces my belief that if you're a smart player and make good plays, you don't have to pour money into the game to be compete.

I'd also like to see cooperative raiding, and don't see a reason why something like that wouldn't be implemented later on down the line. The game is still very young, and we already have our first expansion (although it's single player focused). I hope as they continue to release more content that it stays as balanced as it is, because it's really fucking balanced at the moment (yes, even with Leeroy hijinks).

It's nice to get back to actually talking about the game, and not dealing with retards.

More ranked fun from last night (tried recording with better quality):

cannonball

15 Year Member
Tried miracle rogue for the first time this weekend and it's a lot of fun to play, although I think there's a huge learning curve. I managed a 50% win rate after a couple dozen games around rank 16, but I know I made tons of mistakes and I could have been closer to 70-80%. Strong deck, but definitely not something you just pick up and mindlessly win with.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tried this game but it's locked up on my iPad. Says come back in a few hours... For the past few days.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm either hugely successful with miracle rogue or it gets blown away. There's really no middle ground with that deck. I love the deck, but if you don't get that auctioneer you will fall apart. There's nothing more annoying in the game than getting Leeroy'd 3 times with cold blood thrown in there, though.

The game plays fine on my ipad 2, which is old as hell, so maybe try redownloading?

cannonball

15 Year Member
Yeah it is very draw dependent. I'm going to keep at it for a while and see if I can have more consistent results. I think my mulligan strategy needs the most work. I just don't know whats the most important for each match up yet with that deck. I'm also only using 1 conceal at the moment, and I might try adding a second.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm only running one conceal. I'm thinking about removing Nat Pagle and replacing him with another conceal or acolyte. What's your deck look like? I'm running:

jNaHTFT.jpg