Twistedsymphony's Games

I figured I'd make a quick post to introduce myself.

Currently I've got a Killer Instinct 2 machine that I recently finished Restoring

ki2_t-molding.jpg

I've also got Virtual On Twin Unit I've been working on.

ku-xlarge.jpg

I also have a Dance Dance Revolution Extreme machine (sorry no pics yet).

I signed up here because I'm interested in maybe getting into a candy cab, not to mention there's lot of info relevant to fixing up my VO machine.

I wouldn't mind converting it to VOOT (Model 3 version) but I've been having trouble sourcing the parts (PCBs, control panels and cabinet art)

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Nice job with restoring the Killer Instinct 2 cab back to its former glory.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
You are a legend for having that Virtual On unit in your collection! Nice work.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
What part of NH are you in? If you live near Merrimack I have my blast city cab waiting for visitors.

Hey TS! Welcome.

Nice to know there are some New England locals on here.

What part of NH are you in? If you live near Merrimack I have my blast city cab waiting for visitors.
I'm located in Tilton, so about an hours drive north of you. I might have to see that Blast City at some point.

likewise I'm always happy to have people visit my game room.

You are a legend for having that Virtual On unit in your collection! Nice work.

They had one of these machines in the rec room at my college and I used to play it all the time with my friends so I've been a fan for a long time.

Shortly after I picked up that KI2 I was talking with a friend of mine about our favorite machines, he mentioned that if he could have one machine it would be Virtual On. It got me thinking about it and just for fun I decided to see how much they sell for on eBay. I searched and found a listing for a damn good price, I though "that sounds reasonable I wonder where it's located?" then I just about sh*t a brick when I saw it was just 2 towns over.

I decided I had to buy it, offered the guy $200 below his eBay price and offered to pay cash and pick it up the next weekend... then came the hard part of actually transporting the thing and getting it into my basement... not fun as the machine weighs a little over 1000lbs.

We used 2 pickups to haul it to my house with 4 of us to load and unload each side (without ramps). Then since it was the middle of last winter it stayed in my garage until spring when the snow cleared enough to get to the basement door. I had to practically strip the machine down to the base cabinet and then 4 of us carefully maneuvered it down the stares into the basement... totally worth it though.

I think if I ever move I'm going to need a winch or something to pull the thing out, or just sell it with the house :lol:

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
They had one of these machines in the rec room at my college and I used to play it all the time with my friends so I've been a fan for a long time.

Shortly after I picked up that KI2 I was talking with a friend of mine about our favorite machines, he mentioned that if he could have one machine it would be Virtual On. It got me thinking about it and just for fun I decided to see how much they sell for on eBay. I searched and found a listing for a damn good price, I though "that sounds reasonable I wonder where it's located?" then I just about sh*t a brick when I saw it was just 2 towns over.

I decided I had to buy it, offered the guy $200 below his eBay price and offered to pay cash and pick it up the next weekend... then came the hard part of actually transporting the thing and getting it into my basement... not fun as the machine weighs a little over 1000lbs.

We used 2 pickups to haul it to my house with 4 of us to load and unload each side (without ramps). Then since it was the middle of last winter it stayed in my garage until spring when the snow cleared enough to get to the basement door. I had to practically strip the machine down to the base cabinet and then 4 of us carefully maneuvered it down the stares into the basement... totally worth it though.

I think if I ever move I'm going to need a winch or something to pull the thing out, or just sell it with the house :lol:

Haha, that is great. Yep so totally worth it and a fantastic story to go with the machine. Thanks so much for sharing the photos and backstory.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

Haha, that is great. Yep so totally worth it and a fantastic story to go with the machine. Thanks so much for sharing the photos and backstory.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wow, excellent job on the restoration! And yeah, those Virtual On twins are the shit.