Wyo_vr4's Collection

Zeo-Gold

n00b
Such a great setup, dem PVMs are perfect. I cant ever seem to find any for sale close by to me. That picture of the dog by the pool with the frisbee is golden :D

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Wow, an adult high-class gaming room! Never did I think to myself "this guy lives in his parents basement", congrats on the beautiful room! I love that Windjammers pic too :-)

novorod

n00b
It looks like your gaming room is larger than the flat I'm living in at the moment :) Beautiful collection, you can see passion and dedication at the first sight.

Also, hello everyone! A really nice place you have here at neo-geo.com. I'll introduce myself properly when I'll be able to make my own threads.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm jealous of that Blue's Journey. Very clean setup and a nice room to house all your stuff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
After years of scouring Craigslist and eBay, and MUCH assistance from the wonderful members of this forum, my MVS full set (all officially released games) is finally complete! :D Thanks to everyone that helped make this possible. It was a fun, frustrating, rewarding, expensive, and ultimately satisfying journey. I'd still like to find a couple more kits, maybe an NGDev game or two, and some of my carts are not exactly "collector grade", but that's OK. A lot of these games will now sit on a shelf, but enough will continue to be enjoyed for years to come to have made the effort worthwhile.

FWIW, I wouldn't recommend attempting this in today's crazy market, but if you're almost there good luck grinding it out. It's still chump change compared to those bigtyme AES ballers, I guess ;) Thankfully no loans were required but I definitely received more than my fair share of luck. Extra special thanks to mjmjr25 for helping me acquire a number of key rarez and for being an all-around great guy. Mike has tirelessly done group buy after group buy for us and deserves our appreciation. The same goes for Todd aka broken, another awesome motherfucker. OK, I'm gonna stop here before this turns into an Oscar acceptance speech. Pics to follow.

Cheers,

Nick

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Congrats Nick, well played! I'm not too far off myself, but with the current Aussie dollar so shitty right now, I'm going to have to put my search on hold.

Keen to see the pics!

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Congrats Nick. I am honored to provide you the last MVS game you were looking for :) Awaiting for your pics now.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Cool, cool and thanks for the comments, Nick. Also would love to see the pics. I was pretty close to a full cart set, but alas, the AES bug has bit.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice work! I've only got 2 complete collections, but I know how great it is to fill in those last few carts.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
MVS complete set - Part 1

Two years ago today I bought a Big Red cab and began collecting MVS games. 22 months and countless hours of searching later, I achieved a full set of officially released games, along with a handful of unofficial titles. Finally got around to taking some pics. Here's what's on shelf number 1 ;)

MVS1.jpg

MVS2.jpg

MVS3.jpg

MVS4.jpg

MVS5.jpg

MVS6.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Sweet as fuck. Simple as that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Funny, my shelf also holds 16 shock boxes per tier. I don't have a complete set, don't care for some games like mahjong and quiz games. Nice and neat set up though, I like it, most of your labels are in real decent shape too, kudos for that.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Those are some clean labels wow !! congrats on your goal.
How is Jockey GrandPrix ? Its a gambling sim right? one of the few NG games i don't think I've ever played

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thanks for the comments, guys. I've been procrastinating on doing this.

Those are some clean labels wow !! congrats on your goal.
How is Jockey GrandPrix ? Its a gambling sim right? one of the few NG games i don't think I've ever played

Jockey Grand Prix is pretty much worthless because it requires a hopper to pay out winnings. All you do is bet on races. The graphics are decent but the game is strictly for completists only.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You may well have the cleanest label collection around man.

(It's way better than mine) ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A joy to look at and so cool that you went the extra mile to get a full set. There's something poetic about having some unplayable and pointless titles in one's collection, I dig that ;). ...not that your crisp labels would need anymore of that poetry. Congrats & thanks for sharing!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Jockey Grand Prix is pretty much worthless because it requires a hopper to pay out winnings. All you do is bet on races. The graphics are decent but the game is strictly for completists only.

I actually have gotten hooked on JGP. While I don't exactly get "paid out" since no hopper, etc. I still got oddly into it when I play it.

So Wyo, where's the rest of it?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
MVS complete set - Part 2

Here's the rest of it :)

MVS7.jpg

MVS8.jpg

MVS9.jpg

MVS10.jpg

MVS11.jpg

MVS12.jpg