Rom file for Naomi Null/Zero key?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I've searched for this when i started thinking about Netbooting but could never find it.

Then i went for the python tools way (wireless) and never looked back :buttrock:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Werejag might have it, I got a couple of the Pic chips from him.

If you get really desperate, and it would help you at all, I could let you borrow one of mine if you could dump the image.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'd like one too. I was trying to buy one from the forums a while ago, but the deal fell through. Would love to have one if a source is found ;)

leonk

Marked Wolf
It's very easy to make your own. The source for the pic is a google search away. Then you simply use a simple pic free compiler to compile the asm source to hex file. It's the hex file you burn to the pic. That's what I did with zero issues. Most difficult part was figuring out the burner settings.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Werejag might have it, I got a couple of the Pic chips from him.

If you get really desperate, and it would help you at all, I could let you borrow one of mine if you could dump the image.

I have one as well. if it's possible, I can dump it and churn some out.

It's very easy to make your own. The source for the pic is a google search away. Then you simply use a simple pic free compiler to compile the asm source to hex file. It's the hex file you burn to the pic. That's what I did with zero issues. Most difficult part was figuring out the burner settings.

I've looked for days and cant find a damn thing. you may have to PM me with a trail of breadcrumbs.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Agreed, it's easy, and I have the image files, but I have no way of burning them. Seems foolish, I know, but I'm not really too interested in buying an EPROM programmer just for the few things I'd like to make. Maybe one day I will, and maybe this is a good excuse to get off my ass and buy a cheap one, but I'd much rather just get a burned one I can drop in than go through the trouble of buying the parts and burning it myself.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Darksoft and I were looking for a BIN file for it awhile back. We couldn't find a good one to download and burn. WE eventually found someone that gave us an already-compiled bin for the zero key. And has been said above, setting the burner settings is the hard part. Its not like an eprom where you just load and burn. There is a source code for the security pics online that explains how to burn an individual pic for any game or how to make the zero key pic but you have to modify the code before you compile it.

I ended up having to burn the PIC and then go back and manually set the security fuses before it would work.

But I guess if anyone wants one I can sell them one. I have plenty of blank PICs here.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
tumblr_lgn6chbBdF1qa6j6co1_500.gif

all the posts have made sense, but I finally think I understand.

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
I appreciate if one can send me a compiled file ready to burn...

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
you are mistaken and used a script with the null key built into it. best look over it again there is no less then 4 major mistakes in the code

the akey the bkey, has most of the errors

leonk

Marked Wolf
you are mistaken and used a script with the null key built into it. best look over it again there is no less then 4 major mistakes in the code

the akey the bkey, has most of the errors

I don't use any script. I modified the code to be the null keys, compiled and burned it using my EPROM programmer onto a PIC chip. I use a CF setup (which I built myself) been running it for a few months now with no issues. Read the source, modify the defaults and it should work.

Here's the source I used: http://pastebin.com/Wn33TXMk

One can clearly see that the zero keys and other parts are commented out. Just flip the comments. Not hard to follow even if you never done any Asm coding before.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
DT 0x00,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

should read

DT 0x33,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

------
DT 0x34,0x2F ; Last 2 bytes of DES key
; DT 0x00,0x00
DT 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

should read

; DT 0x34,0x2F ; Last 2 bytes of DES key
DT 0x34,0x00
; del line here

those lines are what are wrong mostly

Last edited:

Kiddcade

n00b
_CP_OFF & _DATA_CP_OFF & _LVP_ON & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF
; & _HS_OSC

Some programmers will have 3 flags for OSC. To get HS_OSC you need to set FOSC0_OFF FOSC1_ON FOSC2_OFF

Here's a visual reference from my programmer soft.

MHOOIC8.jpg

rick102

n00b
DT 0x00,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

should read

DT 0x33,0x00,0x00, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

------
; DT 0x00,0x00
DT 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

should read

; DT 0x34,0x2F ; Last 2 bytes of DES key
DT 0x34,0x00
; del line here

those lines are what are wrong mostly

hi sorry to bring up this old thread, i am trying to make a zero key ? and this line confuses me a bit.

delete the line here ? if i delete that should i just leave the line blank ? and repalce with NOP ?

i don't really know anything about programming so i am just kinda following instruction word per word.

plus the instruction on the link also said to change config ?

__config 0x2102
; __config 0x32A2 // old value

do i add this line ? or do i change the old value ?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i do not know how to explain it better then the snipet you posted.

replace the lines with what i posted it.

the config line ive not figured out doesnt seems to matter

Last edited:

rick102

n00b
BKEYCODE
ADDWF PCL,F ; !!Program-Counter-Modification
; DT 0x00,0x00
DT 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00<<<<< I DELETED THIS AND REPLACED IT WITH "NOP"

or should i just delete this line period ?

i placed a NOP so that it would have the same end line which is 2068 lines
or delete line which leaves me with 2067 lines ?

Does this even matter ?

and the last part which is the file name ABC? i just moved the ; DT "5BGB.BIN"

how would i know if that my zero key works ?

would a wrong code harm my naomi 2 ?

THANK YOU

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Man... Lemony... you so silly...

There's about tech sub-sections... I would spank you... but I sorta like you a lot...

Keep it real out there:p

xROTx