Hearthstone

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm waaayyy into this game, it's a nice change to grinding on D3 for hours.

I think I rock a pretty good Antonidas aggro-mage deck.

Add me F4U57#6229.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hit my best at rank 10 last night with my Mage. Once you get on a winning streak it is really easy to climb the ladder.

I find that a lot of players will rage quit at turn 2 and 3 if they don't get that perfect first drop. I find that pretty pathetic. If you're relying on a certain few cards to specify how your game will play out then your deck is broken.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Consider that he's only holding 3 cards. Sure, he gets free spells, but there's no telling if he's even holding any. If he is, he has to decide whether to attack Cho or Milhouse . Anything he casts, I get a copy of (and I never cast anything until Cho's gone and can't copy anymore). All that and there's a 4/4 staring him down, right out of the gate on turn one.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm assuming you got these out with 'coin' and and Innervate?

Very nice first play. How did the rest of the match play out?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm assuming you got these out with 'coin' and and Innervate?

Very nice first play. How did the rest of the match play out?

I don't remember. It was just a test. I like screwing around with decks and seeing what I can do. I stumbled across this earlier today and just had to laugh:

7xsu0vu.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Capture.PNG

Things ended pretty quickly after this...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love me some Antonidas in a frost Mage deck. A couple weeks ago I was about to log off before I noticed I had exactly 100 gold, so I purchased a pack and luckily pulled him from it. I'm so glad I thought to do it right then and there to get that lucky as fuck pull. I now have pretty much every card in the game (either regular or gold variant), except a couple legendaries like the worthless Tinkmaster Overspark. I think I'm going to concentrate on crafting regular gold cards that I use in many of my decks (save for the legendaries I don't have...those will take a bit).

Fucking around with some ranked play tonight. Sorry for the horrible video quality. Somehow FRAPS won't record any better than this. I've downloaded new software to try out which is supposed to provide way better video quality. It's still easy to follow what's going on.

And fucking LOL at my turn 2 play:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
LOL!

It was all over after you dropped that Ancient of War!

Gotta love those legendary draws from the 100 gold single packs. I was lucky enough to pull two legendary card in the one draw a couple of weeks back; Malygos and Nozdormu!

IMG_3085.JPG

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Damn, as far as legendary cards go, those aren't that great (although they could be fun in gimmick decks), but for completion sake that's fucking rad to pull 2 of them from a single pack.

I was just sure my Ancient of War was going to be executed and it was bad move to make, but he either wasn't playing control (didn't look like it) or just didn't pull it. I'm guessing the latter since he didn't want to run minions into it.

I haven't tried to hit legend rank so I think that's my goal for the new season.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, I agree, they're more gimmicky. Malygos has been fun in my Mage deck, if you can save some low lvl spells like Arcane Missiles (8 dmg), Cone of Cold (8 dmg) + Ice Lance (10 dmg), Arcane Explosion (5 dmg to all enemies), it can be completely devastating and game changing, coupled with a Sorcerer's Apprentice and it's all over. Good fun, but at a 9 mana to drop it's too expensive.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Ha, only if there was a Mage equivalent of a rogues conceal. Then it'd be a finisher for sure. Trump has a control frost Mage he plays on his streams that revolves around dropping Alexstraza and burning them the next turn. It's surprisingly effective. I think it's on YouTube now.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cool, I'll check it out, that guy is a machine.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Ha, only if there was a Mage equivalent of a rogues conceal. Then it'd be a finisher for sure. Trump has a control frost Mage he plays on his streams that revolves around dropping Alexstraza and burning them the next turn. It's surprisingly effective. I think it's on YouTube now.

I think Trump's mage is a bit different from the standard freeze mage. He also uses giants...at least he did as of the last time I watched him stream last week. People change their decks so often. The alexstraza freeze mage is real popular right now. It's almost like playing solitaire when you use that deck. It doesn't really matter what the other person is playing at all.

I keep saying I'll try for legend rank each month, but then I just can't find the time to play and end up stopping at around rank 10-11. Good luck this month Wes. I *might* try.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
He has a 5 part series on YouTube with a frost Mage that has no giants in it. You're right in that it almost doesn't matter what the other person plays, though. It's still funny to watch when Alexstraza doesn't get pulled until it almost too late. I think that particular deck still loses hard to control warrior because you still have to deal with armor and armor smith can really fuck things up for them.

I think I'm going to pressure for legend this season. I usually get bored around 12, too. I really just want to hit it once so I can get the special card back. After that, I don't see a desire to keep hitting it every season (unless there's other rewards they plan on giving). I have four really good decks that should keep me interested all the way through.

Of course Naxx being released could divert my attention from this too...

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Cute game but the fact that you can't trade cards with other players sucks (classic Blizzard shite). So I kept playing only MTG.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There's really no reason to trade cards. Everything can be crafted and earned with little effort. Oh, and by the way, it's FREE.

And who trades cards in MTG anymore? Everybody plays the same decks and wants the same cards. And your shit gets out-dated every 6 months they release a new set. It's been a money pit for almost 20 years now. And have you seen their online interface? It's like they're purposely trying to keep an out-dated 2003 GUI going like it's some sort of inside joke.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
There's really no reason to trade cards. Everything can be crafted and earned with little effort. Oh, and by the way, it's FREE.

And who trades cards in MTG anymore? Everybody plays the same decks and wants the same cards. And your shit gets out-dated every 6 months they release a new set. It's been a money pit for almost 20 years now. And have you seen their online interface? It's like they're purposely trying to keep an out-dated 2003 GUI going like it's some sort of inside joke.

Correct. I just mostly like the trading and collective character in a card game (as in games in general). Blizzard's crap with soulbound shit never appealed to me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Correct. I just mostly like the trading and collective character in a card game (as in games in general). Blizzard's crap with soulbound shit never appealed to me.

Yeah, but being able to trade cards wouldn't work the way the game is structured. The game itself is completely free. Can you imagine if you were able to trade cards? Everybody would create 30 accounts, run quests/bust open packs all day, and assemble a complete library in a matter of days. You're criticizing the game for not a providing a service that would shut it down in the long run.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, but being able to trade cards wouldn't work the way the game is structured. The game itself is completely free. Can you imagine if you were able to trade cards? Everybody would create 30 accounts, run quests/bust open packs all day, and assemble a complete library in a matter of days. You're criticizing the game for not a providing a service that would shut it down in the long run.

And again, you are correct. My point though is that Bliz should build this game around that 'trading and collecting' feature and put an end to the soulbound shit. Of course now that wouldn't be possible, it is way too late. You like it, I accept it but there are more people like me who don't because of that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You do realize that they tried this with the World of Warcraft Trading card game that had actual cards you could trade and everything....and nobody wanted to play it. People "like you" couldn't sustain it. Your point is Blizzard should try something they already did and failed at. Your argument was disproven before this game was created.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Galder, you're the first person I've come across that dislikes Hearthstone after giving it a solid run.

I'm sure there are others, but you're the first I personally have come across.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
You do realize that they tried this with the World of Warcraft Trading card game that had actual cards you could trade and everything....and nobody wanted to play it. People "like you" couldn't sustain it. Your point is Blizzard should try something they already did and failed at. Your argument was disproven before this game was created.

I am talking about creating a gadamn online trading card game. Of course they failed with World of Warcraft Trading card game, MTG was there. You slow mate? Are you gonna keep this going nowhere?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Why would they put the exact thing that they failed doing with actual cards....ONLINE? MTG is there ONLINE as well. Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound? You basically came into this thread to let everybody know you're a MTG fan, and now we know you're stupid as well. Good job. I bet you suck at Magic with all the pretty cards you're so focused on trading and collecting, too.