Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 129

Thread: My small AES collection

  1. #26
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Naika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vuurrh-gin-e-aaaahhh!

    Posts
    795
    Nice collection, but hopefully you play them man. The last thing I'd want is to keep them sealed for long.

  2. #27
    Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Ninjainspandex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    It's a business card holder. About the seal, every once in a while, I open them up and play but I mostly play PS3 KOF XIII.


    Thank you for your comment. I'm trying to get the SSVS. Hopefully I can get one soon in good condition!
    So do you collect business cards too? are they sealed up as well? can we see that collection please?

  3. #28
    NEST Puppet

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    far

    Posts
    183
    How come u don't have korean carts and console?

  4. #29
    lamuna
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Nice collection, got some good titles in there. You must have more willpower than I if you can keep all those sealed up!
    Thank you. Just looking at them makes me smile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    Nice collection, but hopefully you play them man. The last thing I'd want is to keep them sealed for long.
    Thank you. I actually do play some games, like KOF 98 and Samurai Showdown 2 as I have two copies.

    Quote Originally Posted by gamerwhat View Post
    How come u don't have korean carts and console?
    Neo Geo games were never officially released in Korea as far as I know. Well maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure...

  5. #30
    Timid Neo Newbie
    Entz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moscow, Russia

    Posts
    2
    Actually there are some korean carts and korean console http://www.neo-geo.com/wiki/index.ph...ean_Cartridges
    By the way, good looking cart you have)

  6. #31
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    So again, if you don't like my thread, go ahead and share your opinions, but don't expect a reply from me!
    I don't like your thread.

    And everything that whisper said.

  7. #32
    X>2
    (He is so wrong -Ed)
    totoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greece

    Posts
    449
    Why dont you give the guy a break?

    If he enjoys having his games on a shelf and not using them it's his problem.

    After all aes collecting is more or less like that nowadays with those absurd prices.It's down to collect aes and play mvs ....or emulate
    Originally Posted by Takumaji

    Ah well, I guess every gamer generation gets the Neo it deserves...


    Originally Posted by RAZO

    Why must there be so much hate towards people who collect aes carts. Is it because they want them so bad but dont have the means to buy them.

  8. #33
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Why dont you give the guy a break?

    If he enjoys having his games on a shelf and not using them it's his problem.

    After all aes collecting is more or less like that nowadays with those absurd prices.It's down to collect aes and play mvs ....or emulate
    Yeah but it's a fucking joke though.


  9. #34
    lamuna
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Why dont you give the guy a break?

    If he enjoys having his games on a shelf and not using them it's his problem.

    After all aes collecting is more or less like that nowadays with those absurd prices.It's down to collect aes and play mvs ....or emulate
    Thank you totoro. I don't know why there's so much hate here!
    The heat here is getting hotter and hotter. Flame on boys!
    Oh yeah, I updated my collection picture.

  10. #35
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,299
    why not just buy mvs games? you are only supposed to play them. having things you want and taking care of them is fer dumb

    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    . About the seal, every once in a while, I open them up and play!
    how many times do you suggest he repeat this for you?

    I'm not as jealous as some others who apparently lose some brain functions when they see your stuff as I have no interest in mint (or any really) home copies or even in most of the games.

    I can see that your stuff is nice though.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewildlombax View Post
    please dude I have the money, play with me

  11. #36
    Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Ninjainspandex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    863
    I'm still waiting for pictures of your business card collection


    Quote Originally Posted by jago View Post
    my anus is ready to shit on your face.

  12. #37
    Southern Pounce.
    DaytimeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Posts
    672
    Sealed in the world of Neo Geo is not that important, especially for old style case games. The plastic can be all smashed up inside even if you have a seal on it.

    Keeping things sealed is not a good thing (my opinion) Keeping them mint is good practise yes.

    45148646.jpg

  13. #38
    lamuna
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    why not just buy mvs games? you are only supposed to play them. having things you want and taking care of them is fer dumb

    how many times do you suggest he repeat this for you?

    I'm not as jealous as some others who apparently lose some brain functions when they see your stuff as I have no interest in mint (or any really) home copies or even in most of the games.

    I can see that your stuff is nice though.
    Thank you Karou I just enjoy collecting the stuff that I love.
    Everyone to their own...I mean I have no problem with how people take care of their own games.
    They are my possession, so I can do whatever I want to do. I'm not harming anyone, so I don't know why there's so much hate here.

    For MVS, I just begun collecting AES and other retro games...so I haven't really looked into them. My xbox is doing that job for now,
    but thank you for your suggestion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjainspandex View Post
    I'm still waiting for pictures of your business card collection
    I can't. They are all personal.


    Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Sealed in the world of Neo Geo is not that important, especially for old style case games. The plastic can be all smashed up inside even if you have a seal on it.

    Keeping things sealed is not a good thing (my opinion) Keeping them mint is good practise yes.
    I'm just trying to prevent scratches and sunfade. I don't throw them around so it's quite unlikely that they will be smashed up.
    I do play them every once in a while to give them some electricity juice...to keep them alive!
    Last edited by lamuna; 01-23-2014 at 11:20 AM.

  14. #39
    Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Ninjainspandex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    I can't. They are all personal.
    I see, all those numbers from the ladies after your sealed AES conversation starters nice!


    Quote Originally Posted by jago View Post
    my anus is ready to shit on your face.

  15. #40
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjainspandex View Post
    I see, all those numbers from the ladies after your sealed AES conversation starters nice!
    "ladies" with business cards...

  16. #41
    Geese's Thug
    ChiefofSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida

    Posts
    274
    The reason why people hate it when someone collect games and don't play them is because they could be in the hands of someone else that will actually play and enjoy them especially with them being rare and all.
    I play my games i just take extra care of them even my PS3 stuff, you can still play your games and keep them mint.

  17. #42
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    whisper2053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Frozen Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    They are my possession, so I can do whatever I want to do. I'm not harming anyone
    The same tired mantra that every collectard chants. Problem is, you ARE.

    They are video games. There is an entire niche culture that celebrates the existence of these games, and enjoys the memories that they bring back when played.

    By its very nature, NeoGeo tends toward being uncommon to rare as a matter of course. By permanently removing said uncommon to rare items from the pool, you are permanently destroying the entire purpose of the games as they exist. On top of that, you yourself stated that you are in the practice of acquiring multiple copies so that you can 'keep a good one and *sometimes, maybe* play the other', so you are removing TWO copies (at minimum) from existence so that your sad little obsessive need to have a trophy is appeased.

    Not hurting anyone? Only in your fevered imagination. You're constantly and consistently hurting the very hobby that you purport to be supportive of.

    But you'll never see this, as you are too busy sealing up and not-playing your games.

    The fact that you "don't understand the hate" is almost proof positive of what the problem is in the first place. Ass.

  18. #43
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,299
    so theres no reason for someone to have a full library then either? theres no way they can play all the games available often enough so they don't need to have all of the games.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewildlombax View Post
    please dude I have the money, play with me

  19. #44
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    whisper2053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Frozen Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    so theres no reason for someone to have a full library then either? theres no way they can play all the games available often enough so they don't need to have all of the games.
    That statement has absolutely no correlation with anything that has been said, and you are either just being patently stupid or do not understand English well enough to respond.

    There is a SUBSTANTIAL difference between having a full fucking game library that you play vs. having 'pretty pictures' on a shelf that you look at and fawn over. Stop being idiotic.
    Last edited by whisper2053; 01-23-2014 at 12:26 PM.

  20. #45
    Robert Garcia's Butler
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    天外魔境

    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    so theres no reason for someone to have a full library then either? theres no way they can play all the games available often enough so they don't need to have all of the games.
    Even if a game only gets played once in a while, that's still better than never getting played at all.

  21. #46
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,299
    [QUOTE=lamuna;3654128 I open them up and play![/QUOTE]


    how do you still come up with him Never playing them?

    theres something like 120 home games and you really believe every game in a complete collection gets played as often or more than his, very doubtful! beside those who collect full full sets as in english and japanese releases both. they are ''allowed'' two copies of each game and get props for their collections? I bet they swap the carts out like every day so each one gets in the system even once a year, Sure!
    Last edited by Karou; 01-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewildlombax View Post
    please dude I have the money, play with me

  22. #47
    Bao's Babysitter
    Markell1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper2053 View Post
    There is a SUBSTANTIAL difference between having a full fucking game library that you play vs. having 'pretty pictures' on a shelf that you look at and fawn over. Stop being idiotic.
    Exactly! I watch a lot of porn, I don't make out like I'm a hit with the ladies.


  23. #48
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    whisper2053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Frozen Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,697
    OP originally stated quite clearly:

    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    I'm quite picky about the condition of everything I own...so even for my game collection, all the games are sealed after I test them.
    Sealed. Not put on a shelf to play later. Not cycled through with other games and/or game systems (like many I've talked to on here do), but SEALED. The process of sealing something tends to be indicative of no further attempts at opening. At least it does in *my* English. It was only much later, after several members had started digging into him for that ridiculous comment that he conveniently stated (and that you quoted incorrectly/incompletely..way to remove context to prove your point, dick):

    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    About the seal, every once in a while, I open them up and play
    And yet, not a few posts down from that he seems to have forgotten that he made up that little tidbit because:

    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    Where in my post says that I play them??
    And yet apparently the story *still* can't be kept straight because shortly after THAT it changes again to:

    Quote Originally Posted by lamuna View Post
    I actually do play some games, like KOF 98 and Samurai Showdown 2 as I have two copies
    Soooo...all the games are sealed, yet sometimes they get opened to play, but...at no point did he ever say that he plays them...but he actually DOES play them...sometimes...when there's more than one copy down the drain in his grimy collectard hands.

    Anyone's else's head spinning from all the contradictions yet?

    Karou: from what I've seen, the forum views you as kind of a 'tard. Right now you're defending a straight up douche and going full REtard in the process. Quit while you're ahead and save *some* face at least.

  24. #49
    The Portuguese Chop OMFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Nutmeg State!

    Posts
    4,605
    Looks guys, I don't know what's up with the sealed games hatred...

    Whenever I throw dinner parties or host mixology sessions, I like to move the party over to my game viewing area. We discuss the vintage of my sealed game collection and a memory from when I first acquired that object. We laugh as I pass the hor d'oeuvres in our guests section of the room. Should a guest like to view my rare titles such as my sealed home carts copies or special edition versions of Madden (throughout the years), I escort them in groups of two and place the item on my marble viewing podium. Many awe after seeing the lack of insertion marks. Coincidentally, I can tell that the female guests are quite moist after being shown a collection of this magnitude. Afterwards, we exit the game viewing area and discuss our joy of viewing said collection. Libations and cocaine is then passed around. Ever since I sold off my Klimt and Picasso collections, I've been never happier with the move towards sealed games.


    I'd like to add a note that while I'm doing this, I'm wearing the finest red, silk robe that I picked up in Akiharbara. My loafers are from Brooks Brothers and my hair is neatly combed in a very continental style.

    My trader feedback: Click here!

  25. #50
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    whisper2053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Frozen Wisconsin

    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by OMFG View Post
    Looks guys, I don't know what's up with the sealed games hatred...

    Whenever I throw dinner parties or host mixology sessions, I like to move the party over to my game viewing area. We discuss the vintage of my sealed game collection and a memory from when I first acquired that object. We laugh as I pass the hor d'oeuvres in our guests section of the room. Should a guest like to view my rare titles such as my sealed home carts copies or special edition versions of Madden (throughout the years), I escort them in groups of two and place the item on my marble viewing podium. Many awe after seeing the lack of insertion marks. Coincidentally, I can tell that the female guests are quite moist after being shown a collection of this magnitude. Afterwards, we exit the game viewing area and discuss our joy of viewing said collection. Libations and cocaine is then passed around. Ever since I sold off my Klimt and Picasso collections, I've been never happier with the move towards sealed games.


    I'd like to add a note that while I'm doing this, I'm wearing the finest red, silk robe that I picked up in Akiharbara. My loafers are from Brooks Brothers and my hair is neatly combed in a very continental style.
    /dies


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •