Rom file for Naomi Null/Zero key?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
_CP_OFF & _DATA_CP_OFF & _LVP_ON & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF

ive not used my GQ-4X to program these its a k150 jdm programmer i use.

Last edited:

rick101

n00b
if we are talking chihiro i do have one chip but its not netbootable. ive decompiled the 2 full dumps on mame and i can not find the issue. im using a jdm programer. naomi is perfectly working via my fixes.

My cpu is also a naomi 2. Was thinking of trying out a network pic to see if it might work. If I can get my hands on one.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
naomi 1/2 works with the changes i showed and the default settings like i posted. ive sold a few pics and even made replacement keys that worked flawless

if its just naomi your talking about its not someting to do with the fixes. i can not trouble shoot what ever device your using to flash the pics since i do not have one

Last edited:

rick101

n00b
naomi 1/2 works with the changes i showed and the default settings like i posted. ive sold a few pics and even made replacement keys that worked flawless

if its just naomi your talking about its not someting to do with the fixes. i can not trouble shoot what ever device your using to flash the pics since i do not have one

Yeah it's ok, the thing is when I load the hex file when I go the dev settings in my programmer it loads all the settings automatically. Everything seems to be in order. Just don't know what is wrong. did lemony get it to work already?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
as far as i know lemony has burnt a few pics all working in naomi. chihiro we have an issue.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Yeah it's ok, the thing is when I load the hex file when I go the dev settings in my programmer it loads all the settings automatically. Everything seems to be in order. Just don't know what is wrong. did lemony get it to work already?

Auto settings are not 100% guaranteed when it comes to burning GALs/PICs and in some cases vary between programmers

as far as i know lemony has burnt a few pics all working in naomi. chihiro we have an issue.

Chihiro/Triforce Type 3 is a different ballgame. I've had ppl with Type 1 Chihiro/Triforce report back with Naomi Zero PICs working though.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Chihiro/Triforce Type 3 is a different ballgame. I've had ppl with Type 1 Chihiro/Triforce report back with Naomi Zero PICs working though.

i wish we can id what the problem is so we can fix it

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
With 4.02 firmware, let's you play decrypted naomi roms with any compact flash card reader.

Or, when you netboot, it keeps your decrypted noami rom from crashing, when you disconnect the noami from the (file server) computer.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Or, when you netboot, it keeps your decrypted noami rom from crashing, when you disconnect the noami from the (file server) computer.

Keep Alive is still active, unless this is strictly a feature on 4.02. I assumed that version was CFW strictly for CF.

All a Zero key allows you to do in the Netboot world is play any decrypted NAOMI ISO/BIN without swapping out Security PICs. You still need an active network, due too the Keep Alive the NetDIMM requests. A reason why PiLoaders are pretty popular or folks hookup to a Wireless Access Point. If you disconnect a network cable the Keep Alive request will time out and you will get a Gateway Error.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
keep alive conection is not needed on netbooting with a proper netboot chip. cfboot chip just allows to decypt.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yeah with a proper 0 key PIC like I've gotten from both werejag and LV, you can disconnect the network. Without the PIC you have to leave the script running. It's the only reason I even have PIC chips (so I can shut down my laptop after I netboot, or use it to boot another NAOMI). If you're netbooting decrypted images, you don't even need a PIC at all if you leave the network up.

I think my dimms are 3.03, 3.17, and 4.02, they all work without the persistent network as long as the PIC is installed. I just commented out the pings from the .py script so it exits after sending the image to the NAOMI.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
keep alive conection is not needed on netbooting with a proper netboot chip. cfboot chip just allows to decypt.

Interesting. Guess the one's I've had were different then, they Gateway error from a timeout.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Interesting. Guess the one's I've had were different then, they Gateway error from a timeout.

Yeah that's the same behavior as no chip. The ones you had probably had errors in their code.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah that's the same behavior as no chip. The ones you had probably had errors in their code.

yeah the mame dumped stock code found on the net is riddled with errors.

also i believe if you have a script that provides the decyption key inside it it doesnt matter if the pic is correct. since you told it to ignore the pic.

use the official transfer app or edit the keep alive part to test properly

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
It possible to PM a link for a bin. I have 5 and they are all different on a compare lol.

rick101

n00b
well, I finally figured out whats wrong with my zero key. I finally got it to work using werejag code.

thank you Very much guys for the help

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
rick101 i have bad rep around here with some who see me as nothing but a mooch. so i thanked you as i get little positive feedback. if only i sold the code i wouldnt have to be seen as a mooch. which is something i wasnt willing to do.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
rick101 i have bad rep around here with some who see me as nothing but a mooch. so i thanked you as i get little positive feedback. if only i sold the code i wouldnt have to be seen as a mooch. which is something i wasnt willing to do.

I've dropped that past drama as it is from the past, even left it in that thread and been silent. In the last year alone, I have see you contribute plenty and offer services to other members and of course help. Changed my opinion of you and I hope others will follow.

Thank you for cleaning up this code, there are many bins out there that have bad code or aren't properly labeled being CF or Netboot.