Any word on an Ikari Warriors game? SNKP filed a trademark

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I work in trademarks and just happened to stumble upon this filing for Ikari Warriors unrelated to what I was working on.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=79137118&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

SNKP also filed for Ikari Warriors marks in other countries. The mark in the U.S. hasn't progressed - but it looks like the deadline is April 30, 2014 for their response to hash out some problems with their application.

Did anyone hear anything about Ikari Warriors lately? I'd guess it's just a download/compilation.

Class 9 - Computer game software; computer game programs recorded on CD-ROMs; computer game programs recorded on data media; computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones; computer game software for use on mobile computers; computer game software for use on tablet computers; mobile computers; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; game programs for arcade video game machines; game programs for home video game machines; video game cartridge; video game CD-ROMs; video game programs recorded on data media; electronic circuits and CD-ROMs recorded with programs for hand-held games with liquid crystal displays; downloadable music files; downloadable image or video files; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; compact discs featuring music and video; phonograph records; downloadable electronic publications, namely magazines and manuals in the field of game software; cell phone straps; portable telephones; tablet computers

Class 41 - Game services provided on-line from a computer network; information on game services provided on-line from a computer network; providing amusement arcade services; providing game event services; games equipment rental; video game machine rental; rental of game programs recorded on data media; providing on-line image and video data; providing on-line music or audio; rental of sound recordings; rental of videotapes; membership club services, namely, providing education and entertainment services in the field of computer games or video games; providing information in the field of recreation activities; entertainment information; computer education training services; organization of exhibitions for cultural or educational purposes; organization of seminars; providing amusement facilities; rental of cinematographic machines and apparatus; rental of cine-films; rental of toys; rental of amusement machines and apparatus; rental of game machines and apparatus

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I work in trademarks

me too!

I'm a trademark researcher ... and it sucks! But, it's quite common for companies to renew/refile their trademarks in order to keep it active under their company so no one else can use it or name something similar to it. It could mean something or it could mean nothing.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Ikari Warriors Pachinko, get hype!!!!!!!!!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

Nah you got it all wrong. It's going to be Ikari Warriors VS Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!...basically the premise is the Ikari warriors would go around shooting like normal, but then when you rescue someone, you have to force her to strip and thus enter into a mini game! In this mini game you see if they are wearing enemy panties and if they are...you win! (honestly I wouldn't be surprised)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The cynic in me immediately thought it was to ready themselves for a lawsuit in response to the yet-to-be-announced NG-Dev Team Ikari Warriors like title...

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The cynic in me immediately thought it was to ready themselves for a lawsuit in response to the yet-to-be-announced NG-Dev Team Ikari Warriors like title...

THAT was exactly what I thought too! ;)

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I should have thought of that. A pachislot sounds even more likely, considering they already brought back the Art of Fighting series for one.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Still holding out hope for SNK Arcade Classics vol.2 here.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

SAME they should start refering to it as a "Shock Troopers" or "Ninja Commando Like Title" Lol

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Shock Troopers or Ninja Commando means you actually get a health bar, but not so for Ikari Warriors.

Jerebko85

Banned
ikari warriors in aes is a dream and others like prehistoric isle in 1930, I don't understand why not consider to make theses games for aes or mvs

TinaisTina

n00b
Yeah.. me too..
smile.gif