Another Noob introduction...

Just wanted to drop a quick hello to everyone. I'm obviously a new member here and relatively new to the Neo Geo scene in general. My nostalgia and memories for the NG are similar to many I suppose. I can still remember walking into an arcade in the Glens Falls NY mall while on vacation in upstate NY in the summer of 1991. There stood a huge red cab. I was absolutely blown away by Nam 1975, Magician Lord and Baseball Stars! And no, Top Players Golf was given absolutely zero attention or credits!! By the end of that summer, my local pizza joint got the same Neo Geo cab! The hardest decision was what game to play with my limited funds as a jr. high student!!! Terrific memories!

I recently purchased a 2-slot consolized MVS and have been briskly building up a stash of MVS carts.

I live an arm's throw from NYC and work in the Thoroughbred racing industry as an on-air racing analyst, commentator. It's good to be here.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Welcome! Do you announce the races in Yonkers? I'm not too far from there

Nope. I work at the three New York Racing Association tracks - Aqueduct, Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course. We move around to all three depending on the time of the year. We're currently running at Aqueduct so if you wanna come out and gamble for a day give me a shout!! haha

Thanks for the welcome guys...

Yep, very fortunate to spend nearly 7 weeks every summer in Saratoga Springs when the track is open. Best racing in the US and nothing like being in an old Victorian style town like Saratoga. San Diego of course has Del Mar Racetrack, which runs the same time as Saratoga and has much more of a "beachy" vibe to it.

Rico26

n00b
Hi, I'm new too :)
Sorry for posting in this thread, I'm not allowed to create a new thread (too noob arf ...)

My name is Eric, I'm 37, living in France, and really happy to join the community.
I'm found of arcade and retro gaming, but pretty new with NEOGEO AES, just purchase this war machine 2 weeks ago ... and so happy to finally play AES games as the old good time in 1990-1991, when I was a teenager, playing Magician Lord with friends and cousins ...
I own some NUC, some sega arcade stuff (Chihiro, triforce, naomi2 and naomi essentially) and consoles too. I sold a Neogeo CD top loader in 2002 ... what a mistake ... but anyway, really happy to enjoy the AES stuff since few, and to join the party here too, think that this site / forum is really precious for the price guides mainly, and all the thing that there is on http://www.neo-geo.com/ :buttrock: this rocks !

See you around amigos !

Rico

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I LOVE threads like this...

...You realise... I'm still awaiting for one of you so called n00bs to notice...

You all seem to say "hello"... then become an invisible part of the forum... I don't even remember the last n00b that i considered had potential...

GET A GRIP LADS!

xROTx

PS. Admittedly... it's hard to stand out here... lest you fear some of the more vocal of the lads attempting to violate you by "Going in Dry..."

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Seems kinda like the guys that have been around for years keep to themselves. And the noobs kinda deal w/each other. And that it take a couple years to hang w/the long tymers...

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Hi, I'm new too :)
Sorry for posting in this thread, I'm not allowed to create a new thread (too noob arf ...)

My name is Eric, I'm 37, living in France, and really happy to join the community.
I'm found of arcade and retro gaming, but pretty new with NEOGEO AES, just purchase this war machine 2 weeks ago ... and so happy to finally play AES games as the old good time in 1990-1991, when I was a teenager, playing Magician Lord with friends and cousins ...
I own some NUC, some sega arcade stuff (Chihiro, triforce, naomi2 and naomi essentially) and consoles too. I sold a Neogeo CD top loader in 2002 ... what a mistake ... but anyway, really happy to enjoy the AES stuff since few, and to join the party here too, think that this site / forum is really precious for the price guides mainly, and all the thing that there is on http://www.neo-geo.com/ :buttrock: this rocks !

See you around amigos !

Rico

Welcome, also new here.

Welcome to you both!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Welcome Smoke. You're apparently a real life "Stakes Winner!"

haha thanks!!! A couple of the first games I picked up were Stakes Winner 1 and 2! Will make a play on Jockey GP at some point as welll

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
welcome to the fold.

when i was a kid i ended up at monticello a lot. you want some drugged up horses, there you have them.