Rom file for Naomi Null/Zero key?

rick102

n00b
i do not know how to explain it better then the snipet you posted.

replace the lines with what i posted it.

the config line ive not figured out doesnt seems to matter

I did what you posted i just deleted the whole line and replaced the other lines that you describe.

I have burned the hex file to a blank pic. Just waiting to test it. I don't have the naomi with me right now. :)

hope it works

Thank you

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
they are reflashable

and if it doesnt work ill upload my source for you

rick102

n00b
they are reflashable

wow thank you very much.

Il let you know once i have tested it out. i still have to replace the dimm battery and cpu fans of my naomi.

would take some time to source out the fans.

baphomet

n00b
So I got everything for my raspberry pi setup today and I'm getting an error 33 on basically everything. Only things I've found so far that boot are ikaruga and atomiswave games. I get the same thing with or without the null pic installed.

Is there anything I can test to narrow it down? I'm 99% sure it's the pic, but I just want to be positive.

Thanks!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
doesnt the pi script issue a decyption key via script?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
So I got everything for my raspberry pi setup today and I'm getting an error 33 on basically everything. Only things I've found so far that boot are ikaruga and atomiswave games. I get the same thing with or without the null pic installed.

Is there anything I can test to narrow it down? I'm 99% sure it's the pic, but I just want to be positive.

Thanks!

hey man! I'm talking with you on FB! :D

Quick question, did you make sure that the voltage to the naomi is sitting pretty at 5v and 3v when The Naomi is on and attempting to netboot?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Error 33. Display: GATEWAY IS NOT FOUND.

Error 33 is not a pic chip error code. The pic chip is working fine in the net/dimm board. If it were not, then you should get a different error code before you got Error 33.

If all parts are working correctly, the naomi is looking for a Gateway (TCP/IP or a broadcast router). If you're using a crossover cable, instead of a router, you need to double check it and make sure it works correct.

If the naomi is connected to a TCP/IP router, or a working crossover cable, then you need to go back and double check your network settings and make sure the naomi is on the TCP/IP network.

Last edited:

rick102

n00b
they are reflashable

hey werejag this offer still good ? i have been trying to netboot an old naomi 2 initial d3 cabinet, because the gd rom is damaged.

so far i have try to load the game using transfergame.exe and all went well but after transfer, the machine checks the memory after that i get "error 31 THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD"

my bios is epr- b 23608

net dimm f/w is 3.17

so made me think my zero key must be the culprit?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
You need a new/different pic.

But, does the game start up and then crash to Error 31?

Or, does the game crash to Error 31 before the game starts up?

rick101

n00b
You need a new/different pic.

But, does the game start up and then crash to Error 31?

Or, does the game crash to Error 31 before the game starts up?

games doesn't load at all, after transfer the naomi cpu reboots then "CHEKCKING MEMORY..." when it reaches 100 the throws the error 31 game not accepted by this mainboard.

i even tried to use the original pic that came with the gd rom (initial d3) still the same.

also i used a xeltek 600p to program my pic im not sure if i got the settings correct though. does anyone have any experience with this programmer ?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Double check your image with python2.7 and the nomiboot script.

If the image works, then change your null/zero key pic chip.

And make sure you get a netboot pic chip for naomi 1 & 2.

Pretty sure you need to change your pic.

---

In general: If you're loading a decrypted image, then you need a zero/null key.

If you're loading an OEM encrypted image, then you need the OEM pic chip for the game.

rick101

n00b
Double check your image with python2.7 and the nomiboot script.

If the image works, then change your null/zero key pic chip.

And make sure you get a netboot pic chip for naomi 1 & 2.

Pretty sure you need to change your pic.

---

In general: If you're loading a decrypted image, then you need a zero/null key.

If you're loading an OEM encrypted image, then you need the OEM pic chip for the game.

what is a netboot pic chip, is this diffrent from the null/zero key ? well i just downloaded the game from the net and its in bin file and i know it is decrypted.

I think i need a null key. but was trying to make one but apparently it doesn't seem to work.

I have thought of using python as i understand it doesn't need the key. but il have to look for a tutorial. took me days to be able to connect my pc to the naomi 2 apparently it just had to put another ram chip in it for it to work. I have no idea why.

i hope won't take very long for me to use the python script

but if werejag can send me his file maybe i can test that one out first to save me the trouble of using python

rick101

n00b
sent email

thank you very much werejag

i have tried it out, still got the same error31

i was wondering if it has anything to do with the new ram that i installed ? are the rams in the net dimm brand specific ? i have put in 2 256mb ram modules in there. it was suppose to be that 256 was fine. but then i couldn't even set the ip in the network with out throwing in another ram module making it 512. with just 1 ram module the net dimm keep giving me " error net dimm timed out "

or it could also be the game that i downloaded ? Initial_d3_export.bin ? i might have to try the phyton to test this one out.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Are you sure you are inserting the null pic into the netdimm in the correct direction? If you put it in backwards it'll be trashed and you'll have to burn another.

Lemony Vengeance

Are you sure you are inserting the null pic into the netdimm in the correct direction? If you put it in backwards it'll be trashed and you'll have to burn another.

yeah, don't put it in backward.

also, are you sure it has enough power? It's gotta be 5v, 3.3v on the NOSE when everything is powered on in order for this stuff to work properly or you're going to have booting issues.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
wtf this is in naomi? yes not all ram works in naomi. if iot is my code ill fix it

Last edited:

rick101

n00b
The ram needs to be two of the same make and manufacturer. no mixing.

Yeah it's 2 of the same kind. I forgot the brand though. Was thinking that might be the problem. Oh and another thing everytimr I load the game when I go to test mode I notice that it says "unknown title" I got the game from the French site I think. I think the only way to confirm all this is by trying to send the game using python script.

IL try it out when I get the chance.

Regarding voltage issues? I never end checked it out its a whole complete original cabinet of initial d3. I have 2 of them and the other naomi 2 cpu is busted garbled screen. The one I'm working with has gd ROM issues.

rick101

n00b
hi, guys

Just had some time to work on the initial d cabinet. I tried to use the python script and it has booted up the initial_d3_export game.

I tried to use the transfergame.exe and the security key that i burned. It gave me a new error. ERROR 33 gateway cannot be found.

I don't really know what is causing this error, I still don't know if my my security key is working.

Lemony Vengeance

hi, guys

Just had some time to work on the initial d cabinet. I tried to use the python script and it has booted up the initial_d3_export game.

I tried to use the transfergame.exe and the security key that i burned. It gave me a new error. ERROR 33 gateway cannot be found.

I don't really know what is causing this error, I still don't know if my my security key is working.

did it load the game, reset, then give you an error 33?

I'm having the same issue, and I think it's related to settings during the burn.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
with lemony ive been working on this also and we have not solved it. thou i do not have a chihiro system myself

rick101

n00b
did it load the game, reset, then give you an error 33?

I'm having the same issue, and I think it's related to settings during the burn.

No it does not load at all. After checking memory screen it just gives me an ERROR 33 gateway not found. As i have mentioned works just fine when i use the python script. I noticed that when i try to use the transfergame.exe the game is still unknown when i enter the settings menu, when the game was loaded using the python script it shows the game title and works just fine. Which makes me think that it is rejecting my zero key. I have also update my netdimm firmware to 4.02 from 3.17 using python script, again with transfergame.exe it also gives me the same error.

with lemony ive been working on this also and we have not solved it. thou i do not have a chihiro system myself

I hope we can find a solution for this. werejag what programmer do you use if i you don't mind me asking. Do you have a netboot pic from another game? Correct me if im wrong i read that i could use a netpic from another game and it would work just fine? just like a zerokey?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
if we are talking chihiro i do have one chip but its not netbootable. ive decompiled the 2 full dumps on mame and i can not find the issue. im using a jdm programer. naomi is perfectly working via my fixes.

Lemony Vengeance

No it does not load at all. After checking memory screen it just gives me an ERROR 33 gateway not found.

This exact thing is happening with me, but on the Naomi. I'm thinking the settings on the burner weren't configured properly.

werejag, What settings need to be applied? I'm using the software that came with the GQ-4X.